Objectivist
Sep 9, 2003
White Rock
✟7,455.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Others
Creationism, we all know and love this entertaining pseudo-scientific religion which off-shoots from fundamentalist Christian doctrine.

At best, it's arguments are outdated, and fail to attack any of the new knowledge we have uncovered concerning evolution. At worst, it seeks to attack everything from Pigliucci to High School textbooks.

What exactly do they say about the textbooks?

"Haeckels Embryo's are still in Evolution Textbooks!!!" - I took the liberty of borrowing my sisters grade 12 textbook...which doesn't define itself as "Evolution" but as "Biology". I looked and looked and looked, and nowhere was there to be found Haeckel or his Embryo's.

"Evolution says we came from rocks!" - Amazingly enough, this also was not mentioned in my sisters biology textbook. There was mention of Abiogenesis, however, but it was fleeting, and did not go in depth.

"Text books teach our children evolution is fact!!" - Hmmm...once again I perused my sisters textbook, and it clearly stated that Evolution was a Scientific Theory. Nowhere did it state that evolution was a fact. It even defined a theory for us in the textbook.

This textbook was from 1996.

Evolution - 1 Gagillion
Creationism - 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
StormeTorque said:
There seems to be enough strawmen within these creationist books to light a hundred bonfires - or, you could always use the book itself - I've heard creation science books make very good tinder. :D
On the plus side, they do keeps the crows away.

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
Cool, I have a unicorn too. He used to play in the backyard of my parents where he would play with the unicorns of my sister and brother. However, since I now have an appartment of my own, he is standing dutifully on the 8 square meter balcony. It is amazing that he can stand there even when the balcony is full, but nobody will notice him except me!
He does miss the other unicorns though. I told him he could go to my parents backyard and be happy there, but he refused. Their loyal animals, unicorns they are.

Upvote 0

Mistermystery

Here's looking at you kid
Apr 19, 2004
✟5,275.00
Faith
Atheist
I have no magical invisible unicorn, however my garden is pretty sweet:

GARDEN1.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mistermystery

Here's looking at you kid
Apr 19, 2004
✟5,275.00
Faith
Atheist
Oncedeceived said:
Wow, Mistermystery!!! Beautiful.

uh, about the invisible unicorn........
Yes? what about it?

Is that your garden MM?
I may make okay pictures, but this isn't one of them. I'll send you some over later tonight of my own garden. Notice that I gave credit to the real photographer (small kodak logo in the corner)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mistermystery said:
Yes? what about it?

Don't look now but......

I may make okay pictures, but this isn't one of them. I'll send you some over later tonight of my own garden. Notice that I gave credit to the real photographer (small kodak logo in the corner)

Ah, missed that little logo thingy.

Okay, but remember smmmmmaaaalllllll. :D

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
Oncedeceived said:
Scientifically impossible, it is a known fact that pancakes were developed after sausage. Sheesh, you really need to study these things prior to making such wild claims.
;)
Nonsense. Cows give milk, which is needed for pancakes. You can only get sausages after you've milked the cow first, which means pancakes came first. And don't come with the argument that sausages are made from porc or that people might have not milked cows before eating them. Everybody know this is not true for the arch-sausage.:doh:

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tomk80 said:
Nonsense. Cows give milk, which is needed for pancakes. You can only get sausages after you've milked the cow first, which means pancakes came first. And don't come with the argument that sausages are made from porc or that people might have not milked cows before eating them. Everybody know this is not true for the arch-sausage.:doh:

This is a logically impossible...How does one milk a dead partially eaten cow?

The arch-sausage never existed. :)

Upvote 0