Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The sooner secularists take over Europe and everywhere else, the better.

They had eastern Europe for over 4 decades. Didn't turn out so good.

The secular welfare state in the EU might be OK for some alive today but the majority of those people sure aren't concerned about raising future generations. Parts of the EU are about to experience the greatest population decrease since the Black Death (providing the the pending and current geriatic generations don't import more Muslims and others from outside to care for them).

Upvote 0

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
And I guess this is your argument for not calling priests and the pope, Father? Welp, I guess everyone of us is guilty then for calling our dads, dad. :doh:

No everyone does not call their dads Holy Father that name is a direct reference to God.

Catholicism must be satanism because we have a respectful title for our clergy.

With love,
Simon

You said it not me.

Upvote 0

Brennin

Wielder of the Holy Cudgel of Faith
Aug 2, 2005
California
Visit site
✟10,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Rome, May. 16, 2007 (CWNews.com) . . .Bishop Giuseppe Betori paid homage to St. Ubaldo, a 12th-century bishop who had "fortified the city against a siege." Today, the bishop said, the Christian people face a new challenge, in the form of political forces that are "attempting to storm our cities, undermine their peaceful order, and bring turbulence into their lives." Those forces, he said, are the secularists and nihilists whose efforts undermine respect for the sanctity of life and the bonds of marriage . . .

http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=51176
I agree.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟495,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Europe is already secular, with the exception of the vatican. Church and state are seperated and one does not interefere with the other where it is not really neccessary.

The only major conflict in western europe is motivated by christianity, the North Ireland conflict, so don't tell me that europes peace and stability are endangered by secularism. At least in germany, nobody cares about the religion of our political leaders.

Upvote 0

MrGoodBytes

Seeker for life, probably
Mar 4, 2006
✟22,772.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Europe is already secular, with the exception of the vatican. Church and state are seperated and one does not interefere with the other where it is not really neccessary.

The only major conflict in western europe is motivated by christianity, the North Ireland conflict, so don't tell me that europes peace and stability are endangered by secularism. At least in germany, nobody cares about the religion of our political leaders.
Seconded. Europe is already secularized for all practical means and purposes, and seems to be doing very well. I don't really see the danger.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

uberd00b

The Emperor has no clothes.
Oct 14, 2006
Newcastle, UK
✟22,308.00
Faith
Taoist
Marital Status
Single
Europe is already secular, with the exception of the vatican.

Agreed. I can only speak of my personal experience in the UK, but over here there is never any mention of religion in my day to day life. I never meet anyone who is vocal about their beliefs or attends any religious rituals regularly.

When I attended high school some thirteen years ago there were perhaps 2 kids in school who could be described as Christian. This proportion has continued throughout my life.

Religion is a non-issue over here, and we're doing just fine. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0