Sep 6, 2003
Macedonia
Visit site
✟10,534.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Howdy all. I've been away from youth ministry for a while, but about a decade or more ago we used to gather the kids at the flag pole on the See you at the Pole Day of Prayer in late September. I'm sure this still goes on, but are youth pastors allowed on school grounds for prayer with thier students? Do any of you have a rally at your church that evening to celebrate the day of prayer with pictures and praise? We used to combine many churches into a single night of praise which brought together about 1200 kids in the town I worked in. How does the celebration of prayer look today: Alive and well or do we need a revival?

lindseyk3

I can't understand life without Him.
Nov 6, 2007
Atlanta, GA USA
Visit site
✟7,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey there. I definitely remember doing this with my youth group when I was in middle and high school, but I haven't heard about it for a few years now. I know that we would have somewhat of a "rally" the Sunday night or Wednesday night prior to the SYATP morning. I know that the youth group I help with at my church does not participate, but I would like to see a revival of this tradition of youth praying for their country, school, classmates, etc. I always looked forward to SYATP, but I don't know how much it's practiced anymore. Thanks for the thread! :)

Upvote 0