✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
StormyOne said:
There is no hate and that's the point you seem not to be able to comprehend... This church has good and bad... I see it all, and have made my peace with it... In spite of your hatefulness towards me Honor and let's face it you don't know me and I don't know you, you are still my sister in Christ and I have treated you as such... while you continue to attempt to kick me to the curb, I respectfully decline....

I indicated that I have a degree in psychology, I did not say I was a psychologist.... there is a difference...

Why do you think I'm being hateful towards you--I'm NOT!! I'm just sincerelu offering you my opinion of what you are doing here. Your every post is very negative. I've heard you say nothing positive about the curch. Your total focus is on the BAD things--it just gets old Stormy.
You make the statement that I do not know you--I disagree. Everytime you post I get to know you more and more. I am not allowed to speak the truth because of the rules in this forum, but I'm sure you get my drift. You said I'm kicking YOU to the curb--no--I'm kicking your negativity to the curb--many are just very sick & tired of having to read it constantly. We have asked you kindly so many times to stop posting such down and negative threads all the time, but you refuse. As I said in my above post--misery loves company.

Upvote 0

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
payattention said:
I did not claim to have influence over her. My remarks were directed at those who have influence over her. It is obvious that none of them has spoken to her privately judging by the posts I have read. My first post on this forum was posted this weekend. Why have they left her like this?

I think you should leave her alone. Tall is right.

There is plenty of time for her to see the "warts" that you and some others just can't stand for the rest of us not to focus on.

I'm very proud of Windmill, she has shown maturity beyond her tender years. She IS a child of God, and she loves her church, there is nothing wrong with that.

I say, "leave her be".

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
honorthesabbath said:
Why do you think I'm being hateful towards you--I'm NOT!! I'm just sincerelu offering you my opinion of what you are doing here. Your every post is very negative. I've heard you say nothing positive about the curch. Your total focus is on the BAD things--it just gets old Stormy.
You make the statement that I do not know you--I disagree. Everytime you post I get to know you more and more. I am not allowed to speak the truth because of the rules in this forum, but I'm sure you get my drift. You said I'm kicking YOU to the curb--no--I'm kicking your negativity to the curb--many are just very sick & tired of having to read it constantly. We have asked you kindly so many times to stop posting such down and negative threads all the time, but you refuse. As I said in my above post--misery loves company.

Read and reread.... then ask yourself... are you content with what you have or are you searching... EGW was clear... we are to continue to search.....

But as real spiritual life declines, it has ever been the tendency to cease to advance in the knowledge of the truth. Men rest satisfied with the light already received from God's word and discourage any further
investigation of the Scriptures. They become conservative and seek to avoid discussion. {5T 706.2}
The fact that there is no controversy or agitation among God's people should not be regarded as conclusive evidence that they are holding fast to sound doctrine. There is reason to fear that they may not be clearly discriminating between truth and error. When no new questions are started by investigation of the Scriptures, when no difference of opinion arises which will set men to searching the Bible for themselves to make sure that they have the truth, there will be many now, as in ancient times, who will hold to tradition and worship they know not what. {5T 707.1}
I have been shown that many who profess to have a knowledge of present truth know not what they believe. They do not understand the evidences of their faith. They have no just appreciation of the work for the present time. When the time of trial shall come, there are men now preaching to others who will find, upon examining the positions they hold, that there are many things for which they can give no satisfactory reason.

Upvote 0

payattention

Sep 23, 2005
✟903.00
Faith
SDA
SassySDA said:
I think you should leave her alone. Tall is right.

There is plenty of time for her to see the "warts" that you and some others just can't stand for the rest of us not to focus on.
What warts are you talking about? I commented on her exchange with Stormy and was careful to say I was not taking sides, but you seem quick to make a judgment concerning me. I simply indicated to Windmill where her argument was suspect. It is suspect without regard to whether she is right or wrong. I would hope she would learn from the experience how to properly structure an argument in the future. It is your responsibilility as an adult to help her grow in this privotal area of her development.

Upvote 0

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
payattention said:
What warts are you talking about? I commented on her exchange with Stormy and was careful to say I was not taking sides, but you seem quick to make a judgment concerning me. I simply indicated to Windmill where her argument was suspect. It is suspect without regard to whether she is right or wrong. I would hope she would learn from the experience how to properly structure an argument in the future. It is your responsibilility as an adult to help her grow in this privotal area of her development.

My comment still stands...

leave her be.

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
jonno said:
First of all, does my name appear feminine?:D At least my wife thinks its funny.
Just curious to know what you percieve to be the church or body of Christ and how the adventist organisation (as you describe it ) fits in your perception. From your reply it appears as if the Lord solely concentrates on the adventist church. I do not wish to put words in your mouth so please clarify. I have some more questions on your reply but this will suffice for now.
Thank you for graciously entertaining my questions
blessings to you bro;)

Jonno--My most humble and heartfelt apologies for screwing up your gender!!! It was an innocent oversight I assure you. The name Jonno to me is generic. I have a very good friend who's name is Jona and is female. So when I saw your name, it was so close, that I just assumed it was female. So again--I AM terribly sorry for the booboo.

To answer your question about the "church" and the body of Christ, let me say this. The "body of Christ" are those ppl who world-wide, in spite of demonination, love and obey the Lord. They have decided to make Him the LORD of their lives and have renounced and forsaken sin. They, as far as the light that has shone on them, walk in that light with joy and love. When, in THIS forum I refer to the "church", I am specifically referring to the SDA church. Well--lol--because after all, this IS suppose to be an SDA forum. And this is why I am upset with some in here that want to blur the lines of what the SDA church stands for. I have been harshly criticised for speaking out strongly in favor of the standards that make the SDA church, the SDA church. And yes Jonno, we have a few doctrines that set us apart from any other Christian demonination on the face of this earth. And whats more--I believe them to be totally scriptural. I apologise if I have upset you as well. I certainly don't want to hurt or offend anyone. But I will never stand down from or compromise truth for unity though the heavens be no more. These ppl are attacking the very foundational truths on which the Advent church is based--and yet they have no scriptural basis for it. Undoubtedly they have visted some anti-SDA web sites--and because they have no solid understanding of the word of God, they now have apostacized and want others to do the same. I will not do that!! So they can call me names and bash me all they want to--I know they sense my strength and it angers them. This is why they target me for their tiraids. Many others in this forum say the exact same things I say--and yet I am heavily censured for saying them. Oh well--such is life. "Happy are ye when men revile you"!!

I hope I have answered your questions clearly. I hope to chat with again soon.
Have a blessed Lord's Day today....Honor

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
StormyOne said:
Ummmm NO I did not.... I am not going anywhere and you cannot run me off...

Ummm--I often wonder why it's hard for ppl to stay on tract. My comment meant that you had disfellowshiped yourself from the SDA fellowship--NOT this forum. Geesh!! :sleep:

Upvote 0

payattention

Sep 23, 2005
✟903.00
Faith
SDA
honorthesabbath said:
So they can call me names and bash me all they want to--I know they sense my strength and it angers them. This is why they target me for their tiraids. Many others in this forum say the exact same things I say--and yet I am heavily censured for saying them. Oh well--such is life. "Happy are ye when men revile you"!!
There is never any good reason to call anyone names or to bash them. In fact, I think this forum has rules against that. You are encouraged to report those posts so that the moderators can enforce the rules and standards of the forum. They have that power. I just wish we could get to the point where we can disagree without being disagreeable. I often wonder why there is so much hatred among the followers of the God of love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
honorthesabbath said:
Ummm--I often wonder why it's hard for ppl to stay on tract. My comment meant that you had disfellowshiped yourself from the SDA fellowship--NOT this forum. Geesh!! :sleep:

Now how can you say this about someone whom you don't even know?

How do you know Stormy doesn't have SDA friends whom he fellowships with regularly?

How can you be so certain he disfellowshipped himself?

I have to say that you are one of the most judgmental SDAs I ever did come across!

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
woobadooba said:

How do you know Stormy doesn't have SDA friends whom he fellowships with regularly?

I have to say that you are one of the most judgmental SDAs I ever did come across!

Thank you Woobad, in fact shortly I will be going to choir rehersal because I sing in the choir... and the church i attend has about 2500 members..... oh and I have received a few phone calls recently from a few churches who want me to come and speak to them and teach sabbath school... like I continue to say.... people here don't know me.....

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since we seem to have 4 topics (one locked) with the same general theme, I will repost this:

I really think this forum would benefit from a thread dedicated to tough questions. Then they could be hashed out in a known spot, and those not wanting that could just avoid it. It could be a sub-forum, one thread, or even what we did at another forum, we could designate it as a HOT TOPIC in the title.

If it was agreeable to folks a sticky could be made explaining the idea. A standard disclaimer could then be posted at the beginning of a post that was designated a HOT TOPIC.

Here is a possible disclaimer:

-------------

DISCLAIMER!
This thread has been labled a HOT TOPIC. This indicates that the topic could be of a controversial nature. It is possible that some posts will not conform with standard Adventist doctrine. The official statement of the church on fundamental doctrines is found here: http://www.christianforums.com/t1956403-official-sda-fundamental-beliefs.html
If you are bothered by controversial topics, or primarily wish to use these forums for fellowship you might not wish to post in this thread.
DISCLAIMER!

-------------

The disclaimer template could be put in the sticky, and then the original poster could include it, or a mod could if it was deemed necessary.

All of the usual rules of conduct would still apply, but it would give some warning that it might not be a topic they would enjoy. It would also give some indication that it might not be consistent with SDA doctrine in all respects.

this would allow people who wish to examine questions the liberty to do so, as well as freeing others from the burden of constantly reminding folks that the insights might not fit traditional teachings.

Upvote 0

payattention

Sep 23, 2005
✟903.00
Faith
SDA
StormyOne said:
Thank you Woobad, in fact shortly I will be going to choir rehersal because I sing in the choir... and the church i attend has about 2500 members..... oh and I have received a few phone calls recently from a few churches who want me to come and speak to them and teach sabbath school... like I continue to say.... people here don't know me.....
I see no need to give your bona fides. Some people called Jesus a devil because He did not fit into their mold.

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
woobadooba said:

No Comment--I'd get banned!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
tall73 said:
That is a bit of a stretch there. Considering that most kids are busy engaged in pleasure at her age, let us be glad she has a burden for the word of the Lord at all. Were not most of us more rigid when we first started out? She is simply finding out a great many things. That is a good thing. She has time later to have all the doubts etc. that age sometimes brings. Let her become grounded in the essentials of the truth first, and she will have time later to look at all the nuances.

Also, age in itself is not always a teacher as we are reminded in Hebrews:

I too see some inflexibility in Windmill, but no more than I see in myself during those first years of faith.

And this is where this conversation is proven to be detrimental. We are attacking the ones we ought to be nurturing, and dictating to ones that we have no business dictating to.

Yes, we all took an oath when we joined the church. I still stand by my oath. But that does not mean that some of the things in that oath might not be questionable as to whether they should be required.

EGW for instance said that her writings should NOT be a test of fellowship. But most of the baptismal certificates I see make them one. Should they? Why should we use her writings in a way she did not intend?

As any institution goes from movement to institution, from mission, to policy, there are those who want to tighten the reigns to make sure everyone stays in line. Why not rather energize the mission, the passion for the truth that will bring its own reform?

And I firmly believe that that reform will include investigation.

Please ponder the following statements from the 5th volume of the testimonies:

Amen Tall--no matter how you may feel about me--I cannot possibly understand why these "ppl" would pick so viciously on a CHILD!!!!!! And as you say--Windmill could be like most teens her age--totally clueless as to Christ or the scriptures!! So SHAME --SHAME-- SHAME on those that didn't have the Spirit of the living God in them to "gently" correct (if she needed it) her.

Thank you-Honor

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
woobadooba said:
I realize that you have good intentions, but we tried to be patient with her, and it didn't work.

She insulted us repeatedly by implying that we aren't true SDAs.

What makes you think that this response would be any different if you wrote to her in private?

If that is what you want to do, then go ahead and do it. Be her mentor. She needs one, as we all do.

But don't try to put a guilt trip on us because we didn't do it your way.

You have no right to do that!

Ahhh--who's suppose to be the ADULTS here???

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
payattention said:
There is never any good reason to call anyone names or to bash them. In fact, I think this forum has rules against that. You are encouraged to report those posts so that the moderators can enforce the rules and standards of the forum. They have that power. I just wish we could get to the point where we can disagree without being disagreeable. I often wonder why there is so much hatred among the followers of the God of love.

I cannot comment on this--it's against the rules.

Rule No. 7 - Miscellaneous
7.1 You will not post in a disparaging or argumentative manner about a moderator or staff member's actions in any public area of the site including the Chatbox. The exception is through the Staff Feedback Form found here which is reposted in the private Staff Appeals (when a member appeals an official warning) or public Staff Praise forums. This is a formal staff feedback process that should be followed to ensure that the matter is investigated properly and by the right people. Alternatively, a member may report a staff member directly to his staff team leader.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.