Not open for further replies.

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Every generation has its own favorite cartoons that it was raised up on. Learning great morals and brilliant ideas.
Someone will say, what cartoons have to do with religions, spirituals and beliefs?
There is a big unseen relation between them all.
You can see that every generation has its own character and if you look at the kind of cartoons they are watching , you will see the great proof of being raised by cartoons not only by schools and parenthood.
Our Children have been receiving secret messages to their brains without us noticing it.
If you study the phases of the cartoon industry, you will find that every generation is raised on what cartoons teach from morals to beliefs.
Don't be surprised if you noticed that your kid is turning into worshipping the devil, trees, witchs...etc away from Holy Books.
It is true that some cartoons are not decent cartoons for their ugly and undecent stories but there are many great cartoons we used to watch 30 years ago that I found their results on our characters today in my generation and the generation before.
Look at the cartoons we used to watch long time ago:
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...3%D8%B1%D8%AA%D9%88%D9%86&um=1&hl=en&safe=off
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...%D9%88%D9%86&ndsp=20&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...3%D8%B1%D8%AA%D9%88%D9%86&um=1&hl=en&safe=off

At that time you can see that the generation has time to sit and watch because the cartoons are series that every episode is connected to the one before and the one after.
They taught us how to work together, how to help people, how to be patient, how to use wit to solve problems instead of violence...etc. And they are another copy of our real life but not a fantasy for the reason that children believe in what they see.
But what cartoons are teaching children today is violence, working alone, having supernatural powers, thinking of the unknown, being seperated from their society and their real life....etc.
Someone else has been teaching our kids without our permission. Someone else has tricks to raise a generation without an identity. Their must be always an enemy to beat and the winners are the strongers and because kids are so weak they want them to believe in super powers they will never get and forget about the natural powers they have ( intelligence and love).
It is good to have a super hero but if that hero has qualities that I don't have then that hero is useless.
Waiting for your comments Soon.

Minty

S.O.P.H.I.E
Aug 6, 2007
South East London, England
✟19,598.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
I love cartoons, even now, but I prefer the older ones. My all time favourite is Scooby Doo (as you can tell from my avatar ;)). Just watching it the other day it advocated using your brain and ingenuity to solve crimes, and although there was mild violence it was comic in content and no-one ever got hurt (no blood and gore).

I am not well versed in today's cartoons, I have seen stuff like Dora the Explorer (she annoys me, to be honest, but she also teaches kids another language, so she's not all bad ^_^).

Do you have any particular cartoons that you find bad, dnihila (I just wondered)?

I agree that the standard of kids shows has gotten worse lately, which is a shame seeing as children watch more tv now then they used to (or at least that is how it seems).

Upvote 0

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Our Children have been receiving secret messages to their brains without us noticing it.
If you study the phases of the cartoon industry, you will find that every generation is raised on what cartoons teach from morals to beliefs.
Don't be surprised if you noticed that your kid is turning into worshipping the devil, trees, witchs...etc away from Holy Books

Dnihila,

I've raised three boys and a girl and my own view on this is that while you should as a parent be aware of what your small children see in may be cartoons that what you describe could be paranoia (groundless fears)...

I don't think the messages of cartoons are all that secret and turning children into devil worshippers.

As your children grow you can read stories to them that inspire their souls and help them aspire to live with high moral principles.

If you as a parent are a good example to the children in the home and show them you can control say anger and also that you are worshipping God and reading the scriptures..giving them a good example that is worth more than a few cartoons.

So as a parent if you don't care what your kids watch on TV..

Don't read them elevating moral stories

and don't set a giood example in the home

then they will probbaly be influenced by the elements you fear most.

- Art:wave:

Upvote 0

Minty

S.O.P.H.I.E
Aug 6, 2007
✟19,598.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
Don't be surprised if you noticed that your kid is turning into worshipping the devil, trees, witchs...etc away from Holy Books

Dnihila,

I've raised three boys and a girl and my own view on this is that while you should as a parent be aware of what your small children see in may be cartoons that what you describe could be paranoia (groundless fears)...

I don't think the messages of cartoons are all that secret and turning children into devil worshippers.

As your children grow you can read stories to them that inspire their souls and help them aspire to live with high moral principles.

If you as a parent are a good example to the children in the home and show them you can control say anger and also that you are worshipping God and reading the scriptures..giving them a good example that is worth more than a few cartoons.

Good point, a parents job doesn't end when kids turn on the tv. All parents have ultimate responsibility over what their children watch :) (though how anyone can watch some of the shows out there is beyond me, they are rubbish ^_^).

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
I love cartoons, even now, but I prefer the older ones. My all time favourite is Scooby Doo (as you can tell from my avatar ;)). Just watching it the other day it advocated using your brain and ingenuity to solve crimes, and although there was mild violence it was comic in content and no-one ever got hurt (no blood and gore).

I am not well versed in today's cartoons, I have seen stuff like Dora the Explorer (she annoys me, to be honest, but she also teaches kids another language, so she's not all bad ^_^).

Do you have any particular cartoons that you find bad, dnihila (I just wondered)?

I agree that the standard of kids shows has gotten worse lately, which is a shame seeing as children watch more tv now then they used to (or at least that is how it seems).

What a colorful post Minty Angel!!!
I used to see my brothers watch Scooby Doo and I watched the movie. It is kind of nice cartoon from the honest cartoon makers who wanted the children to learn but not to be destroyed.
Here are some of the cartoons I can't stand at all and the problem is in knowing the titles of the brain washing cartoons but I will work on this in The Almighty's will.

And other cartoons that encourages stupedity, harming others ...etc.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you really want to see a cartoon make the world shake, try publishing one depicting an image of Mohammed.
i was thinking the same thing...
but that is kinda off topic, we are talking about how cartoons effect children.
dnihila are you familiar with the Brothers Grimm collection of folk tales (i hope i don't sound like I am talking down to you, i just don't know if they are common knowledge over in Arabia) they are stories for little kids and are very old and very violent

Upvote 0

Luzeiro

Aug 14, 2008
Earth-side of heaven...
✟15,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Every generation has its own favorite cartoons that it was raised up on. Learning great morals and brilliant ideas.
Someone will say, what cartoons have to do with religions, spirituals and beliefs?
There is a big unseen relation between them all.
You can see that every generation has its own character and if you look at the kind of cartoons they are watching , you will see the great proof of being raised by cartoons not only by schools and parenthood.
Don't be surprised if you noticed that your kid is turning into worshipping the devil, trees, witchs...etc away from Holy Books.
It is true that some cartoons are not decent cartoons for their ugly and undecent stories but there are many great cartoons we used to watch 30 years ago that I found their results on our characters today in my generation and the generation before.
Look at the cartoons we used to watch long time ago:

At that time you can see that the generation has time to sit and watch because the cartoons are series that every episode is connected to the one before and the one after.
They taught us how to work together, how to help people, how to be patient, how to use wit to solve problems instead of violence...etc. And they are another copy of our real life but not a fantasy for the reason that children believe in what they see.
But what cartoons are teaching children today is violence, working alone, having supernatural powers, thinking of the unknown, being seperated from their society and their real life....etc.
Someone else has been teaching our kids without our permission. Someone else has tricks to raise a generation without an identity. Their must be always an enemy to beat and the winners are the strongers and because kids are so weak they want them to believe in super powers they will never get and forget about the natural powers they have ( intelligence and love).
It is good to have a super hero but if that hero has qualities that I don't have then that hero is useless.
Waiting for your comments Soon.
Only wackos support subliminal messaging.

Upvote 0

Minty

S.O.P.H.I.E
Aug 6, 2007
✟19,598.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
I used to see my brothers watch Scooby Doo and I watched the movie. It is kind of nice cartoon from the honest cartoon makers who wanted the children to learn but not to be destroyed.
Here are some of the cartoons I can't stand at all and the problem is in knowing the titles of the brain washing cartoons but I will work on this in The Almighty's will.

I know that the middle one is Ren and Stimpy and the one on the right is Bevis and Butthead (both of them are not very good, imho). Have no idea of the first one, though :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Those cartoons are not for kids.

Cartoon =/ automatic kid demographic unless you are uncultured.

If you want kids shows from the 90s, then be honest and talk about kids shows such as these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT_oY6dox3k&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVdTbiLku48&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg-Qs-M6WyI

All of which were excellent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
The question is why adults have to watch cartoons if they are not kids?
And why to make things that might attract kids to watch by making the story into a cartoon while they can use the new technology the 3D cartoons???!!!!
It is like selling chocolate which is filled with drugs.
It is all about presenting cheap ideas that affect both kids and adults.
Every kid who goes to school has enough time to read whether it is a book in the curriculum or one of his/her choice from the school library but when they come back home they are not ready to read more books ,they just want something else to do which demands no efforts, just to sit, watch and save everything they watch.
There is a certain time for watching cartoons but do you know that the messages they might recieve will only take seconds and will take you forever to erase them.
Kids watch TV in the afternoon which means not more than 2 hours. At that time do you gaurantee what your kids are watching or you will say it's the kids show and for sure your kids -the treasure -won't be attacked by thieves wearing masks but what you don't know is that they are attacked by things they love the most and you trust the most.
Old traditional folk tales are replaced by silly stories and morals presented in stories are replaced by ( feed the stomach strategy) but not the brain.
when your kids return back from school,what do you have for them?
snacks, dinner, TV, vedio games,...etc
Using your kids like a container, to recieve but not able to send.
You turned the kids brains into a bowl to put whatever you want in but you didn't use their talents and wit to be senders instead of recievers.
Yeah I know that there are school projects to make but the children are not able to creat something of their own they just imitate and what they imitate is what they watched, read about or heard of which means that what they recieve is what they are able to send.
The kids turned into dummies attached into unseen strings that a cunning brain is dominating.
Where were those cartoons you say that they are for adults at the times of great cartoons?
Weren't there adults at that time?
Or it is our grandparents the ones who knew what's best for us and we don't?
Where are you taking yourselves and your kids into?
The worst thing to do to a kid is to teach him/her about things that don't exist like aliens , monsters, super heros that can fly because they will spend their lives thinking of it and waiting for these things to show up and you will grow fear in their hearts of the unknown that will never come. You can help them in using their imagination by creating things they want but not recieving things we want.
What's their guilt to swallow the dirt of someone's cunning brain?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Those cartoons are not for kids.

Cartoon =/ automatic kid demographic unless you are uncultured.

If you want kids shows from the 90s, then be honest and talk about kids shows such as these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT_oY6dox3k&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVdTbiLku48&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg-Qs-M6WyI

All of which were excellent.

Are those cartoons to watch????
No, never.
These are courses of fear you are taking to grow fear in your heart of the unknown and leaving the One and the Only whom you must fear at all times. The thing is that the Creator didn't force us to worship Him by fear but by love and He is the Most Powerful but also the Most Merciful.
He can turn the Earth inside out but He knows for sure that there is an enemy who mislead people and He want them all to go back to their senses and wake up into the reality of worshipping the One and the Only
The Creator Allah/God/YHWH.

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Scapegoating is a constant of the generations. Every generation thinks the next generation is worse, and seeks something to blame.

eudaimonia,

Mark

It is about remembering the past without deep thinking , thinking of the future without guarantees and after all forgetting about the present we all live in which is a combination of the past and the future which is our present !!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The question is why adults have to watch cartoons if they are not kids?

Because there is nothing stating cartoons are exclusively meant for kids.

And why to make things that might attract kids to watch by making the story into a cartoon while they can use the new technology the 3D cartoons???!!!!

They do both for artistic reasons

It is like selling chocolate which is filled with drugs.
It is all about presenting cheap ideas that affect both kids and adults.

Umm no, its about art and art is subjective.

Every kid who goes to school has enough time to read whether it is a book in the curriculum or one of his/her choice from the school library but when they come back home they are not ready to read more books ,they just want something else to do which demands no efforts, just to sit, watch and save everything they watch.

Ah the naked assertion.

There is a certain time for watching cartoons but do you know that the messages they might recieve will only take seconds and will take you forever to erase them.

Nakes assertion #2

Kids watch TV in the afternoon which means not more than 2 hours. At that time do you gaurantee what your kids are watching or you will say it's the kids show and for sure your kids -the treasure -won't be attacked by thieves wearing masks but what you don't know is that they are attacked by things they love the most and you trust the most.

Thats only true if you are an awful parent.

Old traditional folk tales are replaced by silly stories and morals presented in stories are replaced by ( feed the stomach strategy) but not the brain.

Old traditional stories tend to be much more violent and mindless than anything found in todays television (adult material included).

when your kids return back from school,what do you have for them?
snacks, dinner, TV, vedio games,...etc
Using your kids like a container, to recieve but not able to send.
You turned the kids brains into a bowl to put whatever you want in but you didn't use their talents and wit to be senders instead of recievers.
Yeah I know that there are school projects to make but the children are not able to creat something of their own they just imitate and what they imitate is what they watched, read about or heard of which means that what they recieve is what they are able to send.
The kids turned into dummies attached into unseen strings that a cunning brain is dominating.

Naked assertion #3

Where were those cartoons you say that they are for adults at the times of great cartoons?
Weren't there adults at that time?
Or it is our grandparents the ones who knew what's best for us and we don't?

Akira, Watership Down, The last Unicorn etc etc. Your ignorance is showing.

Where are you taking yourselves and your kids into?
The worst thing to do to a kid is to teach him/her about things that don't exist like aliens , monsters, super heros that can fly because they will spend their lives thinking of it and waiting for these things to show up and you will grow fear in their hearts of the unknown that will never come. You can help them in using their imagination by creating things they want but not recieving things we want.

Naked assertion # 4, and an odd one at that considering the Qur'an and haditha's make all sorts of references to mythological creatures.

What's their guilt to swallow the dirt of someone's cunning brain?

This line doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Are those cartoons to watch????
No, never.
These are courses of fear you are taking to grow fear in your heart of the unknown and leaving the One and the Only whom you must fear at all times. The thing is that the Creator didn't force us to worship Him by fear but by love and He is the Most Powerful but also the Most Merciful.
He can turn the Earth inside out but He knows for sure that there is an enemy who mislead people and He want them all to go back to their senses and wake up into the reality of worshipping the One and the Only
The Creator Allah/God/YHWH.

Ah, so cartoons are bad because it isnt God worship. Thankyou for finally demonstrating your real point.

Want to know what else isnt God worship? Using the internet. Better be off to the mosque quick as you can:doh:

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private

Dnihila,

It is true that the book is the very important tool to teach kids but what we have today is a generation that don't have the patience to sit and hold a book. And what we have are the results generation we are not building now, we are repairing what our absent minds did to our children and what awake cunning minds did,too.
And the solutions should be the same as the problem itself because they won't respond at all.
It is enough for them to take their brains to schools like a Turkey ready to be stuffed. Now this Turkey needs to be emptied from the useless information and replace them with new healthy ones.

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Ah, so cartoons are bad because it isnt God worship. Thankyou for finally demonstrating your real point.

Want to know what else isnt God worship? Using the internet. Better be off to the mosque quick as you can:doh:

Isambard,
I just want you to tell me as an atheist, what made you believe in those fictional cartoons that their characters don't exist at all while you are not able to believe in the Creator that you have never seen.
You spend hours in watching things people made based on pagan beliefs, rooted in worshipping the Creator but turned into myths and you are telling me that you don't believe.
Are you telling me that an athiest is empty headed to waste his time in watching things that don't exist. What I simplify atheism is to believe in what you see, right. And avoiding everything that is attached with the Creator.
Isn't that your faith?
Then why do you believe in unreal things? Is it just because you are watching them, seeing them?
You have two eyes but your heart is blind but that doesn't mean that a blind man doesn't see by his heart.
If your belief require a guarantee with everything then give me a guarantee that those cartoons are not going around the devils, angels ...etc.
Athiests should be rational why to use your imagination if you are rational?
What's your point in presenting fantasy while you don't believe in the unseen?

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
[/color]

Because there is nothing stating cartoons are exclusively meant for kids.

They do both for artistic reasons

Umm no, its about art and art is subjective.
Why do we have to offer them bad dishes if we have good ones. Are they laboratory rats to everyone?

Ah the naked assertion.

Nakes assertion #2

Thats only true if you are an awful parent.

Old traditional stories tend to be much more violent and mindless than anything found in todays television (adult material included).

Naked assertion #3

Akira, Watership Down, The last Unicorn etc etc. Your ignorance is showing.

Naked assertion # 4, and an odd one at that considering the Qur'an and haditha's make all sorts of references to mythological creatures.

This line doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.