Nov 28, 2005
Syracuse, Ny
✟397.00
Faith
Seeker
Politics
US-Green
LVdesigns said:
Science has basically become a pawn in the "battle" between beleif and dis-belief. Just because some people use it to prove or disprove god, doesn't mean that this is the ultimate aim of science. But, I guess that wasn't the point of this thread. The point is that science and religion shouldn't mix.

Well, I guess that's up to you. When I believed I saw science and the study of origins as a window into the workings of god, but that was just my opinion. Others are free to personally reject or accept whatever they want. I don't care as long as these beliefs are not forced on others.

Now to the matter at hand. If anyone has actually read my argument(except for the first line) then I would enjoy your input; in the order that I may further mold my argument.
Whatever Light you may have to reveal to me, I shall consider and then render, the necessary, into my argument.

Upvote 0

Mocca

MokAce - Priest of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Jan 1, 2006
✟16,937.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Species8472 said:
Anyone ever see the discovery channels' Science of the bible. What do they intend to prove or disprove if it not be to support or debunk the life of Jesus Christ.
So there is an example of how scientists wish to prove or disprove the existence of God--that which they invoke so pathetically with such programming.
What is the Ultimate destination(or goal) of science. Is it to theorize blindly into the noth? Is it to peel the layers of the world like an onion? To leave life as a corpse? Is it to destroy religion and spirituality--to topple belief by sacrilege?
Exactly, my whole point is that science cannot prove or disprove the existence of God; therefore, I have support for my premise. Yet for some reason religion has been mixing science with itself; and thereby causing impurities within Spiritual belief.
As a Christian, I am deeply offended that the church has mixed spirituality with science; as if they go hand in hand.
To clarify--this piece is not an attack on science; rather it is an attack on the church.
The church has excepted that the theory of evolution can be integrated into belief; but, by so doing, they fail to abide in the vine which is Jesus Christ and the Word.
Now, it may seem that I live in a backworld or am some sort of fundamentalist; but that is far from the case. The parables of Christ are what guide a Christian upon the spiritual path. What need does the church have of science if it abides not in the vine?
Ah...It just occured to me...anyone ever see the Bible Code and that equa distant line spacing(or whatever). Of this, what do they intend to prove if it be not the existence of God. Therefore, my premise has been further strenghtened.
Yet, those who read this post fail to render any of the Light within my argument unto themselves. My ignorance has subsided as we have argued this out; just as I had intended to--to run off of the tangent, and gain scientific input to come to strengthen my argument.
Now, let's get to the matter at hand and read further into my argument(that of which is posted at the beginning of this thread; and its subsequents).

Let your left hand know not what the right hand does.

Are you saying that because one television program displays material against the truth of the Bible, all scientists are trying to dis"prove" the Bible?

Not all Christians agree with each other. The same applies to non-Christians and Scientists. I happen to disagree with Science having anything to do with the supernatural. Science should not be used on the supernatural at all!

If one believes that Science and Religion are not compatable, he or she is just being ignorant.

Upvote 0

Species8472

Nov 28, 2005
Syracuse, Ny
✟397.00
Faith
Seeker
Politics
US-Green
Mocca said:
Are you saying that because one television program displays material against the truth of the Bible, all scientists are trying to dis"prove" the Bible?

Not all Christians agree with each other. The same applies to non-Christians and Scientists. I happen to disagree with Science having anything to do with the supernatural. Science should not be used on the supernatural at all!

If one believes that Science and Religion are not compatable, he or she is just being ignorant.

Are all men black or white or red or purple? Do all scientists study the same subject? But there are those who want to use science to destroy or disallow any spiritualy influenced speculation out of the classroom; for example, Intelligent design--that which can necessarily be true and proven through logic. But O yes, science denies logic when it comes to such matters; yet it doesn't realize that it--itself is derivative of logic. And where did you see in my argument the phrase "ALL Science"?

"If one believes that science and religion are not compatable, he or she is just being ignorant."
You're being ignorant of your own freaking argument. Before you said, science has nothing to do with the supernatural.(I am going to derive that the spiritual has something to do with the supernatural). Now, how come science and that which deals with the natural be compatable(or have anything to offer) to spirituality and that which deals with the supernatural. How can science, which is natural, offer anything to religion which deals with God and the supernatural. You call me ignorant then I call you a hypocrite.

GET OVER THE FIRST FREAKING PREMISE OF MINE ARGUMENT. THE WHOLE POINT OF THE MATTER IS THAT SCIENCE AND RELIGION SHOULD NOT MIX BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING SPIRITUAL ABOUT SCIENCE.

Upvote 0

Mocca

MokAce - Priest of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Jan 1, 2006
✟16,937.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Species8472 said:
Mocca said:

Are all men black or white or red or purple? Do all scientists study the same subject?
How is this relevant?
But there are those who want to use science to destroy or disallow any spiritualy influenced speculation out of the classroom; for example, Intelligent design--that which can necessarily be true and proven through logic. But O yes, science denies logic when it comes to such matters; yet it doesn't realize that it--itself is derivative of logic.
Intelligent Design is not Science, or more specifically, a scientific theory. Firstly, the presence of a supernatural entity in a proposition provides a readily available stream of ad-hoc. Therefore, such a proposition is not falsifiable. Secondly, the proposition is a logical fallacy, namely, Argument From Incredulity. Here is an article about the Scientific Method: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
And where did you see in my argument the phrase "ALL Science"?
You said Science. "Some scientists" would have been more clear, IMO.
"If one believes that science and religion are not compatable, he or she is just being ignorant."
You're being ignorant of your own freaking argument. Before you said, science has nothing to do with the supernatural.(I am going to derive that the spiritual has something to do with the supernatural). Now, how come science and that which deals with the natural be compatable(or have anything to offer) to spirituality and that which deals with the supernatural. How can science, which is natural, offer anything to religion which deals with God and the supernatural. You call me ignorant then I call you a hypocrite.
Allow me to clarify. It is perfectly possible for a Christian to believe in evolution. However, Young Earth Creation, Intelligent Design, and other propositions about the creation of the world are not scientific. My apologies if it did not seem clear.
GET OVER THE FIRST FREAKING PREMISE OF MINE ARGUMENT. THE WHOLE POINT OF THE MATTER IS THAT SCIENCE AND RELIGION SHOULD NOT MIX BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING SPIRITUAL ABOUT SCIENCE.
The newest argument: Argumentum ad Temper Tantrum.

Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
How can science, which is natural, offer anything to religion which deals with God and the supernatural.

So you don't think we can learn about the Creator by studying creation? Remember, God created the natural.

As someone pointed out, science is now against the Deist or cosmic clockmaker God that inspired Einstein to assert "God does not play dice" when confronted by the uncertainity principle. So you can learn about God through science.

The problem isn't the scientific method. As has been pointed out, it deals only if things that can be tested. The problem is Materialism and the belief that something isn't true if it can't be scientifically verified. And that is philosophy and not science.

If a real miracle happened, how would a scientist react? As has been said, science does not deal in the super-natural.

Upvote 0