THE BIG T DOT
✟8,268.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Others
Yes, homosexuality is moral. Love is love. I can't say that enough. Why should the Church deny someone the right to love another person? The right to marry them, and spend the rest of their lives with them? Making it illegal is a violation of human rights.

Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
Here's the homosexuality thread:

Is homosexuality (with all of its implications) moral?
Why or why not?
It's moral to me because I believe it is right. Of course others believe it is wrong and therefore consider it immoral. It all depends on whom you ask. Morality and immorally are simply judgments assigned to certain acts. Your morality may be my immorality. Or vice versa.

Does it really even matter in the greater scheme of things of someone is homosexual or not?
Not even in the smaller scheme of things.

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The way the question is answered will depend on one's basis of morality. In my current moral view homosexuality isn't something that has moral implications. Thus asking if homosexuality is moral to me would be like asking what sound is the color blue. It wouldn't make sense.

Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
The way the question is answered will depend on one's basis of morality. In my current moral view homosexuality isn't something that has moral implications. Thus asking if homosexuality is moral to me would be like asking what sound is the color blue. It wouldn't make sense.
I think "homosexuality (with all of its implications)" referred to homosexual acts, rather than merely a homosexual orientation. Could be wrong of course.

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That still has no bearing on my moral compass. Homosexual acts from my own secular point of view have no moral framework. There may be positive and negative side effects but the act itself isn't something to be judged in a morality framework.

Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
That still has no bearing on my moral compass.
I don't believe I implied it did.

Homosexual acts from my own secular point of view have no moral framework.
What kinds of acts do have a moral framework? And what is it about such an act that gives it a moral framework

There may be positive and negative side effects but the act itself isn't something to be judged in a morality framework.
So by what criteria would these effects be judged positive and negative? Could it be their degree of good and/or bad? If not then how is there positivity and negativity arrived at?

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't think homosexuality is immoral. Now, a person who is gay of course can be anything from a virtuous individual to a very bad person. People are people and we all find ourselves somewhere in the big sea of grey. And as I have no ideology, be it social, political or religion to suddenly declare homosexuality gay. I confidently say my opinion wont change.

The most distinct memory I have on the matter was when I was very young. My parents had a neighbor who was gay. I can't remember her name. She was like Filipino's or something like that. Very very pretty woman. She had one of those shi-zu dogs, a very clean house and a nice girlfriend. I remember at that age, knowing about how others think of gays as bad and me wondering what the heck all the fuss was about.

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
To me, homosexuality in itself isn't an issue of morality, in the same way as, for example, being left-handed isn't an issue of morality. It doesn't make sense to say that homosexuality in itself is moral or immoral... it's just something that exists.

But when it comes to practice, homosexuality can be moral and can be immoral in exactly the same ways as heterosexuality. If two people are in a loving relationship, then it's a moral thing (no matter if it's a homosexual relationship or a heterosexual one) because it's something that brings happiness to both of them. :) But when someone's cheating on their partner, then it's an immoral thing no matter if they are cheating with a person of the opposite sex or a person with the same sex, because it still takes away the partner's happiness.

So... to me homosexuality in itself isn't an issue of morality, and homosexual acts can be moral or immoral in exactly the same way as heterosexual acts can be. :)

Reactions: Eve_Sundancer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robbie_James_Francis

May all beings have happiness and its causes
Apr 12, 2005
England, UK
✟20,261.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Just a note; it seems Autumnleaf has changed his tro.. spamming tactics. Instead of posting a million new threads, he's necromancing a million old threads.

Ah, good point. Whoops, sorry. I knew there was a reason I was meant to go straight to bed and not on the internet after getting home from the pub. :p

Upvote 0

thesolitaryone

Jun 14, 2010
✟408.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Its like stealing or killing someone. Just because the Bible speaks out against it doesn't mean I necessarily think its bad.
Stealing and killing someone are actions that hurt others. How does homosexuality hurt anyone at all? (And before you try to bring up AIDS, let me remind you that just about as many straight people have AIDS as gay people.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums