✟9,505.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
cabbitgrrrl said:
I just noticed how its appearantly a double standard in Christianity, where they emphasize on chastity, yet at the same time they do not support any kind of sexual intercourse that denies procreation. So which is it? Do you want more humans or not? lol
We just want them to be born to loveing Christian MARRIED parents. A lot of Churches are really conflicted about sex and sexuality - we see it as somehow bad in and of itself; even though it is one of the great joys and blessings God made for us. Hence the debate on the perpetual virginity of Mary, some creeds think she would somehow be sullied by haveing a happy, joyful marriage with he husband. We talk of Holy Matrimony, yet seem to want to deny the holyness of one of its central features - go figure.

Chastity before marriage is for our benifit, not God's. Can you imagine the maker of this grand, glorious, messy, silly universe gets squimesh over a couple of people making love? As St. Paul teaches allowing ourselves to become caught up in worldly pleasure to no purpose is a trap for us, it draws us into a secular, wordly, lifestyle and away from God. Notice that almost all of the admonishions against fornication and other sins of the flesh talk about people "giving themselves over.." to their various passions. Like greed, sex can become a form of idolitry - the God we worship in place of Him.

So live in happy chastity until you find your true love, and then marry - and make whoopie until the rafters shake, God wants us to enjoy all of the bounty of the gift of life - in its proper turn and season.

Upvote 0

cabbitgrrrl

Mar 24, 2004
✟8,882.00
Faith
Pagan
Politics
US-Democrat
Rev. Smith said:
So live in happy chastity until you find your true love, and then marry - and make whoopie until the rafters shake, God wants us to enjoy all of the bounty of the gift of life - in its proper turn and season.

too late lol, besides i dont wanna wait 10 years for society to let me and my girlfriend to get married

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
This is probably the big issue facing young people today. Sexual development occurs earlier (13+) and marriage is happening later (25+). That does not negate Christian moral standards, but the changing social factor needs more open discussion and realism.

Paul was practical - "get married." He did not advise years of struggle to remain 'pure'. Middle age was 30 ish and many died before 45. 15+ years of raging hormones was not the issue then as it is now.

Perhaps issues such as masturbation and social nudity need to be revisted within a social setting significantly different from Paul's day.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Johnnz said:
This is probably the big issue facing young people today. Sexual development occurs earlier (13+) and marriage is happening later (25+). That does not negate Christian moral standards, but the changing social factor needs more open discussion and realism.

Indeed.

As we develop more complicated cultures, and have more non-cultural education to get through, people mature emotionally more slowly. Kids in their early 20s (note that I say "kids") may not be mature enough to make an informed decision about marriage.

Upvote 0

Fuzzy

One by Four by Nine
Aug 12, 2004
✟17,214.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nycky said:
only ten years? You obviously do not live in the US.

Nyc
Well, she identifies as living in the US, and Massachusetts currently allows
same-sex marriage for state residents, New Mexico doesn't care one way
or another, New Jersey currently has a 'same-sex couple' registry (but
legislation is pending), New York has legislation pending to prevent it,
and most states just use the Federal DOMA, which prevents federal
recognition of same sex marriage, preventing Social Security or Medicare
benefits. She's still free to enter into a contract/partnership that
establishes certain responsibilities towards each other.

Upvote 0

Vintero

Sep 20, 2004
✟130.00
Faith
Other Religion
I really dont know why people are afraid of sex....its natural and expected and to deny your instince to have sex, is to deny the very essance of what it means to be human...so if you deny sex (and im not talking about denying it because the person is ugly) you are not being human and you should be shot, gutted, and eaten like the rest of the cattle!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums