Student at William Jewell
Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟16,028.00
Faith
Christian
Dear Daily Message Readers,

READ: Jude 1:24-25

BIBLEGATEWAY LINK: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jude 1:24-25;&version=47;

Jude 1:24-25 (ESV) “Now to the one who is able to keep you from falling, and to cause you to stand, rejoicing, without blemish before his glorious presence, 25 to the only God our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, power, and authority, before all time, and now, and for all eternity. Amen.”

The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life recently underwent a 35,000- person poll called the U.S. Religious Landscape Survey. Says Pew Forum director Luis Lugo, Americans "not only change jobs, change where they live, and change spouses, but they change religions too. We totally knew it was happening, but this survey enabled us to document it clearly."

According to Pew, 28% of American adults have left the faith of their childhood for another one. And that does not even include those who switched from one Protestant denomination to another; if it did, the number would jump to 44%. Says Greg Smith, one of the main researchers for the "Landscape" data, churn applies across the board. "There's no group that is simply winning or simply losing," he says. "Nothing is static. Every group is simultaneously winning and losing."—Yahoo! News, February 25, 2008.

It is this type of perception that churchgoing folks in America have of their “religion.” Let me reemphasize, however, the context of Jude in this situation: A true believer in Jesus Christ never “walks away” from the faith. Yes, he stumbles, yes he bumbles around, and yes he may inhale the stench of false teaching occasionally. But the legitimate child of God is kept by the power of God unto the day of redemption. This is the work of the triune God in keeping those that are His (John 6:37-44)!

The apostate, however, despises the Word of God. As a result, he stumbles and falls and never recovers from the encounter. He breathes in falsehood like it is air. Little does he know that this is actually causing his demise.

Again, note the truth here. Highlight it, print it out, praise God for it, whatever. In His sovereignty, God is able to protect you from false teaching that leads to eternal damnation, should you truly be in Him! Just as you can’t save yourself from your sin, so also your eternal security rests on the unchangeable foundation of the triune God. What security it is!

Faith Lesson:

“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.”—John 6:44

In Christ,
Darin Smith