Visit site
✟1,356,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For those of us who live in the USA, or in the world, as a whole, are we aware of the spiritual and moral decline across our nation, or across the globe? Have we noticed the chaos, the rebellion, and the utter moral decay and depravity that is now being accepted as normal in our society, and perhaps, even within the church? Does this concern us? And, if it does concern us, what are we doing about it? What should we do about it?

Our Passions

What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. Jas. 4:1-3 ESV

I want us to look here at this word translated as “passions” in these verses. The Greek word “hēdonḗ is the root of the English terms, ‘hedonism,’ ‘hedonistic,’” which is really “sensual pleasure; satisfaction of physical appetite, with a strong negative connotation, generally referring to pleasure that is made an end in itself. That is, the satiation of bodily desires (lusts) at the expense of other things.” (biblehub.com).

This, I believe, is where we are as a nation, as the world, perhaps, and as the church, at least here in the USA, by a vast majority, though this does not include every individual, for many followers of Jesus Christ are truly walking in holiness and purity, but they appear now to be in the minority.

I believe our world, and our nation, and the vast majority of the church, in my nation, anyway, are consumed (overly saturated) with sensual pleasure, with lust, with entertainment, and with gratifying the flesh. We live in a “Me, Me” culture where it is all about our needs, which are often our wants (desires). inappropriate contentography addiction is catastrophic, but not just out in the world, but it has reached epidemic proportions even within the church. Homosexuality, adultery, fornication, sexting, extra-marital affairs, and the like, are common place even within the church, and among its leaders.

The “need” to be entertained incessantly is also very widespread, especially since the introduction of television, movies, the internet, social media, the media, video games, laptop computers, IPads (tablets), and smart phones, and the like. And, this attitude has now also permeated the church.

Church services are often now not more than massive stage productions designed for the entertainment of the masses. Pastors have turned into clowns and entertainers (actors) to keep the people laughing and having fun and coming back for more.

Worship services are now more often than not about the really cool (and loud) band (worship team) and the really hip (trendy) pastor, who has to show how much he connects with the world by his obvious worldly displays from the stage. Singers on stage sometimes may be more like bar singers with sensual voices and with swaying hips, because sex sells, even in church. And, pastors regularly use video clips for their sermon illustrations, even if the clips come from sensually-charged and seductive movies.

And, then, to top it all off, the gospel has been diluted so that it will sell to the world. Thus, it has been altered to make it more appealing and acceptable to human flesh. So, they stripped away the cross of Christ, in our lives, from the message, so as not to offend anyone. And, they teach that all you have to do is say you believe in Jesus Christ’s existence, or in what he did for us in dying on a cross for our sins, and then accept his forgiveness for our sins, as though that is automatic to anyone who just acknowledges his existence or even what he did. And, then the believers are congratulated that they are now part of God’s family and heaven is guaranteed them.

They do not, though, teach death to sin and living to righteousness. They don’t teach the necessity of repentance or obedience to Christ, although scripture certainly does. And, they teach that God is pleased with us no matter what we do, and that his grace allows us to keep on sinning (practicing sin).

Friendship with World

You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Jas. 4:4 ESV

God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – sees this situation as adultery against him, but not just as adultery, but as strongly opposed to him and to his Word, as though the vast majority of the church has now become his enemy. Is this what you see, too? This is what we should be seeing.

The Lord gave me an interesting illustration of this this morning that was a picture of him, and of his messengers, his representatives. We are on the pathway of holiness, preaching and teaching the truth of the gospel. But, his voice (and our voices) are being drowned out (smothered) by all this worldliness and sensuality, adultery, sexual perversion and incessant thirst for entertainment. His voice, his truth is being smothered nearly to the point of death, i.e. this is a quenching of his Holy Spirit which is going on within the church, and the church is not doing much of anything about it, either (See 1 Corinthians 5). They are choking out the Spirit’s voice, and most of them don’t seem to care, either.

He Yearns Jealously

Or do you suppose it is to no purpose that the Scripture says, “He yearns jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell in us”? But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you. Jas. 4:5-10 ESV

The Holy Spirit needs to move in our midst, but his voice is being choked out so that he is not able to influence, persuade and lead the world on this path of holiness, because of all the other influences that are weighing down on his voice so that it cannot be heard. His voice is in danger of being snuffed out altogether, and this is because God’s people, for the most part, are consumed with the world, with entertainment, and with sensual pleasure, i.e. with gratifying the sinful cravings of our flesh.

God is yearning jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell within us, which is Christ in us, the hope of glory. Jesus paid the price for our sins with his blood so that we could be delivered out of slavery to our sinful passions (lusts), not so we could continue in them without conscience. He is grieving over this situation where his voice, the voice of His Spirit, and of his messengers, is being choked and smothered to the point of near death, while the vast majority of this nation, and the church in this nation, are involved in pagan revelry, as in the days of Noah.

And, the problem is that his people, for the most part, are not doing anything about it (1 Corinthians 5). But, this is not about getting involved in political movements or sending letters to our congressmen, either. He wants to raise up a mighty army from among his people who will speak out, and who will raise a war cry, and who will expose what is going on in the church, and among the church leaders, too.

Do you realize that probably as many as 50% to 75% of pastors are involved in inappropriate contentography, and many of them have also gone to prostitutes, homosexual relations, extra-marital affairs, and the like, because they, too, are among the lust addicted? Is it any wonder, then, that the church is not speaking out on these issues, and that they have diluted the gospel message in order to ease their own consciences, or what is left of them? And, that probably as many as 90% of all males are regularly viewing inappropriate content? And, inappropriate content is leading many to acting out what they see on the screen in real life?

And, do you realize how many lives are being destroyed by this, including spouses, children, families, and the church, too? It is astounding how many people’s lives have been utterly devastated by this lust for sensual pleasure that is now epidemic in America, at least, and in the church. And, what are we doing about it? What can we do about it?

We are living in very troubled times here, and our Lord’s return is near. We need to unite as one voice and speak out on these issues and call for people to repent of their sins and to return to their Lord, because the days are evil. So, would you please pray about what I have shared here, and ask the Lord what he wants you to do and how you can make a difference? Time is running out.

When the Roll is Called up Yonder
James M. Black

When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more,
And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair;
When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,
And the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.

On that bright and cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,
And the glory of His resurrection share;
When His chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,

Let us labor for the Master from the dawn till setting sun,
Let us talk of all His wondrous love and care;
Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,

When the roll is called up yonder,
When the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.

Friday, January 26, 2018, 7:11 a.m. – Thank you, Jesus, for this teaching from your word. May we take it to heart.

And, to my readers, I want to tell you that the Lord called me to write a book addressing these issues I have talked about in this writing. This is what he has given me to do about it, to raise a war cry, to make people aware. I hope you will read it: I Married My Dad

• Useful
Reactions: Matthew B

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For those of us who live in the USA, or in the world, as a whole, are we aware of the spiritual and moral decline across our nation, or across the globe? Have we noticed the chaos, the rebellion, and the utter moral decay and depravity that is now being accepted as normal in our society, and perhaps, even within the church? Does this concern us? And, if it does concern us, what are we doing about it? What should we do about it?

Our Passions

What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. Jas. 4:1-3 ESV

I want us to look here at this word translated as “passions” in these verses. The Greek word “hēdonḗ is the root of the English terms, ‘hedonism,’ ‘hedonistic,’” which is really “sensual pleasure; satisfaction of physical appetite, with a strong negative connotation, generally referring to pleasure that is made an end in itself. That is, the satiation of bodily desires (lusts) at the expense of other things.” (biblehub.com).

This, I believe, is where we are as a nation, as the world, perhaps, and as the church, at least here in the USA, by a vast majority, though this does not include every individual, for many followers of Jesus Christ are truly walking in holiness and purity, but they appear now to be in the minority.

I believe our world, and our nation, and the vast majority of the church, in my nation, anyway, are consumed (overly saturated) with sensual pleasure, with lust, with entertainment, and with gratifying the flesh. We live in a “Me, Me” culture where it is all about our needs, which are often our wants (desires). inappropriate contentography addiction is catastrophic, but not just out in the world, but it has reached epidemic proportions even within the church. Homosexuality, adultery, fornication, sexting, extra-marital affairs, and the like, are common place even within the church, and among its leaders.

The “need” to be entertained incessantly is also very widespread, especially since the introduction of television, movies, the internet, social media, the media, video games, laptop computers, IPads (tablets), and smart phones, and the like. And, this attitude has now also permeated the church.

Church services are often now not more than massive stage productions designed for the entertainment of the masses. Pastors have turned into clowns and entertainers (actors) to keep the people laughing and having fun and coming back for more.

Worship services are now more often than not about the really cool (and loud) band (worship team) and the really hip (trendy) pastor, who has to show how much he connects with the world by his obvious worldly displays from the stage. Singers on stage sometimes may be more like bar singers with sensual voices and with swaying hips, because sex sells, even in church. And, pastors regularly use video clips for their sermon illustrations, even if the clips come from sensually-charged and seductive movies.

And, then, to top it all off, the gospel has been diluted so that it will sell to the world. Thus, it has been altered to make it more appealing and acceptable to human flesh. So, they stripped away the cross of Christ, in our lives, from the message, so as not to offend anyone. And, they teach that all you have to do is say you believe in Jesus Christ’s existence, or in what he did for us in dying on a cross for our sins, and then accept his forgiveness for our sins, as though that is automatic to anyone who just acknowledges his existence or even what he did. And, then the believers are congratulated that they are now part of God’s family and heaven is guaranteed them.

They do not, though, teach death to sin and living to righteousness. They don’t teach the necessity of repentance or obedience to Christ, although scripture certainly does. And, they teach that God is pleased with us no matter what we do, and that his grace allows us to keep on sinning (practicing sin).

Friendship with World

You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Jas. 4:4 ESV

God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – sees this situation as adultery against him, but not just as adultery, but as strongly opposed to him and to his Word, as though the vast majority of the church has now become his enemy. Is this what you see, too? This is what we should be seeing.

The Lord gave me an interesting illustration of this this morning that was a picture of him, and of his messengers, his representatives. We are on the pathway of holiness, preaching and teaching the truth of the gospel. But, his voice (and our voices) are being drowned out (smothered) by all this worldliness and sensuality, adultery, sexual perversion and incessant thirst for entertainment. His voice, his truth is being smothered nearly to the point of death, i.e. this is a quenching of his Holy Spirit which is going on within the church, and the church is not doing much of anything about it, either (See 1 Corinthians 5). They are choking out the Spirit’s voice, and most of them don’t seem to care, either.

He Yearns Jealously

Or do you suppose it is to no purpose that the Scripture says, “He yearns jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell in us”? But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you. Jas. 4:5-10 ESV

The Holy Spirit needs to move in our midst, but his voice is being choked out so that he is not able to influence, persuade and lead the world on this path of holiness, because of all the other influences that are weighing down on his voice so that it cannot be heard. His voice is in danger of being snuffed out altogether, and this is because God’s people, for the most part, are consumed with the world, with entertainment, and with sensual pleasure, i.e. with gratifying the sinful cravings of our flesh.

God is yearning jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell within us, which is Christ in us, the hope of glory. Jesus paid the price for our sins with his blood so that we could be delivered out of slavery to our sinful passions (lusts), not so we could continue in them without conscience. He is grieving over this situation where his voice, the voice of His Spirit, and of his messengers, is being choked and smothered to the point of near death, while the vast majority of this nation, and the church in this nation, are involved in pagan revelry, as in the days of Noah.

And, the problem is that his people, for the most part, are not doing anything about it (1 Corinthians 5). But, this is not about getting involved in political movements or sending letters to our congressmen, either. He wants to raise up a mighty army from among his people who will speak out, and who will raise a war cry, and who will expose what is going on in the church, and among the church leaders, too.

Do you realize that probably as many as 50% to 75% of pastors are involved in inappropriate contentography, and many of them have also gone to prostitutes, homosexual relations, extra-marital affairs, and the like, because they, too, are among the lust addicted? Is it any wonder, then, that the church is not speaking out on these issues, and that they have diluted the gospel message in order to ease their own consciences, or what is left of them? And, that probably as many as 90% of all males are regularly viewing inappropriate content? And, inappropriate content is leading many to acting out what they see on the screen in real life?

And, do you realize how many lives are being destroyed by this, including spouses, children, families, and the church, too? It is astounding how many people’s lives have been utterly devastated by this lust for sensual pleasure that is now epidemic in America, at least, and in the church. And, what are we doing about it? What can we do about it?

We are living in very troubled times here, and our Lord’s return is near. We need to unite as one voice and speak out on these issues and call for people to repent of their sins and to return to their Lord, because the days are evil. So, would you please pray about what I have shared here, and ask the Lord what he wants you to do and how you can make a difference? Time is running out.

When the Roll is Called up Yonder
James M. Black

When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more,
And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair;
When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,

On that bright and cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,
And the glory of His resurrection share;
When His chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,

Let us labor for the Master from the dawn till setting sun,
Let us talk of all His wondrous love and care;
Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,

When the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.

Friday, January 26, 2018, 7:11 a.m. – Thank you, Jesus, for this teaching from your word. May we take it to heart.

And, to my readers, I want to tell you that the Lord called me to write a book addressing these issues I have talked about in this writing. This is what he has given me to do about it, to raise a war cry, to make people aware. I hope you will read it: I Married My Dad
There is, sadly, a ton of truth that you have shared here. So I want to ask you a question.

Why? Why has this happened in the church? Sure, the world is going to hell in a hand basket, and it should not surprise us. But the fact that God’s church is visionless and passionless, beset by sins big and small, two feet firmly planted in the world, lulled into a lukewarm stupor by a grace that promises much but sets no one free, this ought to awaken the deep need for an answer within us..... WHY?

Has Christ not promised us that He will keep us from falling? Has He not clearly said that no matter how intense the temptation, He will insure that we do not fall into its trap? Have we not been equipped with armor with which to fight..... and win? Or as God asked Himself....

“Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then is the health of my daughter healed only slightly, saying ‘peace, peace’ when there is no peace?”

We all understand being saved by grace thru faith. We hear it preached in on form it another every Sunday. But there is another half of the gospel, one we for the most part know nothing of..... yet.... where that same grace promises to teach us the HOW of holiness.

What good does it do to tell a man he should not look at inappropriate content or be worldly if we do not give him the proper weapons with which to fight? What do we expect to happen to a new believer if all we do is tell them the goal is to be holy and pure but yet we fail to instruct them as to HOW to do it? Or heck.... that it is even possible!

Is it any wonder that eventually, after years of trying.... and failing.... that we as the church have eventually settled in for our mantra of “Christians aren’t perfect, just forgiven.”?

God is just now beginning to awaken His own to the second half of the gospel, where HE is the potter, we are the clay, and HE does the transformation in us, glory to God! In Ezekiel 36, where God is detailing out the coming new covenant, He promises that He will..... are we ready??..... He will CAUSE US to walk in obedience. Whoa. Now that is good news worthy of rejoicing, especially for sincere but defeated believers mired in a Romans 7 existence.

We are about to discover how to tap into that amazing promise, and walk out of Romans 7 into Romans 8 and as we do, and the church begins again, after 1900 years, to walk ON the highway of holiness, rather than run laps toward it, the world will look on and exclaim “ Look! That which bore only briars and thorns has become again like the garden of Eden!” I for one cannot wait.

EZekiel 36, of all chapters in the Bible is the one that talks to US, right here, right now. What else does it say? God says that we have blasphemed His holy name wherever we have gone. Ouch. Laodecia is us. But He also promises to do something about it in the final hours. What will He do? He is going to awaken His sleeping saints to who we are and who we aren’t. But He tells us as well that He will do this despite us and what we deserve. We have been a stiff necked generation. Can we deny it? He is going to awaken us to preserve the integrity of His holy name... period.

How I love how God finishes His words to us here, where He promises to prove to the world He is real. How will He accomplish this miracle? Here is what God says:

“...and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord when I shall be sanctified IN YOU before their eyes.”

Can you imagine a gospel where once you get saved, that the Spirit inside us changes us to become Christ-like? That, brother, is the full gospel, nothing less.

My dear brother, thank you so much for your post. What you see is true. We are a mess, a religious Tower of Babel with everyone sure their take on things is the correct one. The world sees our shallowness and hypocrisy, but we for the most part are blind to the fact that we do not possess what we profess. We, like Esau, have traded our birthright for a mess of pottage. But praise God, a change is coming, and it is going to blow our minds. I would love to talk with you further on this if you are interested. May God bless and lead you.

Gideon

P.S. Forgive me, dear sister in the Lord. I just looked at your bio page and saw I have been mis-addressing you. I hope you will forgive my oversight.

Gids

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you are guessing at the percentages you have given. Vastly too high i would say.

I wasn't guessing. I used the term "probably" because I don't know for certain. I have read lots of statistics from various resources over the years, so I don't believe the numbers I suggested are high at all, for they are what I have been hearing for quite some time now. Here is one source: inappropriate content Stats | Covenant Eyes | The Leaders in Accountability Software

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you are guessing at the percentages you have given. Vastly too high i would say.

Here is another: How Many Pastors Are Addicted to inappropriate content? The Stats are Surprising

Barna Study: Shocking Number of Pastors Struggle With inappropriate content

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Here is another: New Survey of inappropriate content Use: Men and Women Watching in Startling Numbers

inappropriate content Statistics » How Many People Watch inappropriate content? » US + International Stats

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I wasn't guessing. I used the term "probably" because I don't know for certain. I have read lots of statistics from various resources over the years, so I don't believe the numbers I suggested are high at all, for they are what I have been hearing for quite some time now. Here is one source: inappropriate content Stats | Covenant Eyes | The Leaders in Accountability Software

Probably is still guessing.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Probably is still guessing.
My point was not that it was not a guess, but that I was not the one guessing. I was not making these figures up. I was getting them from multiple sources where they had done studies on this. But, I can't be sure their figures are accurate, which is why I said probably. The point is, I don't know for certain, but I wasn't making it up out of my own head. But, if I had to take a guess, I would guess that these figures are really close. I know this has reached epidemic proportions, at least here in the USA. And, that really is the point. This is a much bigger issue than a lot of people would like to admit, and it is doing an enormous amount of damage to people's lives, and the church is not doing much about it, at all, but much of the church is just ignoring it, probably (and this is a guess) because so many pastors are involved in inappropriate content themselves.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
My point was not that it was not a guess, but that I was not the one guessing. I was not making these figures up. I was getting them from multiple sources where they had done studies on this. But, I can't be sure their figures are accurate, which is why I said probably. The point is, I don't know for certain, but I wasn't making it up out of my own head. But, if I had to take a guess, I would guess that these figures are really close. I know this has reached epidemic proportions, at least here in the USA. And, that really is the point. This is a much bigger issue than a lot of people would like to admit, and it is doing an enormous amount of damage to people's lives, and the church is not doing much about it, at all, but much of the church is just ignoring it, probably (and this is a guess) because so many pastors are involved in inappropriate content themselves.

Guesswork when it comes to numbers as nobody knows for sure. Plus, we all know that the non religious world love to make out that the church is full of evil people.

Just ignore it all. Let Gods will be done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guesswork when it comes to numbers as nobody knows for sure. Plus, we all know that the non religious world love to make out that the church is full of evil people.

Just ignore it all. Let Gods will be done.

Ignoring the reality of the seriousness of this issue and the epidemic proportions of it within the church is where the problem lies, and which was the purpose of this writing (See 1 Corinthians 5). The people who compiled these numbers were largely organizations who deal with the people who are in these situations, so for a lot of them, it is not random guesswork, though they don't know exact numbers, you are correct. Yet, I know that this is much bigger than any of us could possibly imagine, and if the world loves to make out that the church is full of evil people, let them, for you know, they are right. And, we need to stop ignoring the elephant in the room, for it is huge, and we need to speak out and talk about this problem and help people to find the way out from underneath these addictions, and to get free, and that really is the heart of the issue. For many,many people's lives, marriages and families are being destroyed by this.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What can one do? Nothing in reality. To point the finger you must have solid evidence.
Oh, the evidence is astounding. We are not lacking in evidence. We are lacking, as a church, in concern over the situation. And, there is plenty that the church can do. We, as individuals, can begin by living pure and holy lives committed to Jesus Christ and by sharing the truth of the gospel of our salvation with people, and by exposing the lies of Satan and telling people the truth. That is a good start.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, the evidence is astounding. We are not lacking in evidence. We are lacking, as a church, in concern over the situation. And, there is plenty that the church can do. We, as individuals, can begin by living pure and holy lives committed to Jesus Christ and by sharing the truth of the gospel of our salvation with people, and by exposing the lies of Satan and telling people the truth. That is a good start.
Sue, your heart is in the right place, but for a believer who despite his or her best efforts still finds themselves mired in the trap of Romans 7, what advice do you offer to free them? Try harder? Just stop doing drugs, or looking at inappropriate content? Do you not see the reason we have arrived in this watered down Laodecian lukewarm mess we have been taught is the best God can do is because no one has known .... or taught us....how to get to the FREE INDEED we have been clearly promised?

We as His children have been pardoned, forgiven of all our past transgressions, and that is wonderful. But does it not seem strange to us that we still find ourselves chained to sin because we have no clue how to get rid of it?

The Answer is found in Romans 6. It shows us the secret, lost to us for the most part for 1900 years, how to escape Romans 7 and to enter the land of promise.... Romans 8. The question is, are we desperate enough to follow the clear instructions God has given us? When we do, we will discover the Answer we so desperately need. Until then, we may have escaped the flesh pots of Egypt, but we will continue to run laps in Sinai, convinced that THIS TIME things will be different and that we now really mean business in dealing with the sins that so easily set us. Unfortunately, until we agree with God that we are dead and our life is hid with Him, rather than trying to die.... and failing.... again.... nothing will change.

What we need is not just repentance and trying harder. We need the revelation that flesh cannot cast down flesh. We cannot grow from old man to new man. We must, by a radical act of desperate faith, reckon our old man as DEAD, for that is the shield of faith that can stare temptation down and walk as overcomers.

Blessings,

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced

One has to be careful of who one points ones finger at!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One has to be careful of who one points ones finger at!
So it is an act of love to let the church continue to rot from the inside out because we trust that God’s will will prevail anyway? Really? We can just relax, enjoy the ride and not sweat it because in our own lives we have need of nothing?

Do you realize that if Jesus or any of the early church fathers felt as you do, we would be lost forever? What type of Christianity tells us to relax when the wolf is at the door? We think if some shows concern, that they are judging. Blindness and hard heartedness has infected us and left us in a deep religious stupor.

Make no mistake, the world sees the shame of our nakedness, that we do not possess what we profess, but we have, for the most part, become like the emporer proudly displaying his invisible new suit of clothes, proud of what we instead should be profoundly embarrassed and ashamed. We have become the blind leading the blind. May God awaken us and empower us to be able to live as He has called us to live, as sojourner resisting the enemy rather than trying to pass off our gross passivity as faith, deceiving our own selves.

Gideon

Upvote 0