West Warwick
✟8,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Divorced
As I journey through his site I am struck by the inference that in some circumstances God either has lost control or some enemy has gained some sort of edge in thwarting God's purpose. As a member of the human race...I get why thoughts would lean this way. It describes the "ways "of the human intellect. Our initial reaction to any time of trouble is to find "blame" and attack it. The blame can be a person, demon, sin reaction, the choices are endless. The one thing we never seem to come up with is, "I wonder why God has allowed this into my path?". One reason we do not consider this may be the "Good and bad team mindset" that is inferred within the teachings of many religions. The human intellect holds that God is of course head of the good team and in most cases the devil is the head of the bad team. Once an action or behavior receives a "bad" label from an organization of human intellects it is automatically consider opposing to God and His purpose. In the Book of Job, chapter 2, verse 10, the scriptures ask us, "Shall we accept good from God and not trouble?" [NIV]. Does everyone believe that God was distracted and failed to notice the fall of Adam and Eve ? That the incident occurred apart from God's purpose? The spiritual mindset operates with the understanding, the belief, that God's purpose prevails unthwarted. Thus I offer that when any troubling circumstances or situations come upon you practice the first reaction of submitting before the Holy Spirt and asking, "Father, I accept the present moment as it is. What is Your purpose? Please open my spiritual eyes.". May it bring you peace!

step_by_step

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2018
United States
✟90,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes! I've always been confused by the mindset of "good things come from God and bad things mean He's turned His back on me." It totally isn't true! God gives and takes away but it's all for His glory and for His plan. His ways are higher and we simply cannot understand. We just have to submit and wait. Also, a lot of trials come from simply being in a world that we don't belong in. He told us that we would have troubles here, but to take heart for He has overcome the world. He never said it would be easy but He promised He would be there whole time.

Through the good AND the bad, we have to learn to say that it is well with us. Because He is in control of all of it. Nothing escapes God and nothing surprises Him. I think we often forget that.

• Agree
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
God allows it. If he does it to us then we are to learn from it and it is supposed to make us stronger. I do believe God is in control of all things. As Charles Stanley says it maybe easier to think that all things are from God even those things that he allows. That way it makes it easier to handle trials. I do notice that God will keep sending back the same trial if I don't handle it right, lol. I am learning that the hard way!

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes! I've always been confused by the mindset of "good things come from God and bad things mean He's turned His back on me." It totally isn't true! God gives and takes away but it's all for His glory and for His plan. His ways are higher and we simply cannot understand. We just have to submit and wait. Also, a lot of trials come from simply being in a world that we don't belong in. He told us that we would have troubles here, but to take heart for He has overcome the world. He never said it would be easy but He promised He would be there whole time.

Through the good AND the bad, we have to learn to say that it is well with us. Because He is in control of all of it. Nothing escapes God and nothing surprises Him. I think we often forget that.
VERY WELL SAID:)

Upvote 0

jimspirit

Aug 9, 2018
West Warwick
✟8,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Divorced

Thanks for sharing your insight. It refreshed my spirit.

Upvote 0

jimspirit

Aug 9, 2018
West Warwick
✟8,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Divorced
God allows it. If he does it to us then we are to learn from it and it is supposed to make us stronger. I do believe God is in control of all things. As Charles Stanley says it maybe easier to think that all things are from God even those things that he allows. That way it makes it easier to handle trials. I do notice that God will keep sending back the same trial if I don't handle it right, lol. I am learning that the hard way!

Thank you for your view. I read it and a smile bloomed in my heart [inner being]

Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
As I journey through his site I am struck by the inference that in some circumstances God either has lost control or some enemy has gained some sort of edge in thwarting God's purpose. As a member of the human race...I get why thoughts would lean this way. It describes the "ways "of the human intellect. Our initial reaction to any time of trouble is to find "blame" and attack it. The blame can be a person, demon, sin reaction, the choices are endless. The one thing we never seem to come up with is, "I wonder why God has allowed this into my path?". One reason we do not consider this may be the "Good and bad team mindset" that is inferred within the teachings of many religions. The human intellect holds that God is of course head of the good team and in most cases the devil is the head of the bad team. Once an action or behavior receives a "bad" label from an organization of human intellects it is automatically consider opposing to God and His purpose. In the Book of Job, chapter 2, verse 10, the scriptures ask us, "Shall we accept good from God and not trouble?" [NIV]. Does everyone believe that God was distracted and failed to notice the fall of Adam and Eve ? That the incident occurred apart from God's purpose? The spiritual mindset operates with the understanding, the belief, that God's purpose prevails unthwarted. Thus I offer that when any troubling circumstances or situations come upon you practice the first reaction of submitting before the Holy Spirt and asking, "Father, I accept the present moment as it is. What is Your purpose? Please open my spiritual eyes.". May it bring you peace!
The faith of God never ever asks why

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
How true, the faith of God never asks why...one who sincerely seeks Christ-likeness Asks, Seeks, Knocks ! Peace
First of all we are not fully redeemed yet so to ask questions is perfectly normal in our present state. Secondly, God knows the beginning from the end, we don't...

Upvote 0

jimspirit

Aug 9, 2018
West Warwick
✟8,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Divorced
Your latest response seems to infer that I am arguing with you. I am not. Your original response of, "The faith of God never asks why.", could be viewed by many as "Do not question". I have experienced many [too many] Pastors who stagnate their assemblies by teaching a "Do not question" policy. I simply shared my view that there is no such policy in the "Way". I apologize if you felt attacked. Peace be with you.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

262241_97344f3feba7d2020816cbb9e9ef87d8.jpeg

This Thread

From Christian Advice
To "My Two Cents Worth"
This is a More Fitting Forum
for this subject

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums