Logan City
✟758,092.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure if this should be posted here or in the news section, but the following news item has a video of sharks circling bait fish near a place called 1770 on the Queensland Coast. It's actually about a shark attack, the second in the last week in Queensland waters. The moving dark shadow in the water is the school of bait fish.

If you're wondering about the town with a number for a name it has to do with Captain James Cook's voyage up the east Australian coast in 1770.

The town of Seventeen Seventy is so named because on 24 May in that year, Lieutenant James Cook, captain of His Majesty's barque HMS Endeavour, came ashore and landed on the beach of Round Hill Creek in the vicinity of the present village.

Many years ago I was on a fishing trip with a Christian group called "Scripture Union". We were on Fraser Island which is south of 1770 and Agnes Water. I was standing on the shore but I could see a feeding frenzy about 100 metres off shore. A bunch of shark fins were moving around and it was obvious they were excited.

• Wow
Reactions: St_Worm2