Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
So why would ANY christians be left behind after the rapture?

Jesus said that unless we become as little children we will not see the kingdom of heaven, also he talked about the need to be born again, regenerated through the Spirit. Not all Christians are going to be taken because they have not all become like little children.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus said that unless we become as little children we will not see the kingdom of heaven, also he talked about the need to be born again, regenerated through the Spirit. Not all Christians are going to be taken because they have not all become like little children.

So we are not, in your opinion, saved by grace? what about John 3:16 and Ephesians 2:8. If you are truly a Christian you ARE born again.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Question: "What does it mean to be a born again Christian?"

Answer:
What does it mean to be a born again Christian? The classic passage from the Bible that answers this question is John 3:1-21. The Lord Jesus Christ is talking to Nicodemus, a prominent Pharisee and member of the Sanhedrin (a ruler of the Jews). Nicodemus had come to Jesus at night. Nicodemus had questions to ask Jesus.

As Jesus talked with Nicodemus, He said, “’I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.’ ‘How can a man be born when he is old?’ Nicodemus asked. ‘Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!’ Jesus answered, ‘I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again’” (John 3:3-7).

The phrase "born again" literally means "born from above." Nicodemus had a real need. He needed a change of his heart—a spiritual transformation. New birth, being born again, is an act of God whereby eternal life is imparted to the person who believes (2 Corinthians 5:17; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:3; 1 John 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1-4, 18). John 1:12,13 indicates that "born again" also carries the idea "to become children of God" through trust in the name of Jesus Christ.

The question logically comes, "Why does a person need to be born again?" The Apostle Paul in Ephesians 2:1 says, "And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins..." (NKJV). To the Romans in Romans 3:23, the Apostle wrote, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." So, a person needs to be born again in order to have their sins forgiven and have a relationship with God.

How does that come to be? Ephesians 2:8-9 states, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast." When one is "saved," he/she has been born again, spiritually renewed, and is now a child of God by right of new birth. Trusting in Jesus Christ, the One who paid the penalty of sin when He died on the cross, is what it means to be "born again" spiritually. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
if it was just the last day, then there could be no rapture at all, as the dead are raised after the millenial kingdom, those dead not in Christ, that's how I understand it.
well, at His Coming, the dead in Christ ARE raised.
so it has to be the last day.
1Thes4 says it is His Coming....
and it says that the dead in Christ are rasied first.

it has to be on the last day.
and they have to be raised before the "rapture" occurs.

now, my understanding is that the last day, is 1000 years long...
the Millennium.

the dead in Christ/righteous, are raised at it's beginning...
the rest, at it's end.

Paul sais that the dead in Christ are raised first, at the return of Christ, followed by the elect being translated. Even if that was after the tribulation, you'd still have two raising ups.
but on the same day...one at Mill's beginning, and one at Mill's end
a day to God is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as a day.

point is, that in the Gospel according to John,
Jesus was speaking to believers and teaching them about when they would be raised.

so that makes them part of the dead in Christ, right?

and we know the dead in Christ are rasied
when Jesus leaves heaven with them,
and raises them here as per 1Thes4

can't you see it Bro?

A rapture after the trib would also rapture everyone on the earth (as the tares are gathered by the angels and thrown away) that would leave no mortals to populate the millennial kingdom.
there is only one future Coming of Christ

no "human's of flesh and blood" inhabbit the land after His Coming...
all flesh is changed to "spirit/air" at Christ's Coming.
flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom.

who ever inhabit's it, is not flesh and blood.

The survivors of the great trib are the Israelis which have gone messianic and are worthy to be protected by God through the trib.
they are not a bunch of converted Jews.
the elect (of the church)are gathered to God at the trib's end.
everyone else that is not elect, has to go throguh the trib mortal,
albeit still changed...
they are still liable to die in the spirit, as the angels are...in the lake of fire.

it's the whole point of the Mill.
everyone is changed
the elect teach the ones that love God and Jesus,
but were seduced by Satan during the trib...
that is most all Christians alive today, imo.

will they overcome at Mill's end?
i have no doubt if they truly love the Lord, that they will.

fact is that most of us Christians today, imo, need refinement.
sure we love the Lord, but ......

Any Christians who were left behind after the rapture get the chop, or take the mark. I see the rapture as drawing the church age to a close, and the dispensation moves back to an Israelite dispensation of the millenium, ruled by Christ and translated saints and angels.
there are other mortals surviving the trib, as they populate the earth, so that they rebel in the battle of Gog, Magog at the end of the millenium. But they didn't start out as tares, as they were gathered up in the Lord's day, by angels, so they must have been Christians which survived somehow- not all get the chop.
Saying all that probably frustrates you to hear again, but that is where i am am the moment. It makes sense to me, as i see the restraint as being removed, at the removal of the church, the Holy Spirit active in the world via the church, is what is preventing the extent of evil which then escalates.
I am curious, as i have read your posts before about Satan being literally on the earth in the last days.. Satan is cast out of heaven, probably some time before the church is raptured. So i wondered why you think that., that Satan is literally on the earth and not just as a spirit inhabiting the ac. If he is cast out of heaven, then presumably he still has a body of some sort.
i don't think he is here today literally on eaerth...
i think he is spiritually influencing today.
i think a time will come when he will be cast out of heaven and here for a short time,
and pretend to be Jesus Christ.

i mean, he might possess many before the trib begins...
setting things up, sure...
could be.

who better to fall for his seduction (of the potential bride)
than those that don't believe they will be here to experience it to begin with

since our views do not agree with each other I need an answer from one of the others. I do not mean to offend, but I just hold a different view and that's it.
imo, pretty soon....
no one should plcae a year on it...
i think i'll know when we are i it...;)

might be sooner than we all think..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

Bible2

memoriesbymichelle said in post #22:

I do not believe in the pre-trib rapture. That is not what scripture says when I read it and I feel that Jesus would have spoke about it if there was such a thing, especially when directly asked by his disciples "tell us when will these things be? and what will be the sign of your coming, and of the end of the age?" Mat 24:3.

Anyway, other than the obvious that people just don't understand or study what the Bible really says on this issue, what do you think is the reason that SO many well known preachers on TV and radio hold this view?

For the same reason so many of them hold the "prosperity gospel" view.

It takes a lot of money for preachers to have their own TV or radio shows. That's why it's common for these shows to focus on their need for more donations (even if the preachers themselves have already become extremely wealthy, with huge mansions and fleets of Rolls Royces). The best way to get more donations is to make people feel really good whenever they watch or listen to the shows. The best way to make people feel really good is to focus on happy (even if mistaken) ideas, like the people getting rich by "planting a seed" (i.e. by giving a big donation to a rich preacher: cf. Proverbs 22:16), and like the people not having to go through the coming tribulation because of a pre-trib rapture.

And of course the converse is true. Any preacher with a TV or radio show who started to preach the hard truths that Christians must have no desire to ever get rich (1 Timothy 6:9-11), and that the church will have to go through the awful suffering of the coming tribulation (Matthew 24:9-13), would begin to lose most of his viewers or listeners right away. They would see his show as having become "a total downer", and so they wouldn't send him any more donations. He would then have to use his own money to continue the show, but would eventually run out of money, and so have to go off the air.

-

This isn't to say that "prosperity and pre-trib" preachers on TV and radio don't actually believe what they're preaching, but that it's their happy (even if mistaken) ideas that has permitted them financially to continue on the air.

The reason why they started to believe both of these ideas in the first place could simply be fear: fear of poverty and fear of the tribulation.

-

Pre-trib rapturism, as well as preterism (whether full or partial), historicism, symbolicism, and spiritualism, could all be animated by the same spirit of fear, that the church alive today throughout the world would otherwise have to physically suffer through the future, literal, worldwide tribulation of Revelation chapters 6-18/Matthew 24. For pre-trib rapturism, preterism, historicism, symbolicism, and spiritualism, all, in their different ways, give a mistaken assurance to the church alive today that it won't have to physically suffer through that tribulation.

Pre-trib rapturism says that Jesus will return and rapture the church into the third heaven before the tribulation begins. Preterism says that the tribulation already happened back in 70 AD. Historicism says that the tribulation already happened over a long period in history (e.g. during the rise and height of the power of the RCC in Europe during the Middle Ages and after, or during the rise and spread of Islam in the Middle East and elsewhere during the Middle Ages and after). Symbolicism says that the tribulation is only symbolic of theological themes that those in the church have always had to struggle with (e.g. "Ye cannot serve God and mammon", Matthew 6:24), or is symbolic of only-local persecutions that some in the church have always had to face, and are still facing today, such as the recent suffering of the Coptic Christians in Egypt at the hands of Islamists. And spiritualism says that the tribulation is only symbolic of the purely-spiritual struggles which have always gone on within the hearts of Christians.

But when the literal, worldwide tribulation begins in the future, the shaky doctrinal wall which (in their different ways) pre-trib rapturism, preterism, historicism, symbolicism, and spiritualism have all tried to build up between the church and the tribulation, will be completely shattered (cf. Ezekiel 13:10-12) as the church worldwide begins to physically suffer through the tribulation (Matthew 24:9-31, Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-12, Revelation 20:4). Pre-trib rapturism, preterism, historicism, symbolicism, and spiritualism may have left some in the church completely unprepared mentally to undergo this physical suffering, to where pre-trib rapturism, preterism, historicism, symbolicism, and spiritualism could even contribute to some in the church ultimately losing their salvation (Hebrews 6:4-8, John 15:6, 2 Timothy 2:12, Mark 8:35-38, Colossians 1:23, Hebrews 3:6,12,14, Hebrews 10:38-39) because of committing apostasy during the tribulation, when they became "offended" that God was making them and their little ones physically suffer through it (Matthew 24:9-12, cf. Isaiah 8:21-22, Matthew 13:21, Luke 8:13).

Even though the church alive today throughout the world will have to physically suffer through the future, literal, worldwide tribulation of Revelation chapters 6-18/Matthew 24, the church need not fear this (cf. 1 Peter 4:12-13, Revelation 2:10), because even though many in the church will suffer and die during that time (Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4, Matthew 24:9-13), this will be to their gain (Philippians 1:21,23, 2 Corinthians 5:8, 2 Corinthians 4:17-18, 2 Timothy 2:12), and it will in no way rob them of the blessed hope (Titus 2:13) of obtaining eternal life (Titus 1:2, Titus 3:7) in an immortal, physical resurrection body (Romans 8:23-25, Philippians 3:21, Luke 24:39) at the second coming of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16, Revelation 20:4-6), which will occur immediately after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 19:7-20:6).

---

Job should be looked to by obedient Christians as an example of patient endurance through suffering (James 5:11). Just as God allowed Satan to bring suffering to righteous Job (Job chapters 1-2), so God sometimes allows Satan to bring suffering to obedient Christians (Revelation 2:10). And during the coming tribulation, Satan will be allowed to unleash his wrath against obedient Christians in every nation (Revelation 12:17, Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Matthew 24:9-13, Revelation 20:4).

By the power of Satan working against him (Job 1:12), Job first suffered the loss of his wealth and his servants from murderous robbers (Job 1:14-15,17) and a natural disaster (Job 1:16), and suffered the death of all his children in a natural disaster (Job 1:18-19). Then, again by the power of Satan working against him (Job 2:6), Job suffered the loss of his health (Job 2:7). But Job remained patient through all his loss and suffering, never cursing God because of it (Job 2:9-10, Job 1:20-22), but wholly trusting in God through it all (Job 13:15).

Because of this, God greatly rewarded Job after his suffering was completed, giving him twice as much wealth as he had before (Job 42:10,12, Job 1:3), and giving him the same number of children as he had before (Job 42:13, Job 1:2), and giving him a very long life (Job 42:16), so that he lived to see his grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren (Job 42:16b).

While he was still suffering, Job mistakenly thought that his suffering was God's wrath against him (Job 19:11), when in fact God had no wrath against Job, because Job was righteous in God's eyes (Job 1:1,8, Job 2:3). Instead, Job was suffering from the hand of Satan (Job 1:12, Job 2:7). Similarly, during the coming tribulation, the suffering of Christians won't be God's wrath against them, but Satan's wrath against them (Revelation 12:17, cf. Revelation 2:10).

God allowed Satan to bring loss and suffering to Job to prove that Job didn't love God just because God had made him wealthy and secure (Job 1:9-12) and healthy (Job 2:4-6), but that Job would continue to love and trust God even if all his wealth, family and health were stripped away from him. Indeed, Job would have continued to love God even if God had killed him (Job 13:15). This is the kind of love for God that Christians will need to have during the coming tribulation: they will need to continue to love God even when God allows Satan (the dragon) and the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) to make war against Christians and physically overcome them in every nation (Revelation 12:17, Revelation 13:7-10, Matthew 24:9-13), stripping away all their wealth and family and leading them away to be beheaded (Revelation 20:4).

Christians must so love God and so trust God that they have no fear of suffering or death (Revelation 2:10, Hebrews 2:15), knowing that even death will only bring their still-conscious souls into the presence of Jesus Christ himself in heaven (2 Corinthians 5:8, Philippians 1:21,23, Revelation 6:9-10, Luke 23:43).

Christians must in no way love their mortal lives on this earth to where they will deny Jesus Christ and the Bible in order to keep from getting killed (Mark 8:35-38, John 12:25, Revelation 12:11), just as Christians must not love their families to the point where they will deny Jesus Christ and the Bible in order to keep their family members from starving or getting killed (Matthew 10:37, Luke 14:26). And Christians must not love their wealth to the point where they will deny Jesus Christ and the Bible in order to keep their wealth from being taken away (Matthew 6:24, 1 Timothy 6:9-10). Jesus requires that Christians forsake everything, even their own lives, for his sake (Luke 14:33, Luke 9:23, Matthew 10:38-39), just as he forsook everything, even his own life, for their sake (Philippians 2:6-8, 2 Corinthians 5:15, 1 Corinthians 15:3).

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy" (1 Peter 4:12-13).

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

hiscosmicgoldfish said in post #23:

The main reason for my belief is the doctrine of immanency.

Note that no scripture teaches or requires the idea of imminence. And Matthew 24:29-31 and 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8 counter that idea. For Matthew 24:29-31 shows that Jesus won't come and gather together (rapture) the church until immediately after the still-unfulfilled tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 19:7-20:6) of Matthew 24/Revelation chapters 6-18. And 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8 shows that Jesus' second coming can't occur (the day of Christ/the day of the Lord can't begin) and the church can't be raptured (gathered together to Jesus) until sometime after there's an apostasy (a falling away) in the church (2 Thessalonians 2:3a) and the Antichrist is revealed by sitting in a third Jewish temple and proclaiming himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:3b-4). For the Antichrist will be destroyed at Jesus' second coming (2 Thessalonians 2:8, Revelation 19:20), which is also when the rapture and marriage of the church will occur (2 Thessalonians 2:1, Matthew 24:30-31, Mark 13:26-27, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, Revelation 19:7).

While 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8 is most often referred to in order to (correctly) refute the mistaken idea of an imminent, pre-trib coming of Jesus and rapture of the church, Paul there wasn't so much countering pre-trib rapturism as he was countering the mistaken idea of full preterism, which claims that the day of the Lord is already at hand (2 Thessalonians 2:2) (in the sense of being already present), that the second coming and rapture have already occurred (2 Thessalonians 2:1-2), that the resurrection of the church is already past (2 Timothy 2:18).

Paul was careful to counter full preterism because it can trouble (2 Thessalonians 2:2) and even overthrow the faith of some believers (2 Timothy 2:18); it can cause them to lose the blessed hope (Titus 2:13) of obtaining eternal life (Titus 1:2, Titus 3:7) in an immortal, physical resurrection body (Romans 8:23-25, Philippians 3:21, Luke 24:39) at the second coming of Jesus (1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16, Revelation 20:4-6).

---

hiscosmicgoldfish said in post #28:

i believe that it is Israel that goes on through the tribulation and ends up populating the millennial kingdom, thats part of dispensationalism

Regarding "it is Israel that goes on through the tribulation", do you base that on Jeremiah 30:7? If so, the time of Jacob's trouble which he will be saved out of (Jeremiah 30:7) won't be the entire future tribulation of Matthew 24/Revelation chapters 6-18, but only the final pillaging of the Jews in Jerusalem at the very end of the tribulation, right before Jesus returns and saves them (Zechariah 14:2-5).

The church, including Gentile believers (e.g. Revelation 7:9,14), will be in the tribulation (Matthew 24:9-13, Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6).

Regarding who will populate the millennium, in the sense of having offspring during the millennium, it will be populated by the unsaved people "left" alive in their mortal bodies at the second coming of Jesus (Matthew 24:39b-40, Zechariah 14:16-19). It could also be populated by the elect Jews who will get saved at the second coming (Romans 11:25-29, Zechariah 12:10-14), for they could enter into the millennium (Zechariah 14:5-21) while still in their mortal bodies. For the resurrection/changing of the saved into immortal bodies, at the second coming (1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53, Revelation 19:7-20:6), could be only for those who had become saved before the second coming.

Regarding dispensationalism, it's mistaken, because the church is Israel (Revelation 21:9b,12b). See the last part of post #9.

---

hiscosmicgoldfish said in post #28:

The tares are gathered up from the earth on the day of the Lord, which is different from the rapture, which happens before the day of the Lord.

Regarding the tares, Matthew 13:24-30,36-43 is referring to the same (post-millennial, white throne) judgment as Matthew 25:32-46.

Matthew 25:31 doesn't mean that Matthew 25:32-46 (just as 2 Peter 3:10a doesn't mean that 2 Peter 3:10b) will happen immediately at the second coming of Jesus, only that it will happen sometime subsequent to the second coming, at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11-15), after the future millennium and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7-15).

Matthew 25:32-46 refers to the "nations" being judged by their works at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:12-13), whereas at the second coming, Jesus will judge only those in the church (Psalms 50:3-5, cf. Mark 13:27; Matthew 25:19-30) and then will marry the obedient part of the church (Revelation 19:7-8, cf. Matthew 25:1-12) in the clouds of the sky (1 Thessalonians 4:17) before the obedient part of the church mounts white horses and comes back down from the sky (the first heaven) with Jesus (Revelation 19:14) as he defeats the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) and all the unsaved armies of the world (Revelation 19:15-21).

Also, Matthew 25:41,46 refers to the unsaved being actually sent (at the time of Matthew 25:41,46) into the eternal punishment of the lake of fire at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:15), whereas at the second coming only the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) and his False Prophet will be cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 19:20).

The saved "sheep" at the sheep/goat judgment would include those who became believers during the millennium (Isaiah 66:19-21).

---

Regarding the day of the Lord/the day of wrath (Zephaniah 1:14-15), it won't begin until the second coming of Jesus (1 Corinthians 1:7-8, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10), which won't occur until Revelation 19 (see Revelation 19:15b), immediately after the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6-18/Matthew 24 (Matthew 24:29-30).

Regarding the rapture happening before the day of the Lord, note that no scripture teaches or requires that. Instead, the Bible makes clear tha the rapture won't happen until the second coming (Matthew 24:29-31, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7-20:6).

See the "after the tribulation" part of post #9.

---

hiscosmicgoldfish said in post #37:

I dont think Obama is the antichrist, but these useless US presidents have been like the opposite of John the Baptist, as they have been preparing the way for the antichrist, who i think will be european

Instead of being European, the Antichrist could be Middle Eastern.

Daniel 7's fourth beast, or fourth "king"/"kingdom" (Daniel 7:17,23), is the ancient Roman Empire. The ten horns/kings (Daniel 7:7b,24) which come out of it could represent ten major end-time kingdoms/nations which came out of the former territory of the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire consisted not only of Western Europe, but also the Middle East and North Africa. So the ten major end-time nations which (at least in part) came out of the former territory of the Roman Empire could be Germany, the U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Egypt, Iraq, Algeria, and Syria.

The ten toes of Daniel 2:42 could represent the same thing as the ten horns of Daniel 7:7b. Five of the toes could be of iron and the other five of clay. Germany, the U.K., France, Italy, and Spain could be the iron toes, and Turkey, Egypt, Iraq, Algeria, and Syria could be the clay toes. In Daniel 2:43, the inability of the iron to mix with the clay could represent how, for example, there are many Turkish people living in Germany, but they remain separated in Turkish ghettoes within German cities. Similarly, there are many Algerian people living in France, but they remain separated in Algerian ghettoes within French cities.

But even despite this social separation, which could endure indefinitely, the people of Western Europe on the one hand and the people of the Middle East and North Africa on the other could still one day put aside their political separation and become united into one massive confederation. The person who could succeed in bringing this about could be none other than the Antichrist.

The arising of the "little" horn (Daniel 7:8, Daniel 8:9), which is "diverse" from the ten major nations (Daniel 7:24), could mean that the Antichrist will arise from a little country. And the arising of the little horn from "among" the ten major nations the territory of which used to be part of the Roman Empire (Daniel 7:8) could mean that the territory of the Antichrist's little country also used to be part of the Roman Empire. And before it was part of the Roman Empire, the territory of the Antichrist's country had also been part of one of the four Diadochian Greek kingdoms which succeeded the Greek Empire of Alexander the Great (Daniel 8:8-9,21-25). The territory of these four Greek kingdoms stretched from Greece over to Iran, and down into Egypt. So the Antichrist will probably come from the Middle East. He could be an Arab who will come from the little country of Lebanon, from the modern city of Tyre (Ezekiel 28:2, cf. 2 Thessalonians 2:4).

The Antichrist could start out by claiming to be a Baathist. After becoming the leader of Lebanon, he could peacefully gain control of a Baathist confederation of three of the ten major nations (Daniel 7:24b): Egypt ("toward the south" of Lebanon: Daniel 8:9), Iraq and Syria ("toward the east" of Lebanon: Daniel 8:9). This confederation could also include the minor nation of a United Palestine (i.e. a defeated Israel, "the pleasant land": Daniel 8:9). This Baathist confederation could be put together in the future by an Iraqi Baathist General who will manage to completely defeat and occupy Israel and Egypt in a war (Daniel 11:15-17; there, the original Hebrew word translated as "daughter" is "bath"), but who will then mysteriously disappear (Daniel 11:19) shortly before the Antichrist arises on the world stage (Daniel 11:21-45).

Years later, when the Antichrist gains control over all ten of the major nations, he could appoint kings over them (Revelation 17:12) who will defer to him (Revelation 17:13), just as, for example, when Napoleon gained control of different nations, he appointed kings over them who would defer to him.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

memoriesbymichelle said in post #24:

Well not necessarily because the Bible says no one knows the day or the hour but it also says we should know the season just as we can tell when spring is coming and winter etc.

At some point during the tribulation, those in the church could come to know even the day (in the sense of the year, month, and day) of Jesus' second coming. See the "Matthew 24:36" part of post #11.

---

memoriesbymichelle said in post #24:

His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts.

Apart from Jesus Christ, a human's wisdom is seen by God as foolishness and vanity (1 Corinthians 3:19-20, 1 Corinthians 1:19-20), as far beneath God's wisdom as the earth is beneath the heavens (cf. Isaiah 55:9). But in Christ (Galatians 3:27), a human receives a measure of God's wisdom by receiving a measure of God's own Spirit (1 Corinthians 2:12-13, Ephesians 1:17), Christ's own mind (1 Corinthians 2:16b, 1 Corinthians 1:24b,30), and Christ's own Word (Colossians 3:16, 2 Timothy 3:15).

---

memoriesbymichelle said in post #27:

The tribulation and God's wrath are two different events.

The tribulation's final stage (Revelation 16) will be God's wrath, but, as was pointed out in post #11, none of the vials of God's wrath will be directed at any of those in the church who will still be alive on the earth during that time, still waiting for Jesus' coming as a thief (Revelation 16:15). Instead, they will go into protective chambers which they will have built for themselves on the earth (Isaiah 26:20), just as Noah and his family went into the protective ark which they had built for themselves on the earth (Genesis 7:7).

Also, nothing requires the pre-trib idea that the entire tribulation will be God's wrath. See post #11.

---

memoriesbymichelle said in post #36:

So my son asks me "Do you think our president is the anti-christ?"

Obama isn't the Antichrist, because the gematrial "number of the name" of the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) is 666 (Revelation 13:17b-18, Revelation 15:2), whereas the gematrial number of the name Barack Hussein Obama is 793:

B=2
A=1
R=90
A=1
C=3
K=20

H=8
U=300
S=100
S=100
E=5
I=9
N=50

O=60
B=2
A=1
M=40
A=1

Total = 793

Also, Obama isn't the Antichrist because the Antichrist will come from a country the territory of which used to be part of one of the four Diadochian Greek kingdoms which succeeded the Greek Empire of Alexander the Great (Daniel 8:8-9,21-25). These four kingdoms stretched from Greece over to Iran, and down into Egypt. So the Antichrist will probably come from the Middle East. He could be an Arab who will come from Lebanon, from the modern city of Tyre (Ezekiel 28:2, cf. 2 Thessalonians 2:4), and have a name like (for example) "Nabil Abdullah Falakal al-Hakim", which adds up to 666.

---

The 666 in Revelation 13:17c-18 is referring to the "number of the name" of the "man" who is the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast). The number of a name is determined by employing the ancient method of gematria, by which numerical values are assigned to the letters of an alphabet as follows: the first nine letters in an alphabet are 1 through 9, the next nine letters are 10 through 90 (counting by tens), and the rest of the letters are 100, 200, 300, etc., to the end of the alphabet.

In Revelation 13:18, the "counting", the adding up, of the number of the Antichrist's name should be done in the same way that the numerical values of the three Greek letters (Chi, Xi, and Stigma) at the end of Revelation 13:18 (in the original Greek Textus Receptus) are added up to arrive at the number 666. The numerical values of the letters of the ancient Greek alphabet (including the three obsolete letters of Stigma, Qoppa, and Sampi) were as follows:

Alpha = 1
Beta = 2
Gamma = 3
Delta = 4
Epsilon = 5
(Stigma = 6)
Zeta = 7
Eta = 8
Theta = 9
Iota = 10
Kappa = 20
Lambda = 30
Mu = 40
Nu = 50
Xi = 60
Omikron = 70
Pi = 80
(Qoppa = 90)
Rho = 100
Sigma = 200
Tau = 300
Upsilon = 400
Phi = 500
Chi = 600
Psi = 700
Omega = 800
(Sampi = 900)

Just as the numerical values of the letters Chi, Xi, and Stigma at the end of Revelation 13:18 (in the original Greek Textus Receptus) add up to 666, so the numerical values of the letters in the Antichrist's name will add up to 666 (Revelation 13:17c-18). In Revelation 13:17c-18, John the apostle used the ancient Greek alphabet only because it was the most common alphabet used by believers at the time the book of Revelation was written. Today, the most common alphabet used by believers is the English alphabet, insofar as English is the current lingua franca of the world. So the numerical values of the letters in the Antichrist's name will most likely add up to 666 in the English alphabet.

The whole purpose of Revelation 13:17c-18 is to facilitate for believers, not to make difficult for them, the identification of a certain man as possibly being the Antichrist. If the letters in his name had to be transliterated into the ancient Greek alphabet, this would vitiate this purpose, for almost all believers today wouldn't know how to properly perform the transliteration (as God himself would perform it), and different believers would no doubt come up with variant, competing transliterations, and therefore would arrive at variant, competing numbers for the name of the certain man in question.

If Christians think that someone is the Antichrist, they need to check and make sure that his name adds up to 666 (Revelation 13:17c-18). If it doesn't, then he isn't the Antichrist, and they need to keep on looking out for the real Antichrist. If it does add up to 666, then he could be the Antichrist, and they need to be especially wary of him and not be taken in by any deceptive charisma, intelligence, or amazing deeds that he might display. But even if someone's name adds up to 666, this doesn't mean that he's definitely the Antichrist. For just by chance there could be more than one person in the world whose name adds up to 666.

The Antichrist also has to come from a country the territory of which used to be part of one of the four Diadochian Greek kingdoms which succeeded the Greek Empire of Alexander the Great (Daniel 8:8-9,21-25). These four kingdoms stretched from Greece over to Iran, and down into Egypt. So the Antichrist will probably come from the Middle East. He could be an Arab who will come from Lebanon, from the modern city of Tyre (Ezekiel 28:2, cf. 2 Thessalonians 2:4), and have a name like (for example) "Nabil Abdullah Falakal al-Hakim", which adds up to 666.

But if a man from the Middle East has a name which adds up to 666, even this doesn't assure that he's the Antichrist. For the Antichrist also has to sit in a third Jewish temple in Jerusalem and proclaim himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4, Daniel 11:31,36, Matthew 24:15, Revelation 11:1-2). Once he does that, there won't be any room for doubt about whether or not he's the Antichrist; his identity will have been definitely revealed (2 Thessalonians 2:3b-4).

The gematrial numerical values of the letters of the English alphabet are:

A=1
B=2
C=3
D=4
E=5
F=6
G=7
H=8
I=9
J=10
K=20
L=30
M=40
N=50
O=60
P=70
Q=80
R=90
S=100
T=200
U=300
V=400
W=500
X=600
Y=700
Z=800

The way that the number of a name is "counted" (Revelation 13:17c-18), is added up, is simply by adding up the numerical values of all the letters in that name. So, for example, the number of the name "John Mark Smith" is 636, because:

J=10
O=60
H=8
N=50

M=40
A=1
R=90
K=20

S=100
M=40
I=9
T=200
H=8

Total = 636

The Antichrist's name will add up to 666 (Revelation 13:17c-18).

---

memoriesbymichelle said in post #36:

So his big question, which I had a hard time answering was he wanted to know how long do you think we have?

Matthew 24:34 could mean that the temporal generation that saw the 1948 re-establishment of Israel (which could be symbolized by the rebudding of the fig tree: Matthew 24:32-34, cf. Hosea 9:10, Joel 1:6-7, Luke 13:6-9, Matthew 21:19,43) won't pass until the fulfillment of the future tribulation and the second coming, which Jesus had just finished describing in Matthew 24:5-31 (and which he would later show in great detail in Revelation chapters 6-19). A temporal generation may not pass until 70 or 80 years (Psalms 90:10), or 120 years (Genesis 6:3).

The idea that the 1948 generation won't pass until the second coming doesn't require that the second coming will occur right before (like one year) before the generation will pass: i.e. 69, or 79, or 119 years after 1948; in 2017, 2027, or 2067. And if the future tribulation of Matthew 24/Revelation chapters 6-18, which will immediately precede the second coming (Matthew 24:29-31, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7-20:6), will last seven years, the first year of the tribulation didn't have to be in 2011, and won't have to be in 2021, or 2061, but could be in a future year (e.g. 2020) earlier than 2021.

-

Matthew 24:34 could also include the meaning that the figurative, all-times generation of the elect (Luke 16:8b) won't pass away from the earth during the coming tribulation of Matthew 24/Revelation chapters 6-18, but that some of the elect will survive (Matthew 24:22) until the second coming of Jesus (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17) immediately after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31, cf. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Bible2

zeke37 said in post #31:

-caught up in the spirit...not literally in the "air".

The "air" in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 will be the literal air, like the air in 1 Corinthians 9:26, 1 Corinthians 14:9 and Acts 22:23 is the literal air, but it will be up in the sky (as high as the clouds), like the air in Revelation 9:2 and Revelation 16:17 will be the literal air, up in the sky.

The church won't be changed into spirit at the second coming of Jesus, but will be resurrected or changed into immortal-flesh bodies like Jesus was resurrected into (Luke 24:39, 1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53, Philippians 3:21, Romans 8:23-25).

---

zeke37 said in post #31:

-caught up into the masses/multitudes, not rainclouds
-in a kind of cloud that every eye shall see

While Hebrews 12:1 is referring to a singular and figurative cloud of witnesses, 1 Thessalonians 4:17 is referring to plural and literal clouds, like the literal cloud in Luke 9:34 (up on a mountain: Luke 9:28). But the clouds in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 will be up in the sky, the literal air, like the literal cloud in Acts 1:9 was "up" in the sky, and like the literal cloud in which the two witnesses will ascend "up" to heaven (Revelation 11:12).

At his second coming, Jesus will be seen in literal clouds (Revelation 1:7, Matthew 24:30) just as lightning is seen in literal clouds (Matthew 24:27).

---

zeke37 said in post #31:

-not literally "up" anwhere, as up is not even written in the greek manuscripts there.

Note that there doesn't have to be an "up" in the original Greek of 1 Thessalonians 4:17 for it to mean "up", for the clouds and the air are up.

1 Thessalonians 4:17's original Greek word (harpazo, G0726) translated as "caught up" can also be used to refer to people being taken where God's throne is (Revelation 12:5), which is "up" in heaven (Revelation 4:1-2), just as the two witnesses will ascend "up" to heaven (Revelation 11:12).

---

zeke37 said in post #31:

-all this, only AFTER the dead return FROM heaven with the Lord at His COMING,
and are raised here on that last day.

1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 shows that the souls of all obedient dead believers of all times will be brought down from the third heaven with Jesus (1 Thessalonians 4:14-15) and their souls will descend to the earth and their bodies will resurrect/rise from their graves (1 Thessalonians 4:16). Then they and all believers who survived the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6-18/Matthew 24 on the earth (those who will still be "alive and remain") will be raptured up together as high as the clouds of the sky to hold a meeting in the air with the returned Jesus (1 Thessalonians 4:17, 2 Thessalonians 2:1, Matthew 24:29-31).

It's because of this second-coming rapture into the sky (and then the marriage of the obedient church there to Jesus: Revelation 19:7) that the obedient church will already be with Jesus when he subsequently descends from the sky (the first heaven) to the surface of the earth in Revelation 19:14 and Zechariah 14:5c,4.

---

zeke37 said in post #45:

flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom.

Regarding 1 Corinthians 15:50 and the third heaven aspect of the kingdom, note that just as people on the earth can be brought into someone's house and stay there for awhile without inheriting that house, so people on the earth can be taken up into the third heaven in their mortal bodies and stay there for awhile without inheriting the third heaven.

For note that at the time of Revelation 11:11-12, the two witnesses will be in resuscitated mortal bodies (like, for example, the resuscitated mortal bodies of Lazarus and Tabitha: John 11:43-44, Acts 9:36-40). For the resurrection of believers into immortal bodies won't happen until Jesus' second coming (1 Corinthians 15:21-23,52-53, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16, Revelation 19:7-20:6), which won't happen until immediately after the tribulation of Revelation chapters 6-18/Matthew 24 (Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 19:7-20:6).

Also, Revelation 11:12 doesn't say that when the two witnesses will ascend into the third heaven in their mortal bodies that they will "inherit" the third heaven, just as when Paul says that he at one point during his lifetime in the first century AD could have been taken to the third heaven in his mortal body (2 Corinthians 12:2-7), he doesn't say that he "inherited" the third heaven. Similarly, when Enoch and Elijah were taken into the third heaven in their mortal bodies (Hebrews 11:5, 2 Kings 2:11), it doesn't say that they "inherited" the third heaven.

-

Also, besides the third heaven aspect of the kingdom (and besides its current, earthly, spiritual aspect: Romans 14:17), there's also its future, earthly, physical aspect: the millennial kingdom (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29, Matthew 19:28, Luke 22:30, cf. Matthew 6:10). And the unsaved people left alive at Jesus' second coming (Matthew 24:39b-40) will enter the millennial kingdom in their mortal bodies without "inheriting" the millennial kingdom. For they will be its forced subjects (Zechariah 14:16-19, Psalms 66:3), ruled over with a rod of iron by its heirs: Jesus and the immortally-resurrected church (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29, Psalms 2).

Jesus and the immortally-resurrected church will inherit the millennial kingdom and the subsequent new earth kingdom in fleshly bodies, for the church will be resurrected/changed into immortal flesh bodies at Jesus' second coming just as Jesus was resurrected into an immortal flesh body at his first coming (Luke 24:39, Philippians 3:21, Romans 8:23-25, 1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53, Revelation 19:7-20:6).

Also, the elect Jews who won't become believers until the second coming (Romans 11:25-29, Zechariah 12:10-14) could miss the resurrection/changing of believers into immortal flesh bodies (which may be experienced only by those who had become believers before the second coming), and so they could inherit the millennial kingdom (Zechariah 14:5-21, Matthew 19:28, Luke 22:30) in their mortal flesh bodies.

So in 1 Corinthians 15:50, Paul must be referring only to people in mortal flesh bodies (as opposed to immortal flesh bodies) not inheriting the eternal (as opposed to the millennial) aspect of the kingdom of God, which will be on the new earth in the descended New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:1-22:15), after the millennium and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7-22:15).

---

Believers need to be careful not to be deceived by the Gnostic lie that Christ isn't in the flesh (2 John 1:7) and that believers won't forever be in the flesh.

The Bible shows that Jesus Christ wasn't resurrected as a disembodied spirit, but was resurrected in his fully-human flesh and bones body (Luke 24:39, Hebrews 2:17). That's why his tomb is empty (Matthew 28:6) and why he still has the wounds of the crucifixion on his resurrection body (John 20:25-29). Luke 24:39 didn't stop being true once Jesus ascended into heaven, for Jesus remains our fully-human mediator (1 Timothy 2:5); he will remain our fully-human high priest forever (Hebrews 7:24-26), in human flesh, just like we're in human flesh (Hebrews 2:17). And when he returns he will still have the wounds of the crucifixion on his body (Zechariah 13:6, Zechariah 12:10-14).

Beware the Gnostic lie that Christ isn't in the flesh, for it's an antichrist deception (2 John 1:7). The Gnostics mistakenly think that flesh is evil in itself, and that only that which is pure spirit can be good. But Jesus proves that flesh isn't evil in itself, for he has been made flesh (John 1:1,14, Romans 1:3, Luke 24:39) and remains wholly without sin (Hebrews 4:15). Genesis also proves that flesh isn't evil in itself, but was created by God himself as something very good (Genesis 1:31).

We know that Adam and Eve were flesh because they were the progenitors of the human race alive today. And we know that Adam and Eve were immortal before they fell into sin, because it was only their falling into sin which made them become mortal (Genesis 2:17). So Adam and Eve started out as immortal flesh. So the future resurrection and changing of the saved into immortal flesh bodies like Jesus has (1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53, Philippians 3:21, Luke 24:39, Romans 8:23-25) will simply be God allowing all of saved humanity to partake of the original, very good, immortal flesh condition of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden before their fall into sin.

Also beware the more-general Gnostic lie that the created, physical universe is evil in itself, and that only a purely-spiritual heaven can be good, for this lie is employed by Gnosticism to revile the Creator YHWH as some sort of evil, tyrant god, whom Gnosticism says created the physical universe only as a foul prison house for the free spirits of humans, whom Gnosticism says by some accident fell from a purely-spiritual heaven into the physical universe and became trapped within physical bodies. No doubt the coming Antichrist will employ this lie as part of his utter reviling of YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36). But Genesis shows that the physical world was originally created by YHWH as something very good (Genesis 1:31).

And the Bible shows that the whole plan of Creation wasn't that humans, who are both flesh and spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:23, Luke 24:39), would become purely-spiritual ghosts and float forever on clouds in a purely-spiritual heaven with God, but that God would become both flesh and spirit like man (John 1:1,14) and that God would ultimately come down out of heaven to live with man forever on a new earth (Revelation 21:1-4), just as God had walked on our present earth in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:8).

Also, on the new earth, all of saved humanity will be allowed to eat from the tree of life (Revelation 2:7, Revelation 22:2,14), just as Adam and Eve hadn't been forbidden to eat from it in their unfallen state (Genesis 2:9,16-17). So, with regard to saved humans, God will completely undo the effect of the fall of Adam and Eve. All of saved humanity will be able to live in an earthly, physical paradise forever with God (Revelation 2:7), just as Adam and Eve and all their descendants might have done had not Adam and Eve fallen into sin.

So beware the Gnostic lie. Beware the Antichrist.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

zeke37 said in post #45:

i think a time will come when he [Satan] will be cast out of heaven and here for a short time

Shortly before the midpoint of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6-18/Matthew 24, when the army of 200,000,000 weird horse-like beings starts killing a third of mankind (Revelation 9:16-19), then could also begin the biggest deception ever wrought upon mankind (besides the original one in Eden: Genesis 3). For the Antichrist, who by that time could have managed to have been elected as the President of a Mediterranean Union formed by the joining of the European Union with an Arab Union stretching from Oman to Morocco, could announce to the world that he has sent a mental distress call to (what he could call) "My Father, our Lord Lucifer, to come with his legions of angels and rescue mankind from this murderous army of YHWH".

It's at this point that Lucifer (Satan) and his angels could be cast down out of heaven to the earth for good after losing a war in heaven (Revelation 12:7-9). But instead of coming down as a defeated force, they could descend for all the world to see in magnificent, gigantic golden spaceships onto the "Champ de Mars" (Mars being the same as Marduk, the chief god of ancient Babylon), the large open area in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. And Lucifer, a literal, seven-headed dragon (Revelation 12:3,9) could emerge in great splendor and command his legions of angels to destroy the army of 200,000,000 weird horse-like beings.

Lucifer could then confirm that he has come to rescue mankind because the Antichrist, who he could say is his only-begotten "Son", was able to send out a mental distress call to his "Father" Lucifer in heaven to come to the rescue with his legions of angels (like an Antichrist counterfeit of Matthew 26:53: "Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?"). Lucifer and the Antichrist could then be received wholeheartedly by the unsaved world as the saviors of mankind. And the unsaved world could be left thinking (mistakenly) that Lucifer and his angels were more powerful than even the main army of YHWH.

Lucifer and the Antichrist, along with the Antichrist's miracle-working False Prophet, will then deceive the world into actually worshipping Lucifer (the dragon) and the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast), and a speaking image of the Antichrist (Revelation 13:4-16, Revelation 19:20, 2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). And everyone will be made to receive a mark of the Antichrist either on their right hand or forehead, consisting of either the Antichrist's name or some representation of the gematrial number of his name (Revelation 13:16-18).

During his worldwide reign, the Antichrist will turn the world against YHWH, speaking terrible things against him (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36). The Antichrist could lie and say that it was YHWH who sent against mankind not only the army of 200,000,000 weird horse-like beings, but all the preceding, natural disasters of the tribulation (Revelation 6:12-14, Revelation 8:7-12), when in fact it could be Lucifer and his fallen angels who did all of that from behind the scenes, so that they could subsequently arrive on the world stage as if they were the good guys come to rescue mankind from YHWH.

They could promise mankind that they will help it to defeat YHWH and to escape (what they could call) "YHWH's vile prison house of this material universe, and return to the heavenly, spiritual realm of bliss, the Pleroma, where mankind existed in pure-spirit form from all eternity, before by some mishap mankind fell into YHWH's trap and became enmeshed in the material realm". This lie is what Gnosticism teaches. The Antichrist will be a Gnostic, for he will revile YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36) and deny that Christ is in the flesh (1 John 4:3). The Antichrist will at the same time also be a Luciferian, for he will bring the world into the worship of Lucifer (Satan) the dragon (Revelation 13:4). The Antichrist could present him to the world as (in his words) "Our Lord Lucifer, the Savior of mankind. He will free us from YHWH's tyranny and lead us back into the Pleroma to live in bliss forever".

After Lucifer and the Antichrist have completely deceived the world and ruled it ruthlessly for 3.5 years (Revelation 13:4-18), YHWH will send his seven vials of wrath (also called the seven last plagues: Revelation 21:9) against the unsaved world (Revelation 16). Those in the church who will still be alive on the earth at the time of the vials, still waiting for Jesus' second coming as a thief (Revelation 16:15), will go into protective chambers which they will have built for themselves on the earth (Isaiah 26:20), just as Noah and his family went into the protective ark which they had built for themselves on the earth (Genesis 7:7).

Near the end of the vials of wrath, unclean spirits like frogs will come out of the mouths of Lucifer (the dragon), the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) and the False Prophet (Revelation 16:13), and these unclean spirits like frogs will go forth and perform amazing miracles to convince the armies of the world to gather together at Armageddon (Har Megiddo: Mount Megiddo in northern Israel) (Revelation 16:16) in an attempt to fight and defeat YHWH himself (Revelation 16:14, Revelation 19:19). After gathering together at Armageddon, the armies will then travel south and pillage Jerusalem, right before Jesus Christ (who is YHWH: John 10:30) returns from heaven and defeats them completely (Zechariah 14:2-21, Revelation 19:21-20:6).

Jesus could return 1,335 days after the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing, android image of the Antichrist) is set up in the holy place of a third Jewish temple (Daniel 12:11-12, Matthew 24:15). The 75 days between the end of the 1,260 days of the worldwide reign of the Antichrist (Revelation 13:5-8, Revelation 12:6) and the return of Jesus (Revelation 19:7-21) could be taken up by the seven vials of God's wrath which will be poured out on the Antichrist and his followers (Revelation 16).

When Jesus returns, immediately after the coming tribulation of Revelation chapters 6-18/Matthew 24 (Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 19:7-21), he will descend bodily from heaven on a white horse (1 Thessalonians 4:16, Revelation 19:7-21, Zechariah 14:3-4, Acts 1:11-12) with all the holy angels (Matthew 25:31, 2 Thessalonians 1:7) for all the world to see (Matthew 24:27,30, Revelation 1:7). Then those in the church will be resurrected or changed in the twinkling of an eye into immortal bodies (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53, Revelation 20:4-6). Then the church will be caught up together/gathered together (raptured) (Matthew 24:31, 2 Thessalonians 2:1) only as high as the clouds of the sky to hold a meeting in the air with the returned Jesus (1 Thessalonians 4:17).

At that meeting, Jesus will judge the church (Psalms 50:4-5, cf. Mark 13:27, 2 Corinthians 5:10, Luke 12:45-48) and then marry the church (Revelation 19:7) in the clouds, before the church mounts white horses and descends back down from sky (the first heaven) with Jesus (Revelation 19:14) as he wages war against, and completely defeats, the armies of the world (Revelation 19:19,21). Jesus will at that time also defeat the Antichrist and the False Prophet (Revelation 19:20), and will have Lucifer/Satan bound in the bottomless pit for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:1-3).

Jesus will then make the marriage supper of Revelation 19:9 for the just-resurrected and married church in the earthly Jerusalem (Isaiah 25:6-9, 1 Corinthians 15:54), while the birds will feast on the corpses of the defeated armies of the world (Revelation 19:17-18). Then Jesus and the resurrected and changed church (1 Corinthians 15:51-53), including those in the church who had been beheaded by the Antichrist, will rule the surviving nations with a rod of iron for the full 1,000 years of the millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29, Psalms 2).

After the 1,000 years are over, Lucifer/Satan will be released from the bottomless pit and by deception bring about the Gog/Magog rebellion, only to be defeated for the last time (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39). At least seven years after the defeat of the Gog/Magog rebellion (Ezekiel 39:9b), the great white throne judgment will occur, in which all those who hadn't been resurrected and judged at Jesus' return will be resurrected and judged (Revelation 20:11-15). After the great white throne judgment, God will create a new heaven (a new first heaven: a new sky/atmosphere for the earth) and a new earth (a new surface for the earth) (Revelation 21:1, 2 Peter 3:10b,13).

Then God the Father will descend from the third heaven in the literal city of New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:2), the Father's house (John 14:2, Revelation 21:3), and he will dwell on the new earth with Jesus and the church in New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:3). In one area outside the walls of New Jerusalem on the new earth will be the lake of fire (Revelation 22:15, Revelation 21:8) in which all of unsaved humanity will be punished forever in fire and brimstone with Lucifer/Satan and his fallen angels (Revelation 20:10,15, Matthew 25:41,46).

---

zeke37 said in post #45:

i think a time will come when he will be cast out of heaven and here for a short time,
and pretend to be Jesus Christ.

Satan won't pretend to be Jesus Christ, because the Antichrist will deny that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22).

Instead, Satan could pretend to be the Christ, while the Antichrist's False Prophet could pretend to be Jesus.

See the "False Prophet" part of post #8.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

interpreter said in post #46:

There is no rapture because Jesus never mentions one.

Jesus mentioned the idea of the rapture (the gathering together) in Matthew 24:31.

The English word "rapture" is derived from the root of the Latin word "rapiemur", which is how the old Latin (Vulgate) translation of the Bible translated the original Greek word (harpazo) translated as "caught up" in the KJV of 1 Thessalonians 4:17. So the "rapture" is simply the church's being "caught up together" at Jesus Christ's second coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17), which is the same as the church's being "gathered together" at his second coming (2 Thessalonians 2:1, Matthew 24:30-31, Mark 13:26-27), which will occur immediately after the coming tribulation of Matthew 24/Revelation chapters 6-18 (Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 19:7-21).

Christians need to be wary of the mistaken idea that no rapture will occur at Jesus' second coming, because such an idea could be employed by the Antichrist's False Prophet (Revelation 19:20, Revelation 13:13-15) to fool some Christians into thinking that Christ's second coming has happened (Matthew 24:23-26) without Christ having to have raptured (caught up together/gathered together) the church to hold a meeting in the sky with Christ at his second coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, 2 Thessalonians 2:1, Matthew 24:30-31, Mark 13:26-27).

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

hiscosmicgoldfish said in post #37:

Its probably the theory of evolution which is doing its faith destroying work

The theory of evolution doesn't have to affect our faith at all. For evolution can co-exist with creationism, just as an automated process invented by a human (e.g. a computer program which creates random, colorful pictures which can be seen as art) can co-exist with that same human sometimes performing a task himself, directly (e.g. painting some pictures by hand).

Creationism includes what could be called the double-gap theory, meaning that there could have been two different gaps of time in Genesis chapters 1-2, the first gap having occurred between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, and the second gap having occurred between Genesis 2:4 and Genesis 2:5.

Genesis 1:1 could have occurred some 4.5 billion years ago, when God first created the planet earth and its atmosphere (the first heaven, in which the birds fly: cf. Genesis 1:20b). Between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, some 4.5 billion years could have occurred, in which God could have allowed his own created process of evolution (random mutation and survival of the fittest) to serve as a mechanism by which new species arose on the earth. During those same 4.5 billion years, God could have also sometimes gone outside of evolution and created new species miraculously, whenever he wanted (cf. punctuated equilibria).

Genesis 1:2 could refer to the condition of the earth only some 12,000 years ago (at the end of the Paleolithic period), after some cataclysm, such as a comet strike, had killed off all life on the planet (both evolved and miraculously created), and had submerged all land areas in water (comets contain huge amounts of water), and had ruined the atmosphere. The impact of the comet could have also knocked the earth out of its orbit around its original star, so that the earth was sent hurtling into the darkness of interstellar space. Genesis 1:3-2:4 could then refer to God, over a period of six literal, 24-hour days (some 12,000 years ago, at the start of the Neolithic period), miraculously restoring to the earth light, a good atmosphere, dry land, and life, including a race of male and female homo sapiens sapiens, after God had miraculously restored land plants (Genesis 1:11-13) and land animals (Genesis 1:24-25) to the earth.

Then, only about 6,000 years ago, God miraculously created on the earth an individual male homo sapiens sapiens named Adam in an uninhabited desert land (Genesis 2:5-7; the original Hebrew word translated there as "earth" can simply refer to a certain "land"; cf. Genesis 2:11). After that, God planted the plants of the Garden of Eden in that desert land (Genesis 2:8-9) and God placed Adam in that garden (Genesis 2:15). After that, God miraculously created the animals of the Garden of Eden (Genesis 2:19). After that, God miraculously created in the Garden of Eden an individual female homo sapiens sapiens (Genesis 2:22) whom Adam named Eve (Genesis 3:20).

If there were pre-Adamic humans existing on the earth when God created Adam, they could have died in the same ways people die today, and their descendants could have died during Noah's flood.

1 Corinthians 15:45 doesn't require that there were no pre-Adamic humans on the earth. For just as "the first day" in Philippians 1:5 doesn't have to mean "the first day" of Genesis 1:5, and just as "the first works" in Revelation 2:5 doesn't have to mean the first earthly works of Genesis 1:1, so "the first man" in 1 Corinthians 15:45 doesn't have to mean the first homo sapiens sapiens ever to exist on the earth. Instead, Adam could have simply been the first man of the Adamic line of homo sapiens sapiens, which could be the only male line alive on the earth today.

Because Adam was created only about 6,000 years ago, but there are homo sapiens sapiens fossils said to be as old as about 200,000 years, God could have first created homo sapiens sapiens (or it could have evolved by God's created process of evolution) as far back as about 200,000 years.

Also, all the different hominid forms the fossils of which long predate or are as old as the earliest fossils of homo sapiens sapiens, and which preceding or co-existing hominid forms we don't consider to have been fully human like us (such as homo sapiens neanderthalensis), could have all been created by God (or could have evolved by God's created process of evolution) over millions of years prior to the first appearance of homo sapiens sapiens on the earth.

And this doesn't even get into the possibly trillion other inhabited planets in the universe on which homo sapiens sapiens (or similar or far more advanced life-forms) could have been created by God (or could have evolved by God's created process of evolution) billions of years prior to the first appearance of homo sapiens sapiens on the earth. For the universe could be about 14 billion years old, and there are something like 100 billion different galaxies in the universe, each containing something like 100 billion different stars. So even if only one out of 10 billion stars in the universe has an inhabited planet, this would still mean that there are 1 trillion inhabited planets in the universe. And on most of these planets God could have begun his miraculous work (and the work of his created process of evolution) billions of years before beginning his miraculous work (and the work of his created process of evolution) on the earth.

-

The Bible doesn't require that the earth is only 6,000 years old (as is sometimes claimed). All the Bible requires is that Adam was created about 6,000 years ago. For various verses in the Bible make it possible to estimate the year BC that Adam (as opposed to the earth) was created, by working back from the year BC that Solomon's temple began to be built:

Historians say that Solomon's temple began to be built about 966 BC.
And 1 Kings 6:1 says that Solomon's temple began to be built 480 years after the Exodus of Israel from Egypt.
And Exodus 12:40-41 says that Israel had spent 430 years in Egypt before the Exodus.
And Genesis 47:9 shows that Israel entered Egypt when Jacob was 130 years old.
And Genesis 25:26 says that Jacob was born when his father Isaac was 60 years old.
And Genesis 21:5 says that Isaac was born when his father Abraham was 100 years old.
And Genesis 11:26 shows that Abraham was born when his father Terah was about 70 years old.
And Genesis 11:24 says that Terah was born when his father Nahor was 29 years old.
And Genesis 11:22 says that Nahor was born when his father Serug was 30 years old.
And Genesis 11:20 says that Serug was born when his father Reu was 32 years old.
And Genesis 11:18 says that Reu was born when his father Peleg was 30 years old.
And Genesis 11:16 says that Peleg was born when his father Eber was 34 years old.
And Genesis 11:14 says that Eber was born when his father Salah was 30 years old.
And Genesis 11:12 says that Salah was born when his father Arphaxad was 35 years old.
And Genesis 11:10 says that Arphaxad was born when his father Shem was 100 years old.
And Genesis 11:10 and Genesis 7:6 taken together show that Shem was born when his father Noah was 502 years old.
And Genesis 5:28-29 says that Noah was born when his father Lamech was 182 years old.
And Genesis 5:25 says that Lamech was born when his father Methuselah was 187 years old.
And Genesis 5:21 says that Methuselah was born when his father Enoch was 65 years old.
And Genesis 5:18 says that Enoch was born when his father Jared was 162 years old.
And Genesis 5:15 says that Jared was born when his father Mahalaleel was 65 years old.
And Genesis 5:12 says that Mahalaleel was born when his father Cainan was 70 years old.
And Genesis 5:9 says that Cainan was born when his father Enos was 90 years old.
And Genesis 5:6 says that Enos was born when his father Seth was 105 years old.
And Genesis 5:3 says that Seth was born when his father Adam was 130 years old.

Adding up all the numbers of years above, we see that Adam was created about 4114 BC. This lines up with the fact that our current human civilization began about 4,000 BC.

If Adam was created about 4114 BC, this means that 6,000 years since Adam's creation were completed back at the end of about 1886 AD, and that the seventh millennium since Adam's creation began about 1887 AD. (But this doesn't require that the millennium of Revelation 20:4-6 has begun yet.)

It's curious that the Mayan calendar begins in 3114 BC, exactly 1,000 years after 4114 BC, the possible date of Adam's creation.

The numbers of years in the list of scriptures above show that Abraham (who was first promised the land of Israel by God: Exodus 32:13) was born about 1948 years after the creation of Adam, just as the modern state of Israel was established in 1948 AD.

If Solomon's temple began to be built about 966 BC, then 1 Kings 6:1 means that the Exodus may have occurred about 1446 BC.

-

Regarding the claim above that our current human civilization began about 4,000 BC (subsequent to Adam's creation about 4114 BC), by "civilization" was meant "the stage of cultural development at which writing and the keeping of written records is attained" (Webster's, print-version); "The 4th millennium BC saw major changes in human culture. It marked the beginning of the Bronze Age and of writing. The city states of Sumer and the kingdom of Egypt were established and grew to prominence" (Wikipedia -- 4th millennium BC).

Regarding "civilization" being defined by Oxford Dictionaries as the "most advanced" stage of human social development and organization, our current human civilization (4th millennium BC to the present) is the most advanced stage of human social development and organization, compared to all known prehistoric (pre-4th millennium BC) stages.

-

Regarding the claim above that our current human civilization began about 4,000 BC, by "current" was meant that civilization which began in the 4th millennium BC and continues on today, as opposed to any pre-Adamic human civilizations which may have existed from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of years ago.

If there were pre-Adamic civilizations, they could have reached as high a level of technology as our modern technology today, for the Bible says "there is no new thing under the sun. Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us. There is no remembrance of former things" (Ecclesiastes 1:9-11). And even our future technology could have already been invented during past eons, for "that which is to be hath already been" (Ecclesiastes 3:15).

But all past-eons technology on the earth could have been completely obliterated by God, leaving no trace of it, just as all our own technology today (and in our future) will eventually be completely obliterated by God, when "the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up" (2 Peter 3:10b). Here by "earth" could be meant just the surface of the earth, for the planet itself could continue on forever (Ecclesiastes 1:4, Psalms 104:5, Psalms 78:69b), so that the future "new earth" (2 Peter 3:13, Revelation 21:1) could mean a new surface for the earth.

-

Regarding the claim above that our current human civilization began about 4,000 BC, by "human" was meant human civilization in general, as opposed to the civilization of any particular people (e.g. Mayan civilization).

Also, by "human" civilization was meant civilization started by humans as opposed to any non-human animals. For preceding the first human civilization, there could have been non-human mammalian civilizations some 65 to 2 million years ago, started by, for example, intelligent horse-like creatures (cf. Revelation 9:17-19), who could have rebelled against God and then been banished from the earth (and forced to live, perhaps, in underground bases somewhere away from the planet, such as on the far side of the moon and/or on Mars, for the future army of 200 million weird horse-like creatures in Revelation 9:16-19 will have to come from somewhere).

Preceding the first mammalian civilization, there could have been reptilian civilizations some 250 to 65 million years ago, started by, for example, intelligent dragon/dinosaur creatures (cf. Revelation 12:9).

And preceding the first reptilian civilization, there could have been amphibian civilizations some 350 to 250 million years ago, started by, for example, intelligent frog-like creatures, who could have rebelled against God and become unclean spirits (cf. Revelation 16:13).

And preceding the first amphibian civilization, there could have been insect civilizations some 450 to 350 million years ago, started by, for example, intelligent locust-like creatures (cf. Revelation 9:3-10), who could have rebelled against God and been banished to a cavern deep within the earth's crust (cf. Revelation 9:2-3,11).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

Bible2

hiscosmicgoldfish said in post #38:

if it was just the last day, then there could be no rapture at all, as the dead are raised after the millenial kingdom, those dead not in Christ, that's how I understand it.

In John 6:39 and John 12:48, the original Greek word translated as the last "day" (hemera, G2250) doesn't have to mean the last 24-hour day; it can be used figuratively to refer to a much longer period of time (e.g. see the Greek of 2 Corinthians 6:2, 2 Peter 3:8, and John 8:56). John 6:39 and John 12:48 will both occur in the last period of time of this present earth, but they won't occur on the same 24-hour day (Revelation 20:5).

At Jesus' second coming, only the saved will be resurrected and judged (1 Corinthians 15:21-23, Revelation 20:5, Psalms 50:3-5, cf. Mark 13:27; cf. Matthew 25:19-30, 2 Corinthians 5:10, Luke 12:45-48). The resurrected saved will then reign on the earth with Jesus for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29). Only sometime after the 1,000 years are over and the subsequent Gog/Magog rebellion is over (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39) will the rest of the dead be resurrected and judged at the white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11-15).

-

The last "days" began in the first century with Jesus Christ's first coming (Hebrews 1:2) and the Holy Spirit's coming at the Pentecost in Acts 2 (Acts 2:16-17). The last "days" are the last three roughly thousand-year "days" (cf. 2 Peter 3:8) of the seven roughly thousand-year "days" from the creation of Adam in roughly 4,000 BC to the future end of the present earth and creation of the new earth (Revelation 21:1) in roughly 3,000 AD. So the last "days" are the roughly 3,000 years from Jesus' first coming to sometime after the coming millennium (Revelation 20:4-6), which will be during the last roughly thousand-year "day".

-

Also, it should be pointed out that regarding John 5:28-29, it wasn't until much later (cf. John 16:12) that Jesus showed the apostle John that there will be two (still-unfulfilled) physical resurrections separated by a thousand years (Revelation 20:5). John 5:28-29 can include both of these resurrections, because the original Greek word translated as "hour" doesn't have to mean a literal hour, but can refer figuratively to any period of time. For example, the last "hour" of 1 John 2:18 (see the Greek) has been going on for the last two thousand years. So the "hour" of everyone's still-future physical resurrection (John 5:28-29) can easily span over a thousand-year period (Revelation 20:5).

Also, at both the first resurrection and the second resurrection, some people will undergo "the resurrection of life", while other people will undergo "the resurrection of damnation" (John 5:29). For the first resurrection, at Jesus' still-unfulfilled second coming (Revelation 19:7-20:6, 1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16), before the millennium (Revelation 20:4-6), will be of all those who became Christians (1 Corinthians 15:21-23), some of whom will lose their salvation at the second coming (e.g. Luke 12:45-46), so that their resurrection will be a "resurrection of damnation" (John 5:29), a resurrection "unto shame and everlasting contempt" (Daniel 12:2), because of such things as unrepentant sin (Hebrews 10:26-29), unrepentant laziness (Matthew 25:26,30), or apostasy (Hebrews 6:4-8).

The second resurrection, at the white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11-15), after the millennium and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7-15), will include all those of all times who never became Christians, and all those who became Christians during the millennium (Isaiah 66:19-21). At the white throne judgment, only those Christians who will lose their salvation (and so will have their names blotted out of the book of life: Revelation 3:5) will be cast into the lake of fire along with all non-Christians (Revelation 20:15).

---

Any Christians who were left behind after the rapture get the chop, or take the mark.

Regarding the idea of Christians being "left behind", note that Luke 17:26-37 and Matthew 24:37-41 aren't referring to a pre-trib rapture, but to what will happen at the second coming of Jesus. See the last part of post #16.

Also, note that not all Christians in the tribulation will get beheaded or take the mark. For there will be Christians who will be in God-protected wilderness places on the earth during the time of the Antichrist's 3.5-year worldwide reign (Revelation 12:6,14-16). They are those who will still be "alive and remain" on the earth at the second coming of Jesus to be raptured (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17) immediately after the tribulation (Mark 13:24-27, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8).

Also, there will be some unsaved elect Jews who will refuse to receive the mark and yet will survive, and so they will be able to be saved by Jesus when they see him in person at his second coming (Romans 11:25-29, Zechariah 12:10-14). Anyone who receives the mark can never be saved (Revelation 14:9-11).

---

I see the rapture as drawing the church age to a close

As was pointed out in post #9, there's no such thing as "the church age", because the church will continue on the earth throughout all ages (Ephesians 3:21). The church will continue on the earth during the coming tribulation (Matthew 24:9-13, Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4), and then during the subsequent millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29), and then on the subsequent new earth (Revelation 21:1-4).

---

i see the restraint as being removed, at the removal of the church, the Holy Spirit active in the world via the church

The restrainer of the Antichrist (2 Thessalonians 2:6-8) can't be the church or the Holy Spirit, because the church won't be removed (John 17:15,20, Proverbs 10:30): believers will still be on the earth during the 3.5-year worldwide reign of the Antichrist (Revelation 13:5-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4, Matthew 24:9-13), and there are no believers outside of the church (Ephesians 4:4-5), and no one can be a believer without the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:9). The restrainer of the Antichrist could be a powerful angel, like the angel who will restrain Satan at the second coming of Jesus Christ (Revelation 20:1-3).

The church won't restrain the Antichrist; instead, he will be allowed to physically overcome the church in every nation (Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6, Matthew 24:9-13), like, for example, how the Roman emperors and Satan were allowed to physically overcome some people in the church during the first century AD (e.g. Revelation 2:10), and even behead them, like Paul was beheaded; or throw them to the lions to be devoured alive, as a form of entertainment for the masses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Bible2,
I've changed my mind about the restrainer, i no longer think it is a reference to the rapture of the chuch, or the Holy Spirit active in the church, i think it more likely that Paul was being cryptic because he was meaning the Roman Empire itself would be removed. Then the son of perdition would be revealed.
I dont go along with evolution because i dont believe in it.
Whatever the restrainer was, the people who Paul was writing to already knew what it or he was, that was doing the restraining, as Paul said that they already knew what it was, so he was talking to them about it.
Calling the restrainer a he, probably refers to the Roman Emperor himself or themselves, while the empire survived.
The main reason i think this, is because if it were the Holy Spirit that Paul was meaning, he would have just said so plainly, and it seems a bit of a stretch for him to be meaning the rapture of the church.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

zeke37 said in post #57:

pre trib is not the blessed hope

That's right.

The blessed hope (Titus 2:13) is the hope of eternal life: "In hope of eternal life" (Titus 1:2), "that blessed hope" (Titus 2:13), "the hope of eternal life" (Titus 3:7), by which is meant the hope of obtaining an immortal, physical resurrection body (Romans 8:23-25, Philippians 3:21, Luke 24:39) at the second coming of Jesus (1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16, Revelation 19:7-20:6), which won't occur until immediately after the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6-18/Matthew 24 (Matthew 24:29-31, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7-20:6). Also, Jesus himself is our hope (1 Timothy 1:1b), for he himself is eternal life (John 14:6), and only by believing in him can we have eternal life (John 3:36).

Also, the glorious appearing of Jesus in Titus 2:13 is referring to Jesus' second coming, when he will appear in glory (Matthew 24:30).

Also, it should be pointed out that no Christians are hoping for the tribulation instead of Jesus' second coming, even though those Christians who (rightly) hold to the post-tribulation rapture view know that the tribulation must come first (Matthew 24:29-31, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7-20:6; cf. 1 Peter 4:12-13). For a Christian (whether male or female) who holds to the post-trib view is like a pregnant woman nearing the end of her term. She isn't hoping for her birthing pains instead of the birth of her child, but she knows that birthing pains must come first (John 16:21-22, Isaiah 26:17-19, 1 Corinthians 15:21-23).

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

hiscosmicgoldfish said in post #58:

I've changed my mind about the restrainer, i no longer think it is a reference to the rapture of the chuch, or the Holy Spirit active in the church, i think it more likely that Paul was being cryptic because he was meaning the Roman Empire itself would be removed.

Instead of the restrainer being the Roman Empire, it could be a powerful angel (see the last part of post #55), such as Michael the archangel.

Also, Michael being removed as the restrainer could include his being removed as a protecting angel over the U.S.A., the human world superpower which could also be currently restraining the Antichrist from taking over the world (see the "restrainer" part, and the subsequent U.S.A. being nuked by terrorists part, of post #13).

I dont go along with evolution because i dont believe in it.

Why not? For it's compatible with creationism (see post #54).

Whatever the restrainer was, the people who Paul was writing to already knew what it or he was, that was doing the restraining, as Paul said that they already knew what it was, so he was talking to them about it.

That's right.

For when Paul says, regarding the restrainer, "now ye know what withholdeth" (2 Thessalonians 2:6), he was addressing the first-century Thessalonians to whom he'd previously explained everything in person (2 Thessalonians 2:5).

Upvote 0