Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree. God touches everyone at the level of spiritually they are at. Unbelievers are spiritually blind but God can use His creation to show His majesty. Evan believers see through a glass dimmly. In the end everyone will have to give account for their own unbelief.

Upvote 0

SkyBlade

Feb 2, 2013
The world God created!
✟9,829.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
This may sound kinda corny but here I go...

This starts with me walking to class (I'm a high school student). There was very few poeple in the hallways, as there usually is when the late bell is just about to ring, but I guess I was being overconfident and I wasn't worried that I was going to be late, so I was going at a slow place. Besides, the classroom I was headed to wasn't far in front of me. But then I felt some impulse in me that told me to run and hurry up and get to class, so I started to run, and then for some reason I felt like I needed to run faster, so I started to sprint and I got one foot in the classroom right as the late bell rang. My teacher said, "Did you make it?" and I replied "Yeah!"

I guess this sounds kinda lame, and it doesn't seem like me not being late for class could be considered a miracle. But I don't know how else I can explain why I had a sudden impulse to run to class and then make it just in time. Whether it was a coincidence or God, I still think it was an interesting event.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We don't think that's corny. We know God speak speaks in a still quite voice and if we pay attention to the little instructions it will pay off big when He tries to guide us in lifes bigger decisions.

Upvote 0

dvdscott

Jul 18, 2012
✟15,187.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
A few days ago I had a headache that lasted for 2 days. It started off being very minor but got more painful the longer it went. I wasnt in this tremendous amount of pain but I prayed to God for healing and within seconds my headache went away. It might not be the biggest miracle but I thought I'd just share that.

Reactions: Brand0n
Upvote 0

marinasdiamond

faith, hope, and love
Apr 20, 2013
✟7,691.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've been blessed with many miracles from God in my life and I may create my own post for them, but here's my favorite one--

When I was fourteen, I was having a really tough year. I just quit middle school and went back to home-schooling after it turned out to be too stressful (public school after 13 years without public school is hard, lol). I was feeling bad for myself for not being "cool" or fitting in, and obviously wasn't very focused on God. On Easter, I went to a Greek Orthodox service with my dad and sister. One tradition the Church has is to bring a candle stick, and during the service, the whole church congregation lights their candle stick one by one in a chain (originating from the Paschal Candle at the altar) until the entire church is lit up. It's a beautiful service. The priest mentioned in his sermon that it's important to keep the candle lit for as long as you can, so I took this very literally and tried to keep mine lit all night. When I got home, I put my candle into a terra cotta pot on my desk and went to sleep (I still can't figure out today why I thought that was a good idea, but I have a lot of moments like that so..). I woke up in the middle of the night to my desk completely up in flames. Instead of doing the smart thing and running outside, I ran to the kitchen and grabbed cereal bowls and filled them up with water. With those, I put out the fire (after about 2 trips to the sink). My mom ran downstairs and freaked out, opened all the windows to get the smoke out, and was yelling at me the whole time. I was pretty annoyed at her for not being more concerned about me (even though she was, but I just wanted more pity) and went back to sleep. The next day, as she was helping me clean my room, she pointed out the area above my desk where my icon of Saint Marina, my patron saint, hung. My entire room was covered in grey/black smoke, but my icon was untouched. This is a wooden icon, mind you... it was sealed in the front a little bit but the back was completely unsealed, but it was hanging there directly above my desk where the fire was as if nothing had happened. After she pointed that out to me, I remembered that I hadn't felt any heat from the flames, either. And if I hadn't put out the fire, the house would've gone up in flames from the basement up-- the rest of my family lives on the second floor. I consider it a miracle from God that He had me put them out without being harmed at all. It was pretty awesome.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Patrick1980

Apr 8, 2013
✟7,737.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was pretty awesome.

What an amazing story!

We all have stories like that. It sometimes makes me wonder why so many people don't see the hand of God in any of them. To me, and many other believers, it is all so obvious.

I guess once you've seen it, it is impossible to see the world in a different way, no matter how hard you try! Seeing truly is believing! Seeing meaning Seeing the world with your God-goggles on, that is!

Upvote 0

Patrick1980

Apr 8, 2013
✟7,737.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is another miracle from my own experience.

I was 24 and was a year out of college where I had gotten my bachelor's degree. This was quite the accomplishment because I was never seen as a smart one in my family, I was concidered average at best. I was really happy that I got this far and the teaching job it had gotten me when in August I started thinking about getting my master's degree. Would it be possible at all to do so...?

I went to the university to get some information and they told me that I had to sign up that day or wait another year. So I went to my school (I'm a teacher, remember?) to see about my schedule as lectures were held on Wednesdays at univerity. My teaching schedule was perfect; wednesday afternoons off even though I had a full time job! At that instant I knew what to do; even though it had always seemed impossible to me.

I took it as a sign from God and put my trust in him, so I signed up. Getting my master's degree took three years and a lot of dedication but I managed to get it without failing a single class. Knowing that God was with me, telling me that I could do it gave me the strength to keep going.

Upvote 0

AdamH

May 19, 2013
✟7,627.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The area around both my collar bones used to itch like crazy. They would irritate me so much that I would draw blood. Every day I would scratch and this went on for around 18 months. I tried all sorts of creams and soothing gels to try and stop the itching but nothing would work.

One day, for no particular reason, I thought I would wear a wooden cross necklace that I had bought off ebay a while ago. It had just been lying around my bedroom for a few months so I thought I'd wear it, there was no real thought behind it, I just wanted to wear it.

Within a day or so of wearing it my skin had completely heeled, all the scars had healed and the itching sensation had completely disappeared. 18 months of constant irritation had vanished within just a few hours.

This happened around 5 months ago and I've been wearing my cross ever since! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Patrick1980

Apr 8, 2013
✟7,737.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Within a day or so of wearing it my skin had completely heeled, all the scars had healed and the itching sensation had completely disappeared. 18 months of constant irritation had vanished within just a few hours.

This happened around 5 months ago and I've been wearing my cross ever since! :)

The power of the cross! Beautiful and very practical example of a miracle.

Upvote 0
J

JohnnyBlack

I dislocated my neck in a rugby match in 1997. At the time I was 15. For the first 4 weeks in hospital I was completed paralyzed from the neck down. The doctors who performed my surgery told my parents at the time that I would never walk again and that I should prepare myself for a life in a wheelchair.

I thank God that He had other ideas for me.

I have posted my short testimony in the following post. I usually read it when I get an opportunity to share.

Be blessed and know that God is real and that He has a purpose for your life!

Upvote 0
J

JohnnyBlack

[FONT=&quot]Brett Marshall – My story[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am lying flat on my back and I cannot move. The back of my head is pounding. I know that if I can only shift my head a tiny bit to one side that I should be able to relieve some of the pressure. I can’t. An uncomfortable burning sensation lingers in my arms and legs while pins and needles from my neck down to my toes just won’t go away.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My mind is racing with questions: “How long have I been lying on this wooden stretcher?”; “Is this really happening?”; “Don’t things like this happen to the ‘other’ guy?”; “Why me?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And then it hits me: I am scared. What if this is really serious and I can’t recover? I am fifteen years old. I’ve only been together with my first girlfriend for a month. Last weekend I had my first kiss. I can’t spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair; I have to recover. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A few days later I am lying alone in a dimly lit hospital room. It is early in the morning. I am struggling to breathe because I have a chest infection from lying on my back and my chest muscles are extremely weak. I spend my last bit of energy trying to muster up a cough to temporarily clear my throat. I look down at my lame body and begin to cry. All the wishing in the world cannot force my arms to clean up the mess I’ve managed to cough up. I somehow manage to signal the nurse on duty to help me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Two weeks on and I’m exhausted. The medical equipment is now a familiar hum to my ears. I have no fight left in me. I weakly whisper into the darkness: “God, if I’m going to be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life it’s ok. Just use me.” I feel what I can only describe as a cool mist, descend upon me. God embraces me. I cry quiet tears of joy as if a long lost friend has returned to comfort me. For the first time since my accident I have peace.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The doctors who performed my two operations said I would never walk again. They were wrong. They told my parents that they were sending me to Cape Town to complete my rehabilitation; that I would learn to accept my new life in a wheelchair. They were wrong again. I would have to learn to accept my new life, not in a wheelchair, but on crutches (something that took me ten years to do). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Why do bad things happen to good people? Why did a fifteen year old boy in his prime have to dislocate his neck in a freak rugby accident? For many years after my accident I didn’t know why, but I do now. This story that you are listening to is the reason why. It is a story of hope. Something terrible happened to me that I would never wish on any person. But the close walk with God and perspective on life it has given me is something that I would wish for everyone. It is not the bad things that happen to us that count. What counts is what we do with those things and how we choose to live our lives.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Today I am 31 years old. I have lived more than half my life with a disability. I am proud of the fact that I am completely unique (no one in the world walks the way that I do). This may surprise you (and please don’t be offended) but I think most people are rather boring; all walking in perfect sync; one step in front of the other with military precision.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At least when I walk into a room people can’t help but notice me. With my crutches clicking, legs hopping, and feet sliding - talk about making a grand entrance! I used to care what people thought about me. Not anymore. Contrary to what people might believe, I attach very little value to the opinion they have of me. I must admit that I wasn’t always this way. But that is the beautiful thing about acceptance. Once you accept yourself for who you are, what other people think or say about you doesn’t matter anymore. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So if you think I walk funny that’s ok because I am married to the most beautiful woman in the world who also just happens to be my best friend and who accepts me unconditionally. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am the Marketing Manager at the Association for Persons with Physical Disabilities. I am responsible for marketing APD’s printing services and clothing line – Ability Clothing. I am incredibly proud to work for an organisation that plays such a big role in uplifting and empowering people with disabilities. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I own a house and drive my own vehicle. I do the dishes and roll up my own socks.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I live my life one day at a time safe in the knowledge that God is found in every moment. I hope that my life can in some small way inspire people to believe that anything is possible if we’ll only have the courage to stand firm in our convictions and to dream big dreams. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Upvote 0

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Patrick1980 said:
Have you ever experienced something that is just 'too good to be true'?

I have several times and I just know that these occurences are proof of God's interference in my life. I will give you an example:

I was raised in a Christian family and went to church every Sunday unill I was fourteen years old. That's when puberty took over and I kind of lost my faith in anything.
At twenty-two I was doing some shopping when I was suddenly overwhelmed with an incredible feeling of happiness, so much that I was literally stopped in my tracks. After it had passed I continued on my way slightly stunned and recovering from what had just happened. Then, I was approached by a man who asked me if he could ask me a question.
He asked me if I knew who Jesus was and whether I believed in God. I replied saying that I had been raised with God and lost interest but that God would let me know when should 'pick it all up again. The man said "What if he just did?"
We finished our conversation and not until later that night I realised what had happened. God had sent me a clear sign saying enough with all the nonsense, time to come back to your Father. After realising that, I could not go back to my own ways and I have been a follower of Christ ever since.

This is nothing short of a miracle to me. I can't explain this eruption of happiness I felt and the timing of the evengalist was 'too good to be true'. Besides he did not know what I had felt just a minute earlier and still asked me the question "What if he just did?"

I am curious about your miracles, please share.

Many many...be back later with a few

Upvote 0