✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59171
I dont trust a politician as far as i can throw one.

But this is one of the reasons i have left the democratic party.

No, this is not a debate...so lets not let this get out of hand...
But i find it disturbing that no one blinks and eye ...

:(

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I add...before this gets going...

My real reservation involves the fact Christianity is not given importance..and Christmas is not recognized as it should be.

The rest is neither here nor there for me.... but i find this to be big on injustice.

Upvote 0

vle045

Veteran
Nov 28, 2007
Ohio
✟10,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The spokesman, Chris Aaron, however, said DeGette is a "strong supporter of separation of church and state and her view was that Congress should not favor one religion over another.

This tells me that Chris Aaron and/or DeGette does not understand the Constitution, nor what was meant by the First Amendment, which states that Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof…. So I don't understand why any of this was even brought up.

Admittedly, I don't really know what a "resolution" is. I don't recall hearing that term before. So perhaps I am missing something.

Upvote 0

InTheCloud

Veteran
May 9, 2007
Planet Earth
✟12,597.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
A resolution is not a law.
And condemming the world wide presecution of christians is not establishing a religion.
The Dems are (sorry i was too unPC) when if comes to foreign policy. Only Bush and Cheney can match them. As a us foreigner I miss the Republicans of yore. Dig up Ronnie!
BTW, I did not knew the Xmas part. Anyways seems like a tempest in a teapot.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The vote on the House resoltion was 415 to 9.

You guys want to focus on the 9 and claim Chriatianity is not given respect in this country ?

This is PC, but on your part.

If you're not absolutely, positively, 110% behind whatever youse guy feel is important today you're an anti-Christian, pro-every evil bad ugly thing you want tl calls someone.

Geez, martyr yourself much ?

What's the difference between a muslim extremeist and and OBOB one ?

The OBOB extremeist damages his soul with a pen instead of a bomb.

Reactions: Stormy
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
CC, you are not following what i said...
I said the [i should add the particular] politicians that did this disturb me.

Make note of who they are...and if they are in your state, next election, get them out of there.

Did i demonize the entire political system? It was small infractions such as this that caused me to leave that political affiliation. Small numbers and small instances can eventually grow in a political asylum.

I just think ppl need to be very aware of their reps in their state.

And because of the few, the whole sum looks bad, but that wasnt my intent.

Lets just remove the bad apples before the whole barrel goes bad.

IE...if ppl vote these folks back in, they will be looked upon as strong voices for their states which may cause others to follow suit in their decision making.

Ya know kinda like...
'Look Joe didnt get removed, maybe that is the popular opinion now...lets do the same.' sort of behavior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
vle it is a formality that [imho] shows where the folks are in their representative motives.

Its really [to me] a true test of where a certain representative will vote in more important issues.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That article is the worst sort of smear/spin. Give me a break here, the one thing has nothing whatsoever to do with the other. There isn't "world wide persecution of Christians" - if there was, it would be condemned by churches everywhere. Making a statement like that when it isn't true is nothing more than crying wolf, and this article is nothing more than right-winger spin. Think it through...

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I did think it thru.

Remove the ones who are apathetic to Christianity in a predominantly Christian country and not be afraid to stand up for your faith and remove those who unsympathetic.

[My sister is in Colorado and i think she should be made aware of her rep]
I didnt read the whole article, just the words of the ppl and the resolutions.

I ignore opinions and go for the heart of the matter.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What would you say is the heart of the matter?

The article is an emotional appeal which contrasts the recognition of Islam (second largest religion in the world) as "one the worlds greatest religions" with the fact that making a statement condemning the "world wide persecution of Christians" which isn't even happening, from being approved.
The heart of the matter as I see it is that worldnetdaily is full of right-wing baloney.

Reactions: moonkitty
Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Its not the worldwide proscution of Christainity that was the problem for the 9 who stood and did the right thing by voting against this resoltion.

It was the part of the resolution that stated the Christmas had special status in the American culture.

THAT part of the resolution cut way to close the bone of establishing a specific religion and those 9 stood up and said such.

They deserve to be commended for doing it in the face of knee jerk right wing neo con marytr me now Christian spin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

vle045

Veteran
Nov 28, 2007
Ohio
✟10,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, let me try to understand this... if they make a resolution saying that Islam is one of the world's greatest religions (or whatever they said), they are just saying "Hey everybody, this is what we think." And it doesn't really hold any real weight other than to know what they think?

If so, my thought would be "so what?" ... Maybe make a mental note if it's something that matters to me with regard to voting.

Am I understanding this right? I must have been asleep in class the day they went over "Resolutions" because I really don't recall anything of the sort.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That article is the worst sort of smear/spin. Give me a break here, the one thing has nothing whatsoever to do with the other. There isn't "world wide persecution of Christians" - if there was, it would be condemned by churches everywhere. Making a statement like that when it isn't true is nothing more than crying wolf, and this article is nothing more than right-winger spin. Think it through...
World Nut Daily is pretty far reaching fundie right.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So, let me try to understand this... if they make a resolution saying that Islam is one of the world's greatest religions (or whatever they said), they are just saying "Hey everybody, this is what we think." And it doesn't really hold any real weight other than to know what they think?

If so, my thought would be "so what?" ... Maybe make a mental note if it's something that matters to me with regard to voting.

Am I understanding this right? I must have been asleep in class the day they went over "Resolutions" because I really don't recall anything of the sort.
Well, civics calls haven't be taught in high school in many years.

Upvote 0

Snowbunny

Mexican Princess
Jul 24, 2006
Kiawah Island, Charleston South Carolina
Visit site
✟13,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
oh i don't know... i didn't change my party registration until a few months ago but that's for completely different reasons. i think of these kinds of scandals as non issues... neither the republicans nor the democrats represent a christian agenda and they both appeal to religion disingenuously just so that they can get votes. this doesn't really matter...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.