Melbourne
✟7,831.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think I am agnostic. I struggle to see how God is real and how one book can rule someone's life. There seems to be little evidence for God that I have seen, other than the Bible, and the Bible itself seems to be wrong about the world (i.e genesis). These questions have been rattling around in my brain for a while and I have come here to find some answers. I hope you guys can help me.

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I think I am agnostic. I struggle to see how God is real and how one book can rule someone's life. There seems to be little evidence for God that I have seen, other than the Bible, and the Bible itself seems to be wrong about the world (i.e genesis). These questions have been rattling around in my brain for a while and I have come here to find some answers. I hope you guys can help me.
The evidence for God is much more than the Bible. It's a Man called Jesus of Nazareth. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you, and faith will be as natural as eating apple pie :).

Upvote 0

hew0007

Feb 13, 2018
Melbourne
✟7,831.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The evidence for God is much more than the Bible. It's a Man called Jesus of Nazareth. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you, and faith will be as natural as eating apple pie :).
I have done this before to no avail. I have asked for 5 years of my life yet I am unable to reach him. I am left to think he is not real and when I look at the evidence, the only place that seems to "prove" Jesus is the Bible, which in my opinion (based on natural evidence) is untrue.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have done this before to no avail. I have asked for 5 years of my life yet I am unable to reach him. I am left to think he is not real and when I look at the evidence, the only place that seems to "prove" Jesus is the Bible, which in my opinion (based on natural evidence) is untrue.
Maybe He's already reached you son and you just haven't realized it yet. Try reading up the life of the Apostle Thomas who was a doubter, but like you a seeker. God bless :).

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome here hew0007!

If the only place you can find is the Bible, start with the Gospels which detail Jesus's life. Then as you learn about him you can practice what he taught. Any truth will have an effect on you and in time you'll come to understand it. Though it is a long period of humbling ourselves and being patience. While I've experienced what is to know him, I'm still getting to know him. Sometimes I misunderstand, but I try not to lose faith and eventually I come to understand him more than before.

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus didn't reveal Himself to me until I gave my life to Him. I had made such a mess of it on my own that I realized in desperation that I now needed Him to get me straightened out. Up till that point I knew of God , I actually knew of Jesus but did not trust Jesus. But that day at age 29 upstairs in my bedroom when I told Jesus for the first time in my life that I needed Him, basically in tears, was the beginning of the change of everything in my life. Oh yes, Jesus Christ is very real. But it's such a preposterous story that it makes the natural man hardened to believe it. And even knowing the truth there are days of doubt till I look at what he has done in my life and reboot my thought patterns. Satan would love for us to never believe.

Upvote 0

ColinJesusboy28

Nov 14, 2013
Aurora Co
✟19,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The bible is not just one book- It's many books, written by many different authors at different periods of history. To me Genesis is a blessed book in the bible. It should be read when you already have faith in other parts. When you read let your heart take over and try not to "lean on your own understanding." This is a quote form proverbs, another blessed book in the bible.
God's love and joy to you Hew :)

Upvote 0