• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Scientific method: if I have the theory, I can't be startled - all I need is to test...

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Gottservant, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Gottservant

Gottservant God loves your words, may men love them also Supporter

+535
    Messianic
    ...is how startled I would have been?
    If the theory helps me discern how startled I am, from how startled I would have been: I can commit to being righteous, about how effective the startling I am is to others, who do not have the same angle, on the same truth (as they would have, if they had that theory).

Put simply, a good Evolutionist, is not shocking about what happened in the past, for the sake of what is startling about the future I am going to. The more it becomes about the startling that I am going to, the less shocking that future becomes - the more dependably I can adapt, the more consistently I can forevisage and the more final, enacting that startling can perfect. Thus there is a mystery, to my Evolution - which is not explained by the pressures of my past.

The only thing that can undo me, is testing the Evolution, irrespective of the mystery surrounding it. If i desire to shock people, with the truth, it is not the truth; if I desire to take pleasure in shocking myself, it is not the truth; if it is that both the shocking and the past agree, it is not the truth: they cannot agree. This is something that practice with the test, will prove. Thus Evolution, shocks less - this is the truth.

The point being that the spirit of the adapation, can never outstrip the startling effect the adaptation had on the me, the individual, before the test demonstrates that there is a difference between the "startling" and the mystery, granted by the Evolution. In other words, its not true, until the intial vulnerability confirms the adaptation, nested in the confidence I have about remaining quiet about what else the Evolution might be. The Evolution ages, it doesn't grow.

I will try to be clearer, about what I failed to foreknow about Evolution, in future posts - but I am not going to start confessing sins to you, when that was God's place... to receive from me, the praise that vigor in me, because the Spirit (of Mankind) speaks in me, causes Him to deserve.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+8,522
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    D-

3. Warden_of_the_Storm

Warden_of_the_Storm Well-Known Member

+4,726
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Nope. Didn't understand a thing.
    You REALLY need to work on your knowledge.

4. Hans Blaster

Hans Blaster On campaign in Georgia

+4,506
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    When you can, then post, not before.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Gottservant

+535
    Messianic
    I think what is lacking, is that there is no clear way to impart "Evolution" - basically because whenever you do, you include information that twists the meaning, along an unpredictable path.

If you can impart it, you can develop your conditioning in it.

I'm not saying there aren't dangers in imparting or conditioning the wrong way, but that it is more than worth it to practice (impartation, if not conditioning).

Even philosophy develops schools of thought, and that takes no foundation but a love of wisdom (what is it that Evolution is a love of ?).

6. Gottservant

+535
    Messianic
    Theory. Impartation. Conditioning.

7. Hans Blaster

Hans Blaster On campaign in Georgia

+4,506
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    What?

8. Warden_of_the_Storm

Warden_of_the_Storm Well-Known Member

+4,726
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Evolution isn't a philosophy or something to impart or something to be a love of. It is simply a description of biological change in a species of organisms.

9. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+6,854
    Atheist
    Honestly, I wouldn't bother. Clearer word salad is still word salad.

10. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+8,522
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    Don't discourage it too much. It's how I get my five-a-day.

11. Phred

Phred Junior Mint

+960
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Democrat