✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Self Restraint against Volcanic Rupture

When I was a kid I saw the anger that took hold of most in my immediate family. My mother not so much, but she was afflicted with other mental issues at that time. I didn’t understand the explosive anger they would suddenly let out over such small, uncontrollable things. With my younger siblings though, it was usually an amusement for me because they’d do such comical things.

One, and only time, was when my youngest sibling was so angry at me for something I don’t even recall, kicked me on my knee. I didn’t feel a thing and in truth I thought she missed, but she crumpled to the floor, wailing. It wasn’t until she came back from the doctor that I learned she wasn’t faking her pain. She actually broke her pinky toe from that supposed kick-attack.

With a certain someone it always scared me. I remember the eyes, the look they shot me with was truly piercing. I’ve never been able to handle such volcanic anger from people even as an adult. Usually I’d go hide in my room like the child I was, or secretly get out of the house for a while until I knew it was safe to return.

Nothing bad really happened to me growing up, though I did receive a lot of verbal abuse, but I think by choosing to make myself scarce, perhaps proved nothing worse to happen.

As a Born Again, however, I never saw this coming back to haunt me. I’ve never had this burst of anger before because I’ve always had an outlet through singing, drawing and later on writing. There were things beyond my control that were happening to me all at once and I didn’t know what to do. I got angry and experienced the volcanic anger within myself like a reckoning. Right away I knew this was wrong and immediately went to God about it and just laid it all out for Him. I knew I didn’t need to because He already knows, but I think it was more for me to think things through while talking to Him.
Through this Spiritual warfare God taught me an important lesson in self control. He allowed certain things to happen to test me and teach me. God never does something ‘just cuz’, but always uses evil for our good.

To be honest, I’m still no good at dealing with such anger from others, but I can certainly say it is better than it was because of Christ. His yoke is light and I’m still learning His Way dealing with things, as we all are that are in Christ Jesus.

If you think there’s no getting away from such anger within yourself or around you, there is. Just turn to God for help and trust in Him. He may pull you out, set you straight right away, or He may have you learn to deal with it and have you turn to Him for a season, like He did with me. For me the season was long, about 6 years, but I’m glad I stuck by Him.
Like with Peter denying Christ 3 times and turning back to the plow (back as a fisherman when Christ died), Jesus came back and reconciled Peter by asking if he loved Him 3 times. Why would He do that, especially returning to what he was before becoming His disciple?
Jesus Christ teaches us to get up and dust ourselves off, and sometimes He offers us His hand as little ones need more help. The more mature in faith can dust themselves off and move forward.

Never forget Who you are Born Again after!
:yellowheart:

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

When I was a kid I saw the anger that took hold of most in my immediate family. My mother not so much, but she was afflicted with other mental issues at that time. I didn’t understand the explosive anger they would suddenly let out over such small, uncontrollable things. With my younger siblings though, it was usually an amusement for me because they’d do such comical things.

One, and only time, was when my youngest sibling was so angry at me for something I don’t even recall, kicked me on my knee. I didn’t feel a thing and in truth I thought she missed, but she crumpled to the floor, wailing. It wasn’t until she came back from the doctor that I learned she wasn’t faking her pain. She actually broke her pinky toe from that supposed kick-attack.

With a certain someone it always scared me. I remember the eyes, the look they shot me with was truly piercing. I’ve never been able to handle such volcanic anger from people even as an adult. Usually I’d go hide in my room like the child I was, or secretly get out of the house for a while until I knew it was safe to return.

Nothing bad really happened to me growing up, though I did receive a lot of verbal abuse, but I think by choosing to make myself scarce, perhaps proved nothing worse to happen.

As a Born Again, however, I never saw this coming back to haunt me. I’ve never had this burst of anger before because I’ve always had an outlet through singing, drawing and later on writing. There were things beyond my control that were happening to me all at once and I didn’t know what to do. I got angry and experienced the volcanic anger within myself like a reckoning. Right away I knew this was wrong and immediately went to God about it and just laid it all out for Him. I knew I didn’t need to because He already knows, but I think it was more for me to think things through while talking to Him.
Through this Spiritual warfare God taught me an important lesson in self control. He allowed certain things to happen to test me and teach me. God never does something ‘just cuz’, but always uses evil for our good.

To be honest, I’m still no good at dealing with such anger from others, but I can certainly say it is better than it was because of Christ. His yoke is light and I’m still learning His Way dealing with things, as we all are that are in Christ Jesus.

If you think there’s no getting away from such anger within yourself or around you, there is. Just turn to God for help and trust in Him. He may pull you out, set you straight right away, or He may have you learn to deal with it and have you turn to Him for a season, like He did with me. For me the season was long, about 6 years, but I’m glad I stuck by Him.
Like with Peter denying Christ 3 times and turning back to the plow (back as a fisherman when Christ died), Jesus came back and reconciled Peter by asking if he loved Him 3 times. Why would He do that, especially returning to what he was before becoming His disciple?
Jesus Christ teaches us to get up and dust ourselves off, and sometimes He offers us His hand as little ones need more help. The more mature in faith can dust themselves off and move forward.

Good indeed for the believer to remember who he or she is and where we are going... 'Looking unto Jesus...' (Hebrews 12.2).

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You mentioned spiritual warfare. Some fighters had anger issues. Thoughts of battle and revenge may produce anger and anger may lead to violence. Pray for those who abuse you. Forgive who you can. Jesus said, “If someone strikes you on the cheek, turn and offer the other cheek.” The dove has no talons, nor a raptor’s beak, yet she found food and shelter.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure if people are misunderstanding my post and quite possibly not reading it all the way through, which does happen sometimes.

It is made from my personal testimony into what I’ve learned spiritually from God Himself. It’s meant to be an encouragement to those who might need it.

None of us have this walk down pat, so we need one another to uplift each other. Just as God wants His members to do, and to fully rest in faith in Him.

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
Not sure if people are misunderstanding my post and quite possibly not reading it all the way through, which does happen sometimes.

It is made from my personal testimony into what I’ve learned spiritually from God Himself. It’s meant to be an encouragement to those who might need it.

None of us have this walk down pat, so we need one another to uplift each other. Just as God wants His members to do.
It actually helps getting insight trying to give advice, I fight over my desire to covet earthly possesions and the love of the world. Denying my self for Christ is the fight I do everyday.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It actually helps getting insight trying to give advice, I fight over my desire to covet earthly possesions and the love of the world. Denying my self for Christ is the fight I do everyday.

Yes, this is a process of Salvation. Being saved until the day Christ returns.

• Agree
Reactions: Danigt22
Upvote 0