Self-defense? SDA views

O

OntheDL

I've stared into the eyes of the devil and faced death many times in my life. I can't say I'm now prepare for death. But I know when it's time, and by God's grace, I'll be ready, I'll have the confidence to say the words Paul said ...I have kept the faith, finished the race, I know henceforth there is a crown of righteousness layed up for me... to die is gain...

We all should have that confidence.

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

OntheDL said:
I've stared into the eyes of the devil and faced death many times in my life. I can't say I'm now prepare for death. But I know when it's time, and by God's grace, I'll be ready, I'll have the confidence to say the words Paul said ...I have kept the faith, finished the race, I know henceforth there is a crown of righteousness layed up for me... to die is gain...

We all should have that confidence.

I think when I'm old I'll agree that I've finished the race (or at least feel that way), but right now I certainly don't feel like I have.

I've always felt like a person really does "know" when it's their time. When I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, huh uh, no way, I wasn't going out like that and I never felt like it was going to kill me. Although, I did rush to a lawyer and have a will drawn up for my 2-year-old son (who is now twelve :) ) when I found out.

Being persecuted for God is so much different than staring down the barrel of a madman's gun though.

I really couldn't say what I would do in that situation, I always just pray that God makes it go quickly.

And in all honesty, I'm really not afraid to die. What I've always feared is being paralyzed or in agony for days or weeks senselessly.

Upvote 0

Dasdream

Noone's perfect, so why are we judging each other
Jul 18, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟12,646.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Exodus 22: 2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed;

Luke 11:21"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe."

Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Oh right ok let me beat the cra[p out of every person that steps into my house! Let me cut the thoat because someone slapped me in the face! I noticed you only posted the verse that agreed with your way of thinking.

In Jesus' own words-

Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Matthew 5;44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Mat. 5; 39- But I say unto you, That ye resist evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

These are the words of Jesus. the only perfect man to give perfect advice :thumbsup: I always try to live by the example of Jesus. if somoen tried to break into his home, do you think he would grab a 2x4 and start swinging? No he'd invite the person in for a cup of tea and talk to him and try to get him to change hsi ways.

heh, "stick around, you may learn something"

by the way the topic was asking for the SDA view, where I am assuming you meant it as a question-answer type deal not a adebate, so I showed you the SDA view and now this thread is done.

Upvote 0