Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
So we are going to attack white people now AND Evangelicals. And we are also going to lie about them.
Describing their understanding of what they see taking place is not "an attack" on anyone.

Why are you lying about people like this?
Do you consider it "lying" because Evangelicals don't hate immigrants?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Fewer White Evangelicals Want a Pathway to Citizenship for the Undocumented​

Christianity Today

People want immigrants to come here legally. They want the law abided by. Illegal immigrants are breaking the law and folks dont want lawbreakers to be given citizenship without going through the legal channels.

That's certainly not the same thing as "don't want them here period."

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Describing their understanding of what they see taking place is not "an attack" on anyone.

Except it's not taking place. Accusing them of not wanting them here period is a total lie. That's an absolute statement and it's completely false.

Do you consider it "lying" because Evangelicals don't hate immigrants?

Accusing someone of something that is false is lying about them.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Most "gotaways" enter this country through Visas. So let's put to bed the idea they are pulling the wool over someone's eyes because they are being coached.

We're not talking about those. We are talking about the ones coming across the boarder without a visa. THEY are the ones being coached.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
We're not talking about those. We are talking about the ones coming across the boarder without a visa. THEY are the ones being coached.
Those we see in pictures at the border are claiming refugee status. That claim is limited to political or war. We have diplomats in those countries. We know whether the claims of either are warranted or not. You can't coach that.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
People want immigrants to come here legally. They want the law abided by. Illegal immigrants are breaking the law and folks dont want lawbreakers to be given citizenship without going through the legal channels.

That's certainly not the same thing as "don't want them here period."
Claiming refugee status is a legal. Not only that, pathway to legal status is well, legal. So read the Christianity Today article again. It's White Evangelicals who are the group most likely not wanting even that.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Those we see in pictures at the border are claiming refugee status. That claim is limited to political or war. We have diplomats in those countries. We know whether the claims of either are warranted or not. You can't coach that.

Yes they are coached. All they have to claim is asylum and they are in. At least until hearings whenever that is.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Claiming refugee status is a legal. Not only that, pathway to legal status is well, legal. So read the Christianity Today article again. It's White Evangelicals who are the group most likely not wanting even that.

No we don't want pathway to citizenship for people who are here illegally. You are right.

You are backpedaling now. Cause you said we don't want the here period.

That's false and I showed you why it's false. We are more than happy to have people come and be part of our country if done legally.

Seeking asylum is a legal way to do it. But with the waves of people coming and claiming asylum only to be found not to be eligible is evidence that they are being coached.

Far too many of them claim asylum and then disappear. Yes most show up for their first hearing, but then they bail.on the later ones.

It's because they know they will be deported because they really didn't meet the requirements.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
No we don't want pathway to citizenship for people who are here illegally. You are right.

You are backpedaling now. Cause you said we don't want the here period.

That's false and I showed you why it's false. We are more than happy to have people come and be part of our country if done legally.

Seeking asylum is a legal way to do it. But with the waves of people coming and claiming asylum only to be found not to be eligible is evidence that they are being coached.

Far too many of them claim asylum and then disappear. Yes most show up for their first hearing, but then they bail.on the later ones.

It's because they know they will be deported because they really didn't meet the requirements.
Read what I wrote again. I said people who come here and turn themselves in claiming refugee status is LEGAL. There is no back peddling on my part. What I said is US Evangelicals. as the article notes, are the largest group of Americans who don't what to allow a pathway to citizenship period. From the article, "That makes white evangelicals the only religious group without a majority who support a pathway to citizenship, a difference that widens when limited to those who attend religious services weekly or more"

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Read what I wrote again. I said people who come here and turn themselves in claiming refugee status is LEGAL. There is no back peddling on my part. What I said is US Evangelicals. as the article notes, are the largest group of Americans who don't what to allow a pathway to citizenship period. From the article, "That makes white evangelicals the only religious group without a majority who support a pathway to citizenship, a difference that widens when limited to those who attend religious services weekly or more"

Okay let me try one last time. We dont want a pathway to citizenship for those who are here illegally. Period. Does that help?

If you are here legally and meet the requirements including meeting the requirements to be granted asylum, which over 90% of seekers don't, then we have no problem with citizenship. Does that help?

Your statement I situated we don't want citizenship.for anyone, legal or not. That's pure baloney. I'm trying to clear that up for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay let me try one last time. We dont want a pathway to citizenship for those who are here illegally. Period. Does that help?

If you are here legally and meet the requirements including meeting the requirements to be granted asylum, which over 90% of seekers don't, then we have no problem with citizenship. Does that help?

Your statement I situated we don't want citizenship.for anyone, legal or not. That's pure baloney. I'm trying to clear that up for you.
You both agree but continue to talk past one another.

Upvote 0