My Father is the Gardener
Nov 21, 2009
A stranger & a pilgrim sojourning near Cambridge
✟20,581.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Prayer- Pls Lord feed us with such, that we may feed others in your Name & Only to Your Praise

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:thumbsup:

1John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

John 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

1John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
2 Thessalonians 5:23,24

And the very God of peace sanctify you
wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit
and soul and body be preseverved blame-
less according unto the coming of our Lord
Jesus Christ.

Faithful is he that calleth you, who also
will do it.

Reactions: Ariellamb
Upvote 0

Ariellamb

Nov 21, 2009
✟20,581.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2 Cor 12 v 5 Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 107:25 For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.

Mark 4:39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

Psalm 89:9 Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them.

Mark 4:40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

Mark 4:41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Proverbs 3:11,12
exhortation to obedience

My son, despise not the chastening of the
Lord;
neither be weary of his correction:
for whom the Lord loveth he correcteth;
even as a father the son in whom he de-
lighteth.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 18:35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another.

John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.:groupray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ariellamb

Nov 21, 2009
✟20,581.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ex 15
1 Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the LORD :

3 The LORD is a warrior;
the LORD is his name.

4 Pharaoh's chariots and his army
he has hurled into the sea.
The best of Pharaoh's officers
are drowned in the Red Sea.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 18:35 ......... thy gentleness hath made me great.

Oh How gentle He has been with me when i least deserved it

:thumbsup:

Prov 3:12 For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Psalm 73:25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

Prov 13:12 Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:clap:

Jerm 9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another random Bible verse:

"For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring back the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, . . . ." Joel 3:1 (ASV)

Wow! Good one, did you ever notice captivity is also used in relation to this?

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Ephes 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Upvote 0

Ariellamb

Nov 21, 2009
✟20,581.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jerm 9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

thumbsup.gif

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The captivity is also spoken in relation to the patience and the faith of the saints.

Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Upvote 0

DesertJoe

Apr 30, 2010
✟8,986.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hosea 6:6
For I desire mercy, not sacrifice,
and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

Jesus quoted the 1st half of this verse twice in the Gospel of Matthew.The 1st time in chapter 9:

But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’a For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

The 2nd time in chapter 12:

7If you had known what these words mean, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice,’b you would not have condemned the innocent."

Since Jesus told the pharisees to go learn what this means,I looked up this verse in Hosea decades ago when I was a young Christian. Jesus teaches 2 things in the complete verse "For I desire mercy & not sacrifice" means that He wants our heart.All of our heart.All the time.David said it well in Psalm 51:

16You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise.

The 2nd part says "and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings".He wants our lives to show the God we know.What good is it if we were to give all we had to God,& then walk away.He wants others to see Him in us.The greatest offering that we can give God is to live Jesus in front of a lost & dying world.This is not a place to get to,so much as a work in progress.Believe it or not,if you are far away from God today,you can turn back to Him.He died on a cross for the right to live His life in & through us.Let us do as Jesus commanded,& one day at a time "go learn what this means" :)

Upvote 0

DesertJoe

Apr 30, 2010
✟8,986.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
From Hosea 14:3

"for in you the fatherless find compassion.”

The whole verse is very moving if you understand the historical context of it,but these words are timeless.I heard a Pastor named Alistair Begg,who grew up a Scottish Presbyterian & today pastors a church in the U.S. He was preaching a fathers day sermon.He referred to this verse.For those who read this who are suffering the ravages of a broken or non existent parental relationship,Let God make this real for you today :)

Upvote 0