Sex, drugs and deleted ballots? New Mexico elections official hit with ethics charge

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A county clerk in New Mexico abused the power of her office and broke the law in the run-up to the 2022 elections, a state agency alleged in court this week, claiming that the official deleted and mishandled midterm ballots; sought, obtained and discussed drugs; and even deployed a Taser near a coworker.

The complaint also alleges that Yvonne Otero, a Republican elected as Torrance County clerk in 2020, violated election procedures around certifying election machines, alluded to having sex and doing cocaine during work hours and threatened employees

Several of the allegations address Otero’s handling of the 2022 midterm election.

Otero presigned ballot tabulator certification forms in advance, before the equipment was tested and certified, so she could go on vacation, according to the complaint, and she deleted or ignored a handful of emailed ballots from overseas. Military and overseas voters can cast absentee ballots electronically, in accordance with federal law.

Reactions: iluvatar5150

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A county clerk in New Mexico abused the power of her office and broke the law in the run-up to the 2022 elections, a state agency alleged in court this week, claiming that the official deleted and mishandled midterm ballots; sought, obtained and discussed drugs; and even deployed a Taser near a coworker.

The complaint also alleges that Yvonne Otero, a Republican elected as Torrance County clerk in 2020, violated election procedures around certifying election machines, alluded to having sex and doing cocaine during work hours and threatened employees

Several of the allegations address Otero’s handling of the 2022 midterm election.

Otero presigned ballot tabulator certification forms in advance, before the equipment was tested and certified, so she could go on vacation, according to the complaint, and she deleted or ignored a handful of emailed ballots from overseas. Military and overseas voters can cast absentee ballots electronically, in accordance with federal law.

Shameful. You'd think Democrats would support laws ensuring the integrity of elections....but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that they don't because these "handful of ballots" don't amount to a different election result.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"The complaint also alleges that Yvonne Otero, a Republican elected as Torrance County clerk in 2020, violated election procedures around certifying election machines, alluded to having sex and doing cocaine during work hours and threatened employees"

The part "alluded to" it remined me something happened many years ago where I once worked. Where one day the manager and another asked if I wanted to do cocaine with them. Its something you never would have thought any of them would do. So its easy looking from the outside in and believe even know nothing like that ever happens. Some things are just lies like "I saw Elvis" yeah.. its ok to doubt that one :)

Upvote 0