Sharing your favorite sport (sports)...

K

kaykay9.0

Not athletic here, I'm afraid. Took golf and bowling in college and was miserably bad at both!:o I am exceptionally good at ping-pong (table tennis) however! :thumbsup: Can that count???:D

Neither my husband nor I are much into spectator sports either. I would probably pick football as my fave if I had to choose something. If my husband were more into sports, I would probably try to be more interested but I'm not. My 85 year old mother does enjoy watching golf on TV, however^_^

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Not athletic here, I'm afraid. Took golf and bowling in college and was miserably bad at both!:o I am exceptionally good at ping-pong (table tennis) however! :thumbsup: Can that count???:D

Yes, ping pong counts..as far as I am concerned. :doh:I don't play tennis anymore but I still play ping pong. :D

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In our beloved sport, Exceptional models abound, chiefly: Oleg & Ludmila Protopopov
thumbsup.gif

(2-time Olympic gold), as seen in this U-tube movie (posted in my Skating-group: 21st July 2010 01:33 PM )

Both were in this Competition in their 50's :) & they continue skating... :clap: PRAISE God!
Enjoyed/studied by millions us skaters.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My favorite sport is snowshoeing :thumbsup:
There is nothing like shoeing through the woodlands after a fresh snowfall...it is so quiet and peaceful....and fun to see tracks of wildlife that have passed by (and an occasional LIVE sighting) :angel:

Reactions: pilgrimgal
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I would like to have played tennis more. Maybe if there is a seniors club I'll take it up after retirement. I'm not very competitive though, but I like to keep fit with my exercise bike etc, and enjoy the gym.

Reactions: sk8Joyful
Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would like to have played tennis more.
Maybe if there is a seniors club I'll take it up after retirement. I'm not very competitive though,
but I like to keep fit with my exercise bike etc, and enjoy the gym.
Tell me this thread was Not intended, for only competitors :D,
as in that case, I'm out! - (Even when I was shorter,
this here ;) kid only enjoyed Snow-skiing & Gymnastics for the pure :clap: FUN
Sprinting, otoh, for some strange reason I was fiercely :) competitive in)

It will be yearS before I'd consent to entering an 'Iceskating :thumbsup: competition', as
I have much yet to gain... in both body, & skill-wise. Cheers! :wave:

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Tell me this thread was Not intended, for only competitors :D,
:wave:

:doh:Okay, joyful, I am telling you that this thread was not intended for only competitors. :D Just to talk about our favorite sports..keep it up..this is fun! :D

pilgrimgal..the OP..

Reactions: sk8Joyful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am NOT a competitor :blush:
There's no! need to be embarassed about that. - Since I skate,
here's what one (former olympic performer), now Coach said about that: 'You see skaters
who race past the basics, with lousy edges & form, just so they can Spin & Jump, on their way of 1 competition to the next,
thinking they're soo ^_^ good. Then, they wonder why they aren't on the Medal-stands, duh!'
iow
Gail, having Fun :clap: while learning a sport well :thumbsup: << this (not some Icing on the cake) makes you ;) a winner :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: pilgrimgal
Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
We sure can enjoy sports without entering into competition. I ran in road races for years just for the fun of it. My goal was not to win nor to place but just to finish! And it kept me in shape as well. I am not much into spectator sports. My husband is a big baseball and football fan along with my relatives. Yesterday my husband and some family traveled quite a distance through heavy traffic to another city to see a baseball game. When they got there they found that they had to stand in line until the 3rd inning to pick up tickets on reserve. Then there was the traffic on the way home. I missed all of that and enjoyed a quiet evening at home. But it is okay for those who like it. (Like my dear husband)..:D

Upvote 0

walkin2e

Sep 28, 2004
Blackshear, Georgia, USA
Visit site
✟17,281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My favorite is basketball...I also played football, softball, tennis, and bowled.

I still shoot basketball (even made a youtube video on my spoof NBA tryout...I was actually making the shots). I play some with my grandsons, one who said "Bald headed papa, I've been practicing and I believe I can finally beat you at H-O=R-S-E"...He didn't, he's 16.

walkin2e

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My favorite is basketball...I also played football, softball, tennis, and bowled.

I still shoot basketball (even made a youtube video on my spoof NBA tryout...I was actually making the shots). I play some with my grandsons, one who said "Bald headed papa, I've been practicing and I believe I can finally beat you at H-O=R-S-E"...He didn't, he's 16.

walkin2e

Good for you..in time your grandson just may beat you but you'll be glad! Keep up that inspiration, Papa! :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pilgrimgal

Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Recently I acquired a love for a sport I knew nothing about before. (Never too late to learn new ones, right?) Anyway, I don't play this sport but I stand on the sidelines and encourage. (Almost say cheer except you are supposed to keep quiet while the players play) It is Horseshoes which I also learned is officially called "Horseshoe Pitching." My husband has gotten pretty proficient in this the last few years practicing with a club twice a week now for three years. And last month he entered his first state wide tournament and won in his category both in singles and doubles. At first I thought this was a boring game (to everyone but the players, of course) but now I find it amazing and interesting. Thanks be to God for this and for how good this is for him and his health and mental outlook! He is my champion! :clap:

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I love to swim. Just the idea of an uncrowded pool and a free afternoon makes me happy.

My mom loved to swim and especially diving. What a great sport! Keep it up..it is so good for you. I am a land lover and rather hike, bike, or play tennis (can't do the last anymore) .but admire those who are like fish in the water. :cool:

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
These years I'm just a watcher of sports, and I wouldn't consider myself an avid or rabid sports fan. :D Occasionally, I like watching tennis, boxing, Nascar, motorcycle racing, and football. In my younger years, I participated in several sports just for fun.

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
When I was about twelve my stepfather gave me a bran new football for my birthday. I never got to play a game except a little tag football with the kid's who hung around our school football field; but I did learn to throw it just like the boys in our neighborhood did. Hey, I am a girl and back then girl's didn't play football, right? ;)

Upvote 0