New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seriously, I feel I am entering a beautiful season of rest. The Lord kind of let me know to just be a good keeper of the home right now. I'm not sure what to do with this. For years I believe I have been fighting some weighty spiritual battles for the Lord in my own way. I feel so conditioned with spiritual warfare but I think I am to rest and I am not sure how.

Are seasons of rest even a thing? A real thing? I used to think that was an excuse for people to stop volunteering in children's church, lol. I believe I am to steer clear of certain Youtube channels that rial me up spiritually. It has been freeing. It is like I am more of an observer of the craziness going on around us these day.

I know some do better in the good times and some do better in the tough times. Praying to learn to handle both!

In Christ,
HappyHope

Reactions: Unqualified

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Possibly, you already know how Mary "sat at Jesus' feet and heard His word." (Luke 10:38-42)

But, lo and behold, what happened? Her sister Martha came and tried to keep her from so sharing with Jesus.

This is what can happen. While God is blessing us, Satan can be allowed to attack and test us with even the exact opposite. But then God proves Himself, in all He is committed to doing with us >

"You prepare a table before Me in the presence of my enemies" (in Psalm 23:5).

In the case of Jesus with Mary, we see how He stands up for her and says she has chosen the good part which will not be taken from her.

But He does this in the presence of Martha . . . so Martha can benefit.

So, while we rest in Jesus, I see we do well to care about others, like how Jesus cared about Martha, though she was wrong.

As God proves Himself to us in His rest, then, have hope in prayer for others to also be so blessed.

Rest is not only a retreat, then, but His rest has His power in us to keep us in rest, right while the enemy attacks . . . right while there is all the evil around us.

"'Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, for your redemption draws near.'" (Luke 21:28)

So, yes we see the evil Jesus says would come. And look up, be uplifted, instead of allowing evil to have power over us to decide how we are and how we see things.

And, like I mean . . . in His love not only are we comforted, but we are caring about others and ministering the effect of God's love to others.

For example, with other children of God > 2 Corinthians 1:3-4.

So our rest in Christ is not defensive and protecting us in weakness > but > as we pray the way God's word says to pray >

"the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (in Philippians 4:6-7)

By the way, I did a video of about thirteen minutes about living in God's peace > you can find this by searching YouTube with "obey God in His peace".

• Friendly
Reactions: HappyHope
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rest and replenishment are necessary for balance and peace. Nature provides an example. There's periods of growth and activity and seasons of loss and dormancy. We've forgotten the rhythms of life due to busyness. Slowing down is restorative. Some people never stop until something breaks down and they're forced to do so.

Enjoy your nesting. :)

Yours in His Service,

~bella

• Friendly
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seriously, I feel I am entering a beautiful season of rest. The Lord kind of let me know to just be a good keeper of the home right now. I'm not sure what to do with this. For years I believe I have been fighting some weighty spiritual battles for the Lord in my own way. I feel so conditioned with spiritual warfare but I think I am to rest and I am not sure how.

Are seasons of rest even a thing? A real thing? I used to think that was an excuse for people to stop volunteering in children's church, lol. I believe I am to steer clear of certain Youtube channels that rial me up spiritually. It has been freeing. It is like I am more of an observer of the craziness going on around us these day.

I know some do better in the good times and some do better in the tough times. Praying to learn to handle both!

In Christ,
HappyHope

Blessings in Christ Jesus! You are correct. When I asked what He wanted me to do in the mist of all of this, He said, "I want you to rest".

• Friendly
Upvote 0