New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
By: Joni Eareckson Tada

The Bible tells us our God is so trustworthy that we are to throw our confidence on Him, not leaning on our own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5) God has already proved how much His love can be trusted by sending Christ to die for us. Wasn't that enough? Not for me. I always wanted to be on the inside looking out - sitting with the Lord up in the control tower instead of down on the confusing ground level. He couldn't be trusted unless I was there to oversee things! What a low view of my Master and Creator I had held all these
years! How could I have dared to assume that almighty God owed me explanations! Did I think that because I had done God the "favor" of becoming a Christian, He must now check things out with me? Was the Lord of the universe under obligation to show me how the trials of every human being fit
into the tapestry of life? Had I never read Deuteronomy 29:29, "There are secrets the Lord your God has not revealed to us"?

What made me think that even if He explained all His ways to me I would be able to understand them? It would be like pouring million-gallon truths into my one-ounce brain.