Cairo
✟12,267.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
4 months ago I posted this thread ''Is watching videos of women giving birth naturally considered a sin ?
I'm not sure why I watch these videos may to fill up the void in my life but since I watch them like everyday I feel like this has become an addiction or has dominated my life I'm afraid that God may abandon me because of this as whenever I pray to stop watching these videos I fail and watch them again. I'm really in need of advice''
the new problem is that it's developing in danger way as yesterday there was a fight in the street where I live in and somebody got hurt and he was bleeding but I was interested in watching this scene and I was like having pleasure watching such an awful scene. I don't want to turn out as a sadistic or feel happy watching people suffer.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟325,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That's super easy addiction to break ( actually it just sounds like a bad habit), don't go to those sites, done deal. Just stop, do it ( stop going there), don't say you can't do it.

We live in the spirit don't we ? So do spiritual things and glorify God. Read scripture, help out at a church, pray, meditate. Thank God always and send Him the glory. You're watching videos of stupid stuff to satisfy your flesh in some way, not feed your spirit. Start living in the spirit. start feeding your spirit, the flesh is already dead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Asphose

About my Father's buisness
Site Supporter
Nov 7, 2019
Zion
✟48,185.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
4 months ago I posted this thread ''Is watching videos of women giving birth naturally considered a sin ?
I'm not sure why I watch these videos may to fill up the void in my life but since I watch them like everyday I feel like this has become an addiction or has dominated my life I'm afraid that God may abandon me because of this as whenever I pray to stop watching these videos I fail and watch them again. I'm really in need of advice''
the new problem is that it's developing in danger way as yesterday there was a fight in the street where I live in and somebody got hurt and he was bleeding but I was interested in watching this scene and I was like having pleasure watching such an awful scene. I don't want to turn out as a sadistic or feel happy watching people suffer.

I'm sure you've tried stopping it but you eventually ended up falling into it again. I know it's not easy but know this. With God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26).

Before I explain, let me assure you that God won't leave you. He said that he'll never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). No matter what you do, he's always there so have faith in him.

You see, the issue isn't with the fact that you're watching those videos but rather what led you to those videos. Why do you always keep going back? It's your mind, there are things you watch and listen which all contribute to why you watch those videos. Most likely as a result of watching those pregnancy videos, you liked what you saw in the fight. So look for those triggers and deal with them.

But before that first recognise God in your life, he'll help you through this. Don't try to do it alone. Scriptures tell us that he'll guide us through life but you first need to be conscious of him. How much control you give him in your life will depend on if you're born again, if you've received the holy spirit into your life and how much you know about the word of God.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Study his word, fellowship with him and you won't be thinking such thoughts anymore.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,852.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I guess the issue to look at here is the habit is becoming compulsive. Jesus will not be angry with you watching the videos. Paul said in the bible “All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be dominated by anything.

If you feel you are beginning to be dominated by this habit, spend time praying that God free you from the habit. Jesus said "Pray that you enter not into temptation for the Spirit is willing and the flesh weak." Jesus is encouraging increased prayer, time in prayer, that by doing it God's Spirit will strengthen us to do what is right, we will not fall into sin as often.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Leet

Feb 24, 2015
✟77,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Any ideas about what happened in your childhood to have caused this? Cos that is surely where it began. I'm fascinated by this problem of yours which sounds weird to say but it's very curious. No judgement, I hope you can dig to the bottom of this and be okay within yourself and with God.

Upvote 0