Somewhere in God's Creation.
✟17,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Haha pretty much. I see it as Hollywood religion. Plastic over everything and remedy that plastic with more plastic.

Metaphorically of course.

Exp-
It seems as if the religion is a well written work of literature crafted by the author. Dianetics is pretty much self help to help the impurities of your former ways. Just really bizarre to me. And the alien thing is just too weird.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrickUponBrick

One Among The Fence
May 31, 2011
Missouri
✟7,739.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Haha pretty much. I see it as Hollywood religion. Plastic over everything and remedy that plastic with more plastic.

Metaphorically of course.

Exp-
It seems as if the religion is a well written work of literature crafted by the author. Dianetics is pretty much self help to help the impurities of your former ways. Just really bizarre to me. And the alien thing is just too weird.

Yeah, agreed. I have a hard time believing a religion started by a sci-fi writer. Plus, there is so much controversy with some of the people in it, as far as child labor and abuse. But then again, a lot of religions have similar problems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristianT

Newbie Orthodox
Nov 4, 2011
Somewhere in God's Creation.
✟17,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I Eat Pie said:
They offer lots of classes to help people out in life. idk if there's a God involved though.

No, it's self-help and realizing how your past sins must be cleansed by therapy and workouts at the gym.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chany

Uncertain Absurdist
Nov 29, 2011
In bed
✟15,379.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ah nice. They say people of all faiths are involved in Scientology, including my own.

I already have a God so it's ok.

Keep in mind it still has a religious aspect to it. It lacks a deity, but is, for lack of a better term, religion.

Upvote 0

Chany

Uncertain Absurdist
Nov 29, 2011
In bed
✟15,379.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What do you think of people practicing multiple faiths?

It makes no logical sense and the person in question doesn't understand the faiths they claim to practice. I can't be a Muslim and a Christian at the same time: they contradict each other.

Upvote 0