✟12,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Rev. 20:14
"This is the second death, the lake of fire."

Rev 20:6
Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Rev 21:8
"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

The first death is physical death, separation from physical life and the temporal world.
The second death is eternal separation from God.

The second death has no power over those who are raptured or raised when Christ returns to meet us in the air. We will reign with Him 1,000 years.

That's what Scripture says.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
what do you guys know of the second death? what IS the second death, is it a second level of Hell, or is it the flames of hell itself, or what?
The first death all of us suffer. Physical death, the end of this life. Christians do not suffer the "second death." That is the judgment at the Great White Throne, when those who did not know Christ in this life are cast into the Lake of Fire with the rebellious angels.

Upvote 0

Raymond M

Feb 6, 2012
✟7,688.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah I agree with the two posters above that the second death is indeed the lake of fire. In which Satan, the antichrist and all of there followers will be thrown in, including hell and death itself. I believe after the thousand years Satan will take his army which apparently has more followers then the grains of sand on a beach. Once they loose God will judge and those who are not in the book of life and are thrown into the lake of fire.

After words will we have a new earth and city to reign on for eternity. :)

(I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure I am close at least.)

Upvote 0

ashout

As Tall as Goliath and as fearsome too!
Oct 27, 2009
Home
✟10,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
if hell is thrown into the second death, then maybe hell is different from it?

2 Peter 2:4
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment;

so is hell a place people go to wait for the judgement, after which they will be thrown into the lake of fire which is the second death. perhaps HELL is the first death!

Upvote 0

Raymond M

Feb 6, 2012
✟7,688.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
As far as I know the physical death is the first death, and yes hell is a place for them to suffer while awaiting judgment. He throws hell into the lake of fire because there is no need for such a place anymore, unless his speaking metaphorically..Which I don't think he is.

Jesus made it very clear that physical death (the first death) is the least of someones problems, its the second death that's serious.

Upvote 0

ashout

As Tall as Goliath and as fearsome too!
Oct 27, 2009
Home
✟10,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As far as I know the physical death is the first death, and yes hell is a place for them to suffer while awaiting judgment. He throws hell into the lake of fire because there is no need for such a place anymore, unless his speaking metaphorically..Which I don't think he is.

Jesus made it very clear that physical death (the first death) is the least of someones problems, its the second death that's serious.

i think when he throws hell into the lake of fire, there will be people in it. they will probably be judged while they're in hell and becuase they were judged worthy of death, they will die again.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think the second death is death.
There is a first death, the death we die after our lives.
Jesus Christ returns on the last day, resurrecting everyone back to life.
There is a judgment. Those that Jesus Christ deems worthy go to eternal life.
The unworthy do not go to eternal life. Not having life is death. Since this is the second time these people have died, it's called the second death.

Those who are in Christ do not go to the second death. They are saved from death by putting their faith in the grace of Jesus Christ. No more death means that those who put their faith in Jesus Christ receive eternal life from Him. Those who reject Jesus Christ's offer of eternal life do not receive eternal life.

Upvote 0

VCViking

Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel...
Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The unworthy do not go to eternal life. Not having life is death. Since this is the second time these people have died, it's called the second death.

Those who are in Christ do not go to the second death. They are saved from death by putting their faith in the grace of Jesus Christ. No more death means that those who put their faith in Jesus Christ receive eternal life from Him. Those who reject Jesus Christ's offer of eternal life do not receive eternal life.

So you believe in the doctrine of annihilation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've said what I believe, and I've said it very well.

Upvote 0

Robs07M6S

Aug 2, 2011
✟8,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Yes he does, despite what he tells you or how many ways he may try to twist its meanings. I know this because I have personally interacted with this man on more than one discussion in this very topic.

Upvote 0

VCViking

Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel...
Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yes he does, despite what he tells you or how many ways he may try to twist its meanings. I know this because I have personally interacted with this man on more than one discussion in this very topic.

Thaks Rob.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe the bible is true. I don't twist any meanings. Destruction means destruction. Death means death, which is the opposite of alive. To perish means to perish. To perish does not mean "to live forever in hell".

Give me an example of when I have EVER twisted a meaning.

Upvote 0

Robs07M6S

Aug 2, 2011
✟8,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That's not answering my question. If you believe it then stand on it. Again, do you believe in the doctrine of anihilation?

I know right? I like how those who support Anihilation are to cowardly to just come out and admit that is what they believe in. Instead they have to beat around the bush about or attempt and changing the conversation.

Same with those around here who support the view of universalism, you would think if a person wasnt ashamed of what they supposedly believed in that they would just come out and say it without having to be so sneaky about it.

Oddly enough when I think about it I picture a wolf plotting and planning his attack on a pack of sheep. Hmmmmm.......:idea:

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't remember ever interacting with you.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know right? I like how those who support Anihilation are to cowardly to just come out and admit that is what they believe in. Instead they have to beat around the bush about or attempt and changing the conversation.

Same with those around here who support the view of universalism, you would think if a person wasnt ashamed of what they supposedly believed in that they would just come out and say it without having to be so sneaky about it.

Oddly enough when I think about it I picture a wolf plotting and planning his attack on a pack of sheep. Hmmmmm.......:idea:
How am I ashamed? I said exactly what I believe. If you have trouble slapping a label on it, how is that MY problem?

I'll say it again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.