• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

(serious discussion) Thoughts of suicide....I need help please!!!

Crystalp8

Jun 26, 2017
✟25,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
"Feelings aren't facts."
c:
I hope this encourages you.
Exactly!!! Feelings come & go,but facts are facts. And the fact is that Satan has time & again tried to beat me down. And now I know he is a liar!!

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen! This is what I desire to do instead of drowning my sorrow in drugs or anything else. I have that choice,but I choose to lean on god.

Good! Amen! Don't let the Enemy distract you, or lie to you. Jesus is awesome. And loving. Seek your home in His Sacred Heart. Let Him heal, build, repair, and direct you.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Amen! Oh it hurts so bad!! But I will praise him in this storm. Please pray for me. I'm just getting back to God & sometimes I feel like my prayers are too weak to reach heaven. I know they do. I guess it just feels that way
You're actually doing fantastic, to be honest. It hurts, but you are keeping your intellectual and executive faculties very clear and intact. And you are not letting the feelings stymie your faith. "We walk by faith, not by sight", the Bible tells us.

Keep on keeping on. With God, this can be a huge turning point for the better for you. May I suggest reading the book of Philippians, which I call the Christian psychology manual. Ch 3 is about letting go of the past in exchange for the much better God has for you, and Ch 4 is about rejoicing in God in everything as a protection for your emotions. I also recommend the book, Prison to Praise, by Corothers. It's a short but powerful read, and transformational.

Feelings come and feelings go,
But feelings are deceiving.
I'll put my trust in the Word of God,
None else is worth believing.​

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there

This website has tons of very useful information. There are shelters that offer not just housing, but support groups in person as well as on the phone.

Your issues are common to DV survivors and you are not alone at all in this.

Try calling or chatting online, and finding resources in your community so that you have support and grow in your insight and understanding of what you have been through:

The National Domestic Violence Hotline | 24/7 Confidential Support

Upvote 0

Crystalp8

Jun 26, 2017
✟25,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi there

This website has tons of very useful information. There are shelters that offer not just housing, but support groups in person as well as on the phone.

Your issues are common to DV survivors and you are not alone at all in this.

Try calling or chatting online, and finding resources in your community so that you have support and grow in your insight and understanding of what you have been through:

The National Domestic Violence Hotline | 24/7 Confidential Support
Thanks so much!!

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Many of the women at the DV shelter I was at had so many of the same issues: going to court, filing a TRO, dealing with the stress of it as well as having to tend to their children.

At the courthouse, I was assigned an advocate and the shelter provided me legal counseling too.

Being around other women with the same issues was a godsend, my friend.

We cry, we hug, we share, we help with tips, ideas, and resources.

Many women have been through very rough times too, and the feeling of wanting to give up is very common.

I'm so glad you have come here and are being supported and prayed for.

Upvote 0

Crystalp8

Jun 26, 2017
✟25,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Many of the women at the DV shelter I was at had so many of the same issues: going to court, filing a TRO, dealing with the stress of it as well as having to tend to their children.

At the courthouse, I was assigned an advocate and the shelter provided me legal counseling too.

Being around other women with the same issues was a godsend, my friend.

We cry, we hug, we share, we help with tips, ideas, and resources.

Many women have been through very rough times too, and the feeling of wanting to give up is very common.

I'm so glad you have come here and are being supported and prayed for.
Yes thank the Lord mine are grown & doing good! God bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums