Severe depression - Need prayers

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
The answer is in Gods timing not ours. There have been many times i have asked for something and wanted it "immediatley". I did recieve it but a a later date. WHen I reflected on it had I gotten it when "I" wanted it, it wold have been wasted or of less affect.
I can understand that, but in my case, the more time that goes by, the less feasible what i'm praying for is ( if it's even feasible now for that matter). I'm not saying it has to be immediately, but it's been 8 years. At this point, if it isn't any closer to happening in that amount of time, how am I supposed to believe it's going to happen at all?

Having fiath means your willing to wait on God, and know it is his timing that is important as he can see the begining form the end. When we begin dictating timing of God we actually can hinder what God wants to do for us. Its like tellig God what to do instead of asking him and being patient and waiting on him.
When you're in extreme pain, waiting for years and years with absolute silence from God just makes it seem like what's the point. Some communication like "I'm working on it", "or give it some more time" would mean a whole lot and make things so much less unbearable.

He Loves you more than you will ever know. Wait on him. He will do what you want, being impatient is a demonstration of a lack of faith. Believe me the answer is on the way.
Well, my faith is probably lacking. You probably would have doubts too if you were asking for something as big as I'm asking for. I don't know if it's possible for me not to have tons of doubts - it just seems so unlikely that he's ever going to answer me, which maybe why he hasn't already. I feel like my chances of God helping are like me holding a winning lottery ticket while being struck by lightning. I want to have strong faith very much, but my problem is basically a faith and hope destroyer.

Upvote 0

rebecca45

Dec 20, 2005
Florida
✟8,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey again jase... have not read all the posts so forgive if I do not answer exactly what you have been talking about. I just read your last couple posts since the first one...

Sometimes I think we ask God wrong that is why we are delayed in our answers.. that is one explanation.

Another one could be that if your praying for a person in general GOD WILL NOT OVERIDE THEIR WILL! I can say that because we have been standing in faith for our daughter to commit her life to God she was raised in a Christian home and is now one yr away from being 30 and still no signs of committing her life to GOD. I have a tendency to grow tired of praying for her lately. But somehow I have to believe God will bring her back to him. So as I said sometimes if another person is what your praying about God will not override a persons own will. He will ... change things in their lives to help them realize they are lost and and eventually most people will cry out to him.

Thirdly I believe God's answers can be NO sometimes. He knows how we will react if something we are praying for he may know that it could end up hurting you worse so he says NO.

Fourthly.. our mouths are one of the biggest problems we face. The Bible even states that our tongue creates a fire with the words we use. I believe that means we speak things we ought not. It also says.. a double minded man shall RECEIVE NOTHING of the LORD. So with our mouths we speak one thing and do another, or we one minute believe and the next we are speaking the opposite of what we prayed.

I am a firm believer in you get what you say. If you speak doubt unblief and fear what ever the case maybe you are going to reap that in your life. On the other hand if you speak life, good things and believe them to come to pass they will. I have seen it happen many times in my life.

Think about it like this... GOD created the world with his words right..he SPOKE the worlds into existence. When Christ came and we accepted him into our hearts we became God like and are trying to form ourselves into his image. We need to speak what we wish to happen.

TO CALL THINGS THAT ARE NOT AS IF THEY WERE SO! Give it a try for a while don't mess up and say something to destroy what you have prayed or spoke. If you do just ask God to forgive you and start again. He knows we are not perfect, that is why we are trying to be GOD LIKE still working on us every minute every day.

Hang in there jase I am sure if you put your heart into what you are trying to believe for eventually something has to change. Even if it is a person, keep hanging in there.... pressing forward and speaking good over them. Surely one day God will reach them we have to believe that. After all he convinced us didn't he? and many many others.

GOD BLESS AND HUGS TO YOU .. I hope this helped somewhat.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Jase.. God IS hearing your prayers.. I continue to stand believing in prayer for you... I have been off line for days my computer was sick in a major way and I had major withdrawls.. LOL.. praise God I am back!!

God isn't seen with the eyes.. but He is felt with the heart.. When you read a scripture.. take it as if God IS speaking directly to you.. and IS going to do what He says to you.. Believe his word as if your life depended on it.. as if it was prescribed medicine!!

Let your faith see Him brother He is right there with you.. This is not something you will ever see with your fleshly eyes or feel with your flesh as such.. God is Spirit.. But when you see with your spirit.. You will never be comfortless again..

It is time to start walking by faith.. not by what you feel and see.. Take the promises of God literally and say them out loud all through the day.. claim them as your own and you will find peace.. comfort.. and You will know with assurance that God is with you..

:groupray:

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I continue to stand in faith for you to come through this..

I read this scripture below... this morning and it spoke to my heart regarding you..

This message was spoken to Daniel in Daniel 10:18... an angel spoke it to Daniel.. The whole chapter is good to read... Daniel had been crying out to the Lord and no answer had come... but the angel said Daniels words were heard the very first time he set his heart to seek the Lord..

The angel reminded Daniel that there was an enemy sent to hinder the angel from bringing the answer..

The message spoke to my heart.. even though your situation is different.. the messsage is still encouraging..

Your answer is on its way.. Don't be afraid at the length of time.. nor the situation around you.. Remember the devil is a theif and is trying to steal that which has been promised to you.. Stand firm be at peace Jase.. and you will receive!!

"Do not be afraid, O man highly esteemed," he said. "Peace! Be strong now; be strong." Daniel 10:18

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I continue to stand in faith for you to come through this..

I read this scripture below... this morning and it spoke to my heart regarding you..

This message was spoken to Daniel in Daniel 10:18... an angel spoke it to Daniel.. The whole chapter is good to read... Daniel had been crying out to the Lord and no answer had come... but the angel said Daniels words were heard the very first time he set his heart to seek the Lord..

The angel reminded Daniel that there was an enemy sent to hinder the angel from bringing the answer..

The message spoke to my heart.. even though your situation is different.. the messsage is still encouraging..

Your answer is on its way.. Don't be afraid at the length of time.. nor the situation around you.. Remember the devil is a theif and is trying to steal that which has been promised to you.. Stand firm be at peace Jase.. and you will receive!!

"Do not be afraid, O man highly esteemed," he said. "Peace! Be strong now; be strong." Daniel 10:18
I'll take a look at Daniel. I still don't understand why answers take so long. I've prayed that nothing hinders me receiving the answer. Maybe it's just that the answer was no, and God isn't going to say anything else on the matter. Like I said, the length of time just bothers me, because the more time that passes, the less likely it is of occuring ( if it's even possible to occur anyway).

Thanks for the encouragement though. It's just such a tough issue, it's so hard to believe anything will change. I don't understand why God gave me this trial, but in my opinion it's one of the worst and most painful trials a human can go through.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I've been trying to contemplate why God is letting me go through this. Still not sure, and while I'm not big into apocolyptic prophecy and have issues with Revelation, I've even started to wonder if I could be 1 of the 144,000.

It's so frustrating not knowing what God wants. Who knows, maybe Calvinism is right, and I'm not one of the chosen elite?

I was also reading Joyce Meyer's book, "How to hear from God", and while i'm not sure how trustworthy she is ( or any televangelist for that matter), she claims to have heard the audible voice of God 4 times. She also claims she knows someone who had Jesus actually sit down next to them and talk with them. She claims both events are rare for anyone though.

Who knows if she is actually telling the truth, but it does get me wondering. Why does God audibly talk to some people, or sit down next to them, and never say a word to others? Being able to sit down and talk with God, and find out why i'm going through so much pain would do absolute wonders. Why won't God talk to me?

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Read through this thread, Jase.
He is talking to you! He speaks to us through scripture and through other people.
He loves you, brother, deeply and eternally. And He will bring you through the valley and on to the mountaintop.

David was a man after God's heart, who was greatly blessed by God. But he felt like you do...

Psalm 38

6 I am bowed down and brought very low;
all day long I go about mourning.

7 My back is filled with searing pain;
there is no health in my body.

8 I am feeble and utterly crushed;
I groan in anguish of heart.

9 All my longings lie open before you, O Lord;
my sighing is not hidden from you.

10 My heart pounds, my strength fails me;
even the light has gone from my eyes.

11 My friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds;
my neighbors stay far away.

12 Those who seek my life set their traps,
those who would harm me talk of my ruin;
all day long they plot deception.

13 I am like a deaf man, who cannot hear,
like a mute, who cannot open his mouth;

14 I have become like a man who does not hear,
whose mouth can offer no reply.

15 I wait for you, O LORD;
you will answer, O Lord my God.

Notice verse 15!
And God did answer him! Two chapters later, he wrote:

Psalm 40:
1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.

And He will do the samme for you - that is a promise!

Praying for you brother. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I continue to pray Jase.. One way God has shown me He talks is through the Word.. Get His Word into you.. even if you are finding it hard to believe.. Just meditate on it.. find scriptures in the Word of God that promise what you need.. and then take them like medicine every day.. I read it out loud to myself.. because then I am hearing it with my ears as well as reading it with my eyes..

As many times a day as possible.. you see faith.. that is the ability to understand and trust an unseen God and to know Him.. comes by hearing.. and hearing by the Word..

If you are not in the Word how can You see or hear in the Spirit.. God is Spirit.. the Word promises that it is a light to our path and a lamp to our feet..

Trust me.. that by getting that Word inside your spirit and speaking it out daily.. Your spirit will start to hear God.. either through the Word going in.. or in some other way..

But YOU WILL know it is God.. because often his message turns up more then once..

God really wants to speak to you.. much more then you want to hear from Him.. Trust Him by getting into His word.. and He will speak and give you his help in ways that will encourage you..

Upvote 0

Jehanne

Jun 30, 2007
South Carolina USA
✟15,194.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
((((Jase))))

My dear friend, God hasn't abandoned you!!! He loves you dearly, you are a beloved child of His and he would never turn His back on you!!!

I too know what loneliness and depression are like--they're hard to deal with, aren't they? But honestly, you CAN be happy again, you CAN make friends.

You have us for starters!! :) Of course we're not real life friends who could give you real-life hugs and company--but we are real nevertheless and our prayers and cyberhugs are from the heart!

Dear one, keep praying, read your Bible or other works that comfort you, try talking to someone (other than your parents) everyday--making friends is a skill you can learn! Have you thought of getting involved in sports (if you enjoy that), or some kind of club about subjects that interest you? There you would meet people with similar interests to yours and who knows? You could well end up making more friends than you know what to do with!!

Or you could take a volunteer job--say, at a local church or charity. Believe me, they would be thrilled to have the extra help, you would be around kind people, and I bet you would start making friends in no time!

Meanwhile--of course I will be praying for you!

God bless you!! :)

And while I know that we lonely people often get more depressed around the holidays, try to remember the joy and hope of the Christmas season. Do go to a church during this holy time--sing Christmas carols (even if you can't sing--like me, lol!)--read about the beautiful Christmas story in the Bible, watch the excited children at the mall waiting to sit on Santa's lap! They always make me smile!!

I pray that you will know the joy and peace of this blessed season and always!!

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
I continue to pray Jase.. One way God has shown me He talks is through the Word.. Get His Word into you.. even if you are finding it hard to believe.. Just meditate on it.. find scriptures in the Word of God that promise what you need.. and then take them like medicine every day.. I read it out loud to myself.. because then I am hearing it with my ears as well as reading it with my eyes..

As many times a day as possible.. you see faith.. that is the ability to understand and trust an unseen God and to know Him.. comes by hearing.. and hearing by the Word..

If you are not in the Word how can You see or hear in the Spirit.. God is Spirit.. the Word promises that it is a light to our path and a lamp to our feet..

Trust me.. that by getting that Word inside your spirit and speaking it out daily.. Your spirit will start to hear God.. either through the Word going in.. or in some other way..

But YOU WILL know it is God.. because often his message turns up more then once..

God really wants to speak to you.. much more then you want to hear from Him.. Trust Him by getting into His word.. and He will speak and give you his help in ways that will encourage you..
I have an NIV study Bible. I just started reading John, is that a good place to start? Where should I move to after John, does it matter?

I spent some quiet time today in bed, closing my eyes trying to hear God. I just have such a tough time determining whether it's God or my own thoughts - my thoughts race all day because I deal with so many issues that I think about constantly.

The two most important verses for me that I always contemplate and wonder if they are true, are "Ask and ye shall receive" and "With God, anything is possible" - obviously because I need both of them to be true. During my thought process, trying to hear God, I thought of the God can do anything verse - but is that God telling me that, or me wanting it to be true? The mind is extremely powerful - if it's something we want to hear, it's the first thing that we will think about. In other words, I want to believe that what I'm asking God for is possible, despite everyone telling me it isn't. But is me thinking about it just wishful thinking, since I want it to be true? I've talked to a few people on this board about what i'm dealing with in specifics, and they pretty much agreed it isn't something God will fix or help with - and they have much stronger faith than I do.

Another issue i'm having is, I want to be closer to God - feel his peace and comfort - but I'm worried that God will ignore me because I'm not being genuine enough. While I want to focus on God, my problems invade every part of my life, every day - rarely without a break. So while part of me really wants to know God, the hurting part can only think of "how can I get God to help me with this". So I feel guilty that I'm trying so hard for the wrong reasons.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I'm just not very good at this stuff - sometimes I don't think I'm cut out to be a believer. I wish faith and talking with God weren't so difficult. It's so hard to be confident in your faith when you have a permanent dark cloud over your head.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
:hug:
The psalms are a good part to read... because the writers are honest about the way they feel. And you will relate to a lot of it! And yet, they always come back to praise.

I don't know your situation... but I know God's plans are good. Not always the same as our own plans, but:
Jeremiah 29:11
" I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

God will never ignore you! He loves you enormously, and whatever the reason you come to Him, He will always welcome you.
Try to start by praising Him, rather than asking about your problems.
But He is there, waiting to bless you and to guide you into all he has for you!

Praying for you very much, Jase. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Lord,

This brother is so precious to me, and I know your love for him is more than any love one could ever imagine, and I pray God for peace for Jase through all these prayers here ,that deep inside he will sense that peace that sometimes is there for me, and I know many times comes from others praying and comes in other ways too, but I know we sense prayers in our spirit when others pray for us many times, and so I pray that he know that deep sense of peace.

Lord, this brother has such strong faith and I know he doesn't even think that, but has been such an example to me of his faith, and I pray you would open his eyes to see that such is so, as I believe would strengthen him to know that about himself.

In Jesus name I pray,
amen

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
:hug:
The psalms are a good part to read... because the writers are honest about the way they feel. And you will relate to a lot of it! And yet, they always come back to praise.
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I'll take a look at some Psalms after I finish John. I may relate to the Psalmists, but I've always felt more like Job. Not necessarily the same afflictions, but just as horrible and painful. Maybe God made a deal with Satan over me?

I don't know your situation... but I know God's plans are good. Not always the same as our own plans, but:
Jeremiah 29:11
" I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Why doesn't God reveal his plans to us? I'm certainly not prosperous - i'm already a failure at 24. I don't have a future to look forward to because of my situation, and the dim light of hope I have left that God will eventually help me out fades more every day.

God will never ignore you! He loves you enormously, and whatever the reason you come to Him, He will always welcome you.
Try to start by praising Him, rather than asking about your problems.
Well, even if he doesn't ignore me, he won't talk to me. I feel like maybe God is disappointed with me, or mad at me for being a lousy believer. The Bible says not everyone who calls on God will be accepted. He will say he never knew us. Maybe i'm in that situation? And praise is tough for me. I guess partly because i'm upset with God, and partly because I can't think of anything else but my problem most of the time. It's the first thing I think about when i wake up, the last thing when i go to bed.

But He is there, waiting to bless you and to guide you into all he has for you!
Why does God wait so long to bless us? All I seem to get are curses, not blessings. And what can he bless me with that can make up for what he's taking away?

Praying for you very much, Jase. :hug:
Thanks. I do appreciate the prayers. I hope you guys have better luck with prayer than I do. Hopefully i'm not bothering you guys too much with my "downness".

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Dear Lord,

This brother is so precious to me, and I know your love for him is more than any love one could ever imagine, and I pray God for peace for Jase through all these prayers here ,that deep inside he will sense that peace that sometimes is there for me, and I know many times comes from others praying and comes in other ways too, but I know we sense prayers in our spirit when others pray for us many times, and so I pray that he know that deep sense of peace.

Lord, this brother has such strong faith and I know he doesn't even think that, but has been such an example to me of his faith, and I pray you would open his eyes to see that such is so, as I believe would strengthen him to know that about himself.

In Jesus name I pray,
amen
I appreciate your vote of confidence in my faith Tapero, but the Bible says faith can move mountains. I can't even move a pile of dirt. My faith seems pretty powerless.

Upvote 0