Search intensifies for Malaysian airliner and 239 people, rescue ships head to sea

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder when they are going to give up on the search.

It will have to be scaled back at some point, but will never end completely until the plane is found.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

leftrightleftrightleft

Jul 14, 2009
Canada
✟22,986.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This whole thing is fodder for a host of conspiracy theories. This article from the BBC posits 10 possible theories for what happened to the plane:

BBC News - Missing Malaysia plane: 10 theories examined

Hidden in that list, amongst absolutely ridiculous theories, is the most plausible one (#5 on the list): there was a fire on board, the plane attempted to turn around and land at the nearest airport before going down.

Also, the main criticism of this theory is this: "But [the] theory has been disputed. If the course was changed during a major emergency, one might expect it to be done using manual control. But the left turn was the result of someone in the cockpit typing "seven or eight keystrokes into a computer on a knee-high pedestal between the captain and the first officer, according to officials"

Umm…how the heck could they know that the command had been issued using seven or eight keystrokes from a knee-high pedestal between the captain and the first officer? How can they know that amazing amount of detail, yet fail to know whether the plane is in Kazakhstan or the South Indian ocean?

I still maintain that there was no plot. No terrorism. The plane went down. I may be proven wrong when they find the plane, but I'm still sticking to that story because it seems the most plausible.

The main reason I don't see terrorism is that no one has claimed responsibility. What are the hijackers doing with the plane? What is their motive? Without a motive, I fail to see hijacking as a plausible solution.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This whole thing is fodder for a host of conspiracy theories. This article from the BBC posits 10 possible theories for what happened to the plane:

BBC News - Missing Malaysia plane: 10 theories examined

Hidden in that list, amongst absolutely ridiculous theories, is the most plausible one (#5 on the list): there was a fire on board, the plane attempted to turn around and land at the nearest airport before going down.

Also, the main criticism of this theory is this: "But [the] theory has been disputed. If the course was changed during a major emergency, one might expect it to be done using manual control. But the left turn was the result of someone in the cockpit typing "seven or eight keystrokes into a computer on a knee-high pedestal between the captain and the first officer, according to officials"

Umm…how the heck could they know that the command had been issued using seven or eight keystrokes from a knee-high pedestal between the captain and the first officer? How can they know that amazing amount of detail, yet fail to know whether the plane is in Kazakhstan or the South Indian ocean?

I still maintain that there was no plot. No terrorism. The plane went down. I may be proven wrong when they find the plane, but I'm still sticking to that story because it seems the most plausible.

The main reason I don't see terrorism is that no one has claimed responsibility. What are the hijackers doing with the plane? What is their motive? Without a motive, I fail to see hijacking as a plausible solution.

The problem with this whole thing, is whether the information we are getting is accurate or not. If it is, I find the fire scenario possible, but not as likely as human intervention to take the plane off course with no fire.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I'll bite.

For what purpose?

Go to flight radar 24 dot com and look at how much traffic is in the air at any one time. The plane could be refitted, the transponders reprogramed and the thing could be flown into practically any metro area in the world.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
I think they know exactly where this plane is and it's getting annoying that they are not telling anything about it.

This reminds me of the sort of thing someone else I know comes out with a lot (albeit on a totally different subject) - "they know where it is, they're just not telling us!!!" What if "they", whoever "they" are genuinely know nothing of the 'plane's whereabouts? What if it genuinely is missing, most likely crashed somewhere?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Go to flight radar 24 dot com and look at how much traffic is in the air at any one time. The plane could be refitted, the transponders reprogramed and the thing could be flown into practically any metro area in the world.

and?

9/11 showed us what we can do with one jet.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who knows...the information we receive is constantly changing. I have stopped wondering because I don't trust all of these stories that sometimes change within a few hours.

Ever consider that updated information changes the story?????????

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The updates are too conflicted. Even the searchers have pulled back a couple of times because they were sent on wild goose chases.

Unlike some posters here, it is OK to change as new information comes in. This story will play out for months, even years.

Upvote 0

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟11,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unlike some posters here, it is OK to change as new information comes in. This story will play out for months, even years.
It is okay to get hone a search as new information becomes available. The problem with this flight is the 180's that have been going back and forth. I can see why the searchers became frustrated and actually stopped operations a few times. Very uncoordinated.

Upvote 0