Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
newlamb said:
What about a Gay Fellowship thread where topics of interest to the homosexual members could be discussed. I am interested in the morality of homosexuality, but not the day to day nitty gritty.

I.e. is the focus of the homosexuality threads to be philosophical/theological/apologetical for all posters or is it to be a chance for homosexual members to chat?

The purpose of the forum was that the politics and news forums were over run, by homosexual threads. Members complain, Erwin made the new forum so that they would all be in one place, so that members had to go to the sexuality forum to see them, and if you did that, well that really didn't leave you any room to complain about reading about homosexuality, ya know?

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Plan 9 said:
I can still find 21 old ones started by a single member, who is anti-gay. One of them was an extremely exaggerated story about a park in my hometown, which I didn't care for.
I agree Planny, but the whole complexion of the forum has changed from theological discussion to advocacy. Kitty has been conservative about starting threads there now.

Don't know about your park - I often do not read the newsy homosexual threads - but just throw a fish at them! :D

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
newlamb said:
I agree Planny, but the whole complexion of the forum has changed from theological discussion to advocacy. Kitty has been conservative about starting threads there now.

Don't know about your park - I often do not read the newsy homosexual threads - but just throw a fish at them! :D

It was the other way around, but it doesn't matter now.

Yes, more fish, please.

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Inspired said:
The purpose of the forum was that the politics and news forums were over run, by homosexual threads. Members complain, Erwin made the new forum so that they would all be in one place, so that members had to go to the sexuality forum to see them, and if you did that, well that really didn't leave you any room to complain about reading about homosexuality, ya know?

Nevertheless, members continued to complain who didn't participate.

Upvote 0

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Inspired said:
Yeah, I know. There are some subjects in Sexuality and Christianity which I don't bother to read (either temptation or gross out factor).

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of a fellowship area. I know that there are topics of interest and importance to you guys (and girls ^_^ ) which are not of interest to me. There does need to be a place for you to post items like that. Ah, but then you wouldn't post in the other threads and I'd miss your company.:sigh:

Upvote 0

paxvobiscum

Sep 5, 2003
Canada
✟2,280.00
Faith
newlamb said:
Yeah, I know. There are some subjects in Sexuality and Christianity which I don't bother to read (either temptation or gross out factor).

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of a fellowship area. I know that there are topics of interest and importance to you guys (and girls ^_^ ) which are not of interest to me. There does need to be a place for you to post items like that. Ah, but then you wouldn't post in the other threads and I'd miss your company.:sigh:
I do like that idea too. A fellowship area would be great....but you would always be welcome to :p us ;)

Upvote 0

Inspired

only hurts when I breathe
Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
newlamb said:

We have an open fellowship area, Freindship court is open to everyone. I participate in it daily. It's not like homosexuals lead alien lives, we do the same things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
paxvobiscum said:
I do like that idea too. A fellowship area would be great....but you would always be welcome to :p us ;)

How about a chatbox just for that forum? I know its possible, we could suggest it to Erwin.

Upvote 0

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Onwardclimb said:
If you guys do decide to get rid of the past posts, is there a way I can have mine PM-ed to me?????

--Onwardclimb
I don't know the technical effort involved, but maybe the older posts could be added to an ever-expanding archive file which is available to look at but not post to?

Good, thanks for the invite! :cool:

Upvote 0

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lanakila said:
How about a chatbox just for that forum? I know its possible, we could suggest it to Erwin.

Actually not a bad idea, but personally I wouldn't wanted it limited to homosexuals, but just to members 18 and over per the current forum rules.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lanakila said:
Me too inspired. But members would have to help us out and let us know when trolls are in there. That may be a problem. I am just throwing things out.

Hmmm what about some form of junior mods?
Ok let me explain at another forum, we have mods that have no power other than in the chat box, so they can temporarily ban members, and then let a real mod handle the situation. I don't know if the way the mods here are dealt out powers are the same and if that would be feasible though.

Upvote 0

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't think so. The chatbox is set up differently here than that. The fact that trolls will get in there and cause lots of trouble is the main reason for a chatbox to be rejected in there that I can think of.

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Inspired said:
Hmmm what about some form of junior mods?
Ok let me explain at another forum, we have mods that have no power other than in the chat box, so they can temporarily ban members, and then let a real mod handle the situation. I don't know if the way the mods here are dealt out powers are the same and if that would be feasible though.
They're called sub-specialty mods at both boards where I mod. I am one myself at one and have one working under me at another. It sounds a bit nicer than "junior". LOL
It's worked out nicely for us, so far.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.