Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ask yourself these things while you watch tv. Does is glorify God?
Some of it does. You know that there are a number of Christian stations as well as the unwholesome ones, for example. And I have liked some of the history-oriented ones myself. As I said before, its mainly a matter of being selective.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are told not to love the things of this world. Secular entertainment is a thing of this world, and to say that you do not love it and yet you can watch it is an oxymoron (See: 1 John 2:15-17). I mean, I get it. I used to be where you at. Before the fall of 2016, I was in the same boat. I used to wrestle with 1 John 2:15-17, and I always felt uneasy reading that passage. But until I put away my secular movie watching that is clearly sinful, it was like I had walked through a door and I could see clearly for the first time. But this is something you will have to experience for yourself.

All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable.
All things are lawful, but not all things edify.

Upvote 0

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I try and be like a little child. I like to watch cartoons or tv shows that I could watch with children.
If I watch tv that has extreme sinning in it (my husband is a nonbeliever), I try not to judge the characters. However, to state that tv itself is the problem is the same mindset that all entertainment is wrong (books, art, etc).
Also, the website is quoted by saying these things among others:
Practically all precepts of the Roman Catholic religion contradict the Bible repeatedly. In this article, we are going to examine a few Roman Catholic doctrines and compare them with the Authorized Version of 1611 of the Bible. The Roman Catholic church is the largest cult in the world and most preachers will not openly say so because it is so large.
www.jesus-is-lord.com/cath.htm
2. have you ever wondered how the microwave heats when there is no fire in it? One day I thought about it and learned how microwaving causes physiological changes to the blood. That food in the grocery store just looks good--some of it, like margarine--even animals will not eat (e.g., our dog won't drink reconstituted powdered milk (just smells it and walks away) but will drink regular milk and canned milk). After a spreadable margarine product turned into what looked and smelled like car oil (after it had burned on my stove), I stopped using it. By God's appointment I soon found out that margarine is a synthetic food...White flour has to be "enriched" because the most nutritious part of it, the germ of the seed, has been ripped out so that it will have a longer shelf life. Manufacturers pour lab "nutrients" into the flour and call it "enriched" instead of "stripped".
From have you ever wondered how the microwave heats when there is no fire in it? One day I thought about it and learned how microwaving causes physiological changes to the blood. That food in the grocery store just looks good--some of it, like margarine--even animals will not eat (e.g., our dog won't drink reconstituted powdered milk (just smells it and walks away) but will drink regular milk and canned milk). After a spreadable margarine product turned into what looked and smelled like car oil (after it had burned on my stove), I stopped using it. By God's appointment I soon found out that margarine is a synthetic food...White flour has to be "enriched" because the most nutritious part of it, the germ of the seed, has been ripped out so that it will have a longer shelf life. Manufacturers pour lab "nutrients" into the flour and call it "enriched" instead of "stripped".
From have you ever wondered how the microwave heats when there is no fire in it? One day I thought about it and learned how microwaving causes physiological changes to the blood. That food in the grocery store just looks good--some of it, like margarine--even animals will not eat (e.g., our dog won't drink reconstituted powdered milk (just smells it and walks away) but will drink regular milk and canned milk). After a spreadable margarine product turned into what looked and smelled like car oil (after it had burned on my stove), I stopped using it. By God's appointment I soon found out that margarine is a synthetic food...White flour has to be "enriched" because the most nutritious part of it, the germ of the seed, has been ripped out so that it will have a longer shelf life. Manufacturers pour lab "nutrients" into the flour and call it "enriched" instead of "stripped".
From
Jesus -is-Lord.com: Jesus Christ is the ONLY Way to God

Many church people are quite literally magicians and devil worshippers in training.

Warning: To endure, God's people must obey the Authorized Version of 1611 of the Bible only and accept accept no new "techniques" e.g., eastern "meditation", yoga-type practices, repetitious "prayers" (actually mantras), etc. God's people simply read the Bible (Authorized Version of 1611) and obey it.
From the index page listed in #2.

So, I would take this website as a whole with a bit of discernment.

Oh i have, i read and research everything. I was doing this before i came to Christ. When she is wrong on something she admits that. The truth isn't something all would love to hear but it is the truth nonetheless. I love the truth, all of it, and its very rare to find likeminded individuals. I trust the Lord above any man, but if someone is saying something that has truth in it. I am inclined to listen.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am so glad i am not the only one to be blessed by her website.

Well, I disagree with the website's belief that we are saved by having a belief in the finished work of Christ alone. By this kind of belief, a believer can fall into sin and still be saved by having a belief in Jesus. But this is a problem. If my salvation was secure in whatever I wanted to do, then I could watch whatever I wanted and not worry about it condemning me because I have a belief on Jesus. But the Bible does not teach that. The website no doubt believes that a saint will be changed, etc. and they would no doubt not justify living in sin, but the Bible teaches that we have to overcome, endure to the end, keep ourselves in the love of God, resist temptation, etc. as a part of eternal life. They also will say that a Christian will not lose their salvation if they sin, either. So if one happens to stumble into doing evil, one is saved (as long as one is not excessively living in sin). But the problem is that if a Christian thinks they can commit a little bit of sin on occasion and be saved then do not need to worry about living for Jesus and or living holy, etc.

You said:
The TV article spoke to me because in my youth, i believed the world was what they showed me. White picket fence, two car garage, a nice house, two kids, a wife, while i am on the grill sipping lemonade, and it is sunny. My young mind soon realized the world is nothing like that.

By statistical probability, there are Christians whose world is like that. But are they truly happy? Are they truly following the Lord Jesus Christ? Sadly, most often, this is not the case (Although we cannot say that this is always true). But Jesus said narrow is the way that leads unto life, and few be there that find it.

You said:
On the same token, 99% of shows make jokes about Jesus.

Yes, even the second to the last Avengers movie made fun of Jesus and this was a line delivered by an actor who is supposed to be Christian. For me, if that does not make a Christian's blood to boil and stop watching this junk, they need to check their spiritual pulse.

You said:
Or just outright blaspheme every good thing he is about. It took some time but by the grace of God i got away from the tube.

If that is what God is calling you to do, then by all means follow that path, brother. But please realize that there are good Christian movies that can inspire others to follow the Lord.

Here is a trailer to a recent Christian movie I seen in limited theaters last Saturday.

The Synopsis: Faced with an indifferent youth group, a new youth Pastor (Actor: Brett Varvel) tries to motivate his students to read God's Word and get serious about their faith.

You said:
I live my life along the Matthew 7:21-23 lines. I do not one to hear "Depart from me, I never know ye, ye that work iniquity." No ma'am i don't want to live my whole life thinking i am serving him and still fall short. Scriptur says:

I agree 100%. In my experience, most Christians today either ignore Matthew 7:23, or they seek to change the meaning of it beyond what it says. The verse is clear. It is telling us that while believers did certain wonderful works, they were told to depart from the Lord because they worked iniquity (or sin). If TV makes you or others to sin, then I agree it is best to put away your TV. But please realize not all Christians who are striving to follow the Lord watch secular sinful movies, but they watch Christian movies and educational nature documentaries.

You said:
Job 28:28 KJV — And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Yes, the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever (Psalms 19:9).
The Commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes (Psalms 19:8).

Most today shun God's commands and they think they can sin (break God's commands) and still be saved on some level by having a belief on Jesus. They think it is okay as long as they tell themselves that they are not living an overly excessive sinful lifestyle.

Note: While I believe Psalms 19:7-11 is referring to the Old Law, I believe this passage can apply to God's laws today (i.e. the commands given to us by Jesus and His followers). For Hebrews 7:12 says the Law has changed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
So don’t watch television, instead consult the internet, which is far worse than television in terms of sex and inappropriate contentography.

Yes, I know.

That hasn’t been my experience with local news. Yes, I am a citizen of the Kingdom of God. I am also a citizen of the republic, which means that I need to keep up with what is going on with our government in order to make informed decisions in elections. Where I live our legislature is currently in special session. I am closely watching our local delegates; if they don’t vote the way I want them to they will not be getting my votes in the next election.

Things on the internet can be controlled, for now. You don't have to watch those. Its okay to know whats going on, but all politics do is divide people. I am not saying be ignorant of the things going on in the world, just don't let it be the focal point.

Upvote 0

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
One thing I've noticed in the bible is that it speaks to the philosophy of its day in the different books.

By ignoring things that people are talking about, it kind of turns the religious community into a leper colony that only cries out "unclean! unclean!"

However, if we are not familiar with what people are talking about, we will be excluded from conversations, not for the gospel's sake ... but for the sake of being ignorant.

Jesus meant better for us.

All i am saying is if you watch tv, does the show you are watching glorify God? You don't have to answer me, but it is a queation you should ask yourself internally.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, I disagree with the website's belief in OSAS (Once Saved Always Saved) or Eternal Security.
According to OSAS: If my salvation was secure in whatever I wanted to do, then I could watch whatever I wanted and not worry about it condemning me because I have a belief on Jesus.

Heres the way I look at it...

I am secure enough in my Christian beliefs to benefit from listening to evangelists who happen to be of another denomination, etc. and not feel threatened simply because they are known to hold to some doctrine or other that they were not preaching about.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ask yourself this. Does it glorify God? How can one gain wisdom from it? Does it bring you closer to Christ?

These are the questions i had to ask myself.

Righteousness is more about what you're doing than what you're not doing (Matthew 25:14–30).

Are you spending all that extra time actively and effectively attending to your particular role of the Great Commission?

Or are you just "virtue signalling?"

With regard to television and other media:

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

They had entertainment media back in Paul's day as well as today. When Paul says "whatever" he's talking about everything, not just scripture.

A child must be told, "Don't go into the street!" That is the rule a child must follow. A mature adult can judge when to cross and when not to cross. (Romans 12).

• Winner
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am secure enough in my Christian beliefs to benefit from listening to evangelists who happen to be of another denomination, etc. and not feel threatened simply because they are known to hold to some doctrine or other that they were not preaching about.

Most are more right than they are wrong. And even of the ones that are more wrong, "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
They relax me, they help me work and do chores (sort of like turning on the radio during work), sometimes they broaden my mind so yes I'd say so. Also Ecclesiastes says "there is a time to work and a time to play." A little recreation, as long as it's wholesome, it not bad

Everything we do should be to get closer to the Lord. Things that are sinful aren't fun, it damages the soul. All i am doing is giving people something to think about my brother.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

There is a difference between outreach for a particular unbiblical belief, vs. watching secular sinful movies. There is no benefit in watching secular sinful movies but the simple notion that good conquers evil sometimes. We do not need a movie to learn that concept. The Bible already teaches it. The sinful things within films are strong enough to effect the Christian life and walk.

But would you join in on a Satanic meeting while they are doing satanic things so as to evangelize them at some point? I would say... "no." That is not a good approach. You would not want to even be around that evil junk without it making you feel sick. This is how sin in movies should make you feel. But sadly, this does not upset most Christians. They think... "Oh, it's fantasy and in this world of fantasy this kind of sin does not really exist there." But a film creator cannot change the reality of sin. It doesn't work like that.

Reactions: BrotherD
Upvote 0

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everything we do should be to get closer to the Lord. Things that are sinful aren't fun, it damages the soul. All i am doing is giving people something to think about my brother.

You think sin isn't fun? What sins have you committed? Sin is very fun that's why we do it. We shouldn't, obviously, but we do.

Sometimes simply relaxing helps us get closer to the Lord. Sometimes we honestly need to just unwind or get things done around the house or whatever. I get where you're coming from but I simply do not see the hatred of all forms of TV

Upvote 0

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Well, I disagree with the website's belief in OSAS (Once Saved Always Saved) or Eternal Security. According to OSAS: A believer can fall into sin and still be saved by having a belief in Jesus. But this is a problem. If my salvation was secure in whatever I wanted to do, then I could watch whatever I wanted and not worry about it condemning me because I have a belief on Jesus. But the Bible does not teach that. The website no doubt believes that a saint will be changed, etc. and they would no doubt not justify living in sin, but the Bible teaches that we have to overcome, endure to the end, keep ourselves in the love of God, resist temptation, etc. as a part of eternal life. They also will say that a Christian will not lose their salvation if they sin, either. So if one happens to stumble into doing evil, one is saved (as long as one is not excessively living in sin). But the problem is that if a Christian thinks they can commit a little bit of sin on occasion and be saved then do not need to worry about living for Jesus and or living holy, etc.

By statistical probability, there are Christians whose world is like that. But are they truly happy? Are they truly following the Lord Jesus Christ? Sadly, most often, this is not the case (Although we cannot say that this is always true). But Jesus said narrow is the way that leads unto life, and few be there that find it.

Yes, even the second to the last Avengers movie made fun of Jesus and this was a line delivered by an actor who is supposed to be Christian. For me, if that does not make a Christian's blood to boil and stop watching this junk, they need to check their spiritual pulse.

If that is what God is calling you to do, then by all means follow that path, brother. But please realize that there are good Christian movies that can inspire others to follow the Lord.

Here is a trailer to a recent Christian movie I seen in limited theaters last Saturday.

The Synopsis: Faced with an indifferent youth group, a new youth Pastor (Actor: Brett Varvel) tries to motivate his students to read God's Word and get serious about their faith.

I agree 100%. In my experience, most Christians today either ignore Matthew 7:23, or they seek to change the meaning of it beyond what it says. The verse is clear. It is telling us that while believers did certain wonderful works, they were told to depart from the Lord because they worked iniquity (or sin). If TV makes you or others to sin, then I agree it is best to put away your TV. But please realize not all Christians who are striving to follow the Lord watch secular sinful movies, but they watch Christian movies and educational nature documentaries.

Yes, the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever (Psalms 19:9).
The Commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes (Psalms 19:8).

Most today shun God's commands and they think they can sin (break God's commands) and still be saved on some level by having a belief on Jesus. They think it is okay as long as they tell themselves that they are not living an overly excessive sinful lifestyle.

Note: While I believe Psalms 19:7-11 is referring to the Old Law, I believe this passage can apply to God's laws today (i.e. the commands given to us by Jesus and His followers). For Hebrews 7:12 says the Law has changed.

I haven't came across any once saved always saved doctrine from the website, but i don't believe in that myself. Her deliverance serise and deception series is pretty thorough. I am advocating a seperation from the world as the scriptures state. Tv is used to influence and manipulate people. I seek the truth and thanks be to God i am finding it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You think sin isn't fun? What sins have you committed? Sin is very fun that's why we do it. We shouldn't, obviously, but we do.

Sometimes simply relaxing helps us get closer to the Lord. Sometimes we honestly need to just unwind or get things done around the house or whatever. I get where you're coming from but I simply do not see the hatred of all forms of TV

Not all forms, i watch YouTube but i watch certain videos. I have had to do alot of blocking youtubers as well. We can pray and ask the Lord what we can do to relax and unwind, we don't need the sins of the world to help us do it.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Things on the internet can be controlled, for now. You don't have to watch those. Its okay to know whats going on, but all politics do is divide people. I am not saying be ignorant of the things going on in the world, just don't let it be the focal point.
I think you should live on a mountain, away from anything. Especially since you view god as that insecure that he really doesn't like it when you just want to entertain yourself and have moments of enjoying the life he gave that it's a complete bad thing to not give him religious attention 24/7.

Please, lighten up. A lot.

• Agree
Reactions: doctorwho29
Upvote 0

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Righteousness is more about what you're doing than what you're not doing (Matthew 25:14–30).

Are you spending all that extra time actively and effectively attending to your particular role of the Great Commission?

Or are you just "virtue signalling?"

With regard to television and other media:

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

They had entertainment media back in Paul's day as well as today. When Paul says "whatever" he's talking about everything, not just scripture.

A child must be told, "Don't go into the street!" That is the rule a child must follow. A mature adult can judge when to cross and when not to cross. (Romans 12).

All i am trying to do is to get people to think. Its hard to tell today's Christian from the world. I desire more, but i can't make others and i wouldn't. He has been working on me and all i am doing is sharing what i have learned

Upvote 0