Shepherds - Wise men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shepherds , not the "wise men", were the one's who came to see the baby Jesus lying in a manger - ref: Luke 2:8 thru verse 16

The "wise men" came when Jesus was a "young child" , and they came to the house where Jesus and his parents were living. The "wise men" are the one's who came bearing gifts. ref: Matthew 2:9 - 11. Not the shepherds !

The "wise men" brought gifts to a "young child" , and there is no reference that it was his birthday.

We know that when the "wise men" came , that the "young child" Jesus was under two years old, because Herod killed all the children two years old and under , in an attempt to kill Jesus who came to reign as king over house of Jacob for ever > ref: Luke 1:33 - King of the Jews > ref: Matthew 2:2.

The "Star" in the east did not stop guiding them until it stood over the "young child" < > not "baby" - Jesus .

This is one misconception about this time of year, and the Christmas stories.

Hervey

read luke 2.
jesus was born, and 8 days later curcumcised and presented to the lord. then they went to a man that was in that city jerusalem, simeon. and when they had done this they went back to their own city, nazareth.

so, they went to nazareth soon after curcumsision. but they didnt have time to go to egypt and wait for the king to die between those 2 incidents did they? no.
but they did go to egypt. and they did go to nazareth. and we know they went to nazareth soon after circumsision.
so nazareth had to be first, they went to nazareth first, then to egypt.

read. matthew 2.13
when the wise men departed joseph had a dream, and WHEN HE AROSE, he took the child to egypt.
so, joseph went to egypt soon after the wise men left.
but according to luke they went to nazareth before egypt.
so,
THE WISE MEN HAD TO FIND THEM IN NAZARETH! not in bethlehem.
herod sent them to bethlehem to look, but but that dont mean its where they found him.
and yeah it was up to 2 years later.

Upvote 0
i know, man we need to be reading this book more, gosh. but we settle for tradition.

but something else this shows is that even through our mistakes(like this one) god still saved us!
man didnt have to get it perfect! god was big enough to handle our flaws and always will be.
i am one person who stresses "being perfect even as my father in heavon" and "studying to show myself approved"
to get it right, to strive for perfection.

but it is good to know that he is big enough to pull it off without me being perfect. and david said he chased after god, but he was in gods hand the whole time.

my gosh, we should strive for perfection.
but god doesnt always require perfection but simply progress.

Upvote 0
Hervey,
I do not care much for Christmas, nor Easter as a matter of fact, because It is more a traditional thing rather than a "Worship and praising and adhoring Him" season.

That one truth that you mentioned about the wise men, would make the 'nativity seen' less crowded
smile.gif

It is funny however when a "Holy Cow" gets slaughtered!

We should start a topic on "holy cows" and see how many we can find, that is based upon tradition rather than the Word of God.

In Him <><

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.