Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Read about Hosea and his wife. I love the story. It shows God's grace and mercy.
Yes. I think many underestimate the grace and mercy of God, and therefore frustrate the grace of God in their own lives and the lives of others when the criticise and condemn those who don't adhere to their standards of holiness.

Upvote 0

ColoRaydo

Feb 9, 2017
Colorado
✟33,572.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
It seems that those who are single and never married, and those who are happily married, have easy and simple answers to the issue of divorce and remarriage

This ^^^

Perfect example of how some Christians point to the sins of others because it’s not an issue for them .... yet. Therefore they feel better about their works.

The easiest sin in the world for me to avoid now is premarital sex ... because I’m married. I could go on an on criticizing those fornicators in their 20s and 30s because I’m not there anymore. That’s no measure of my holiness or self control.

Upvote 0

Salvadore

Feb 2, 2020
Nashville
✟40,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
The NT PROVIDES for divorce. It may be a reiteration of OT verses BUT it is NOT citing it as obsolete. It is making it an ALLOWANCE for NT Christians.

God hates sin. Does that mean that He will not tolerate or make allowances for it? There is a multitude of verses in the Bible that show God understands the wretched, deceitful, wretched, hopeless evil heart of humanity. He makes allowances for it and BOY I am thankful He does. He still hates it but His love for us is greater.

God hates divorce but His love for us is greater.

Incidentally, I have never been divorced and am going to celebrate, well recognize, our 43rd anniversary in about 3 weeks.

Congratulations! I love to hear stories about people who have been married for many years. I wish all marriages would last. Keep doing whatever you are doing!

Upvote 0