Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I had a thought. I love science fiction.
I wonder what Jesus thinks about it?
We are creative and our brains are meant to be used. As long as we know stories and films about aliens and planets are just fun and imagination, is there any harm?
Life should be joyous with many varied interests to stimulate us. So do you think Jesus approves of science fiction?

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,233.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends on whether it meets the Philippian Prescription:

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I had a thought. I love science fiction.
I wonder what Jesus thinks about it?
We are creative and our brains are meant to be used. As long as we know stories and films about aliens and planets are just fun and imagination, is there any harm?
Life should be joyous with many varied interests to stimulate us. So do you think Jesus approves of science fiction?
Do you think its the genre? Or the content? Does it line up with Philippians 4:8?

Upvote 0

Doulosiesou

Jan 1, 2018
Colorado
✟16,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it's profitable in seeing what things may be in store for the world. For instance I think transhumanism is definitely a direction we are headed, which takes us back to the time of Noah.

Matt 24:37 For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.

But in general man is flawed, so anything we imagine outside of God is flawed as well. Our flaws also grow exponentially with size and complexity. Maybe I am a Luddite lol

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think it's profitable in seeing what things may be in store for the world. For instance I think transhumanism is definitely a direction we are headed, which takes us back to the time of Noah.

Matt 24:37 For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.

But in general man is flawed, so anything we imagine outside of God is flawed as well. Our flaws also grow exponentially with size and complexity. Maybe I am a Luddite lol
Your opinion on transhumanism and related is correct, and it is good to know what we face in the near future.
Well, for that you don't need science fiction...You need the bible, then there are Christian researcher/authors who are good...LA Marzulli is excellent. Tom Horn, Steve Quayle, Gary Stearman, Chris Putnam, etc. They talk extensively on these subjects...

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

tundrawolf

Not a Newbie
Jul 11, 2009
✟9,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Being involved in the anthropomorphic fiction, I can tell you, it can be used for good, such as in C.S. Lewis's stories alluding to the nature of sin, or it can be used as a way to escape the harshities of reality, and live in a crumbling world of nonsense that will keep you from ever growing or becoming who God wanted you to become. I have been in both worlds.

Done right, with happy moderation, and right enjoyment that does not overcome you and shift your focus from what is real, it can be rewarding and a wonderful break from life. Done wrong it will captivate you and force you into a place that is difficult to escape. It is never a bad idea to ask God to show you the boundaries of any activity you are inclined to.

Upvote 0

Doulosiesou

Jan 1, 2018
Colorado
✟16,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your opinion on transhumanism and related is correct, and it is good to know what we face in the near future.
Well, for that you don't need science fiction...You need the bible, then there are Christian researcher/authors who are good...LA Marzulli is excellent. Tom Horn, Steve Quayle, Gary Stearman, Chris Putnam, etc. They talk extensively on these subjects...

Yes I have Steve Quayle's book on Giants, I've read a lot of Tom Horn's books and some of Marzulli's work.

Fascinating it be.

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes I have Steve Quayle's book on Giants, I've read a lot of Tom Horn's books and some of Marzulli's work.

Fascinating it be.
Oh! Fascinating it are! I'm reading 'Unearthing the Lost World of the Cloudeaters' right now, by Tom Horn and Steve Quayle. You need to read that one too...Increbidle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Doulosiesou

Jan 1, 2018
Colorado
✟16,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh! Fascinating it are! I'm reading 'Unearthing the Lost World of the Cloudeaters' right now, by Tom Horn and Steve Quayle. You need to read that one too...Increbidle.

The last book I read by Tom Horn was Apollyon 2012 when everyone was going crazy on the 2012 stuff.

He has some really interesting ideas in that book even though 2012 came and went. I think the ideas about changing our RNA via viruses is realistic and terrifying. They could engineer a virus and require a vaccine that permanently alters our DNA.

My opinion is that this transhumanism is no different that what the Nephilim were doing before the flood.

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The last book I read by Tom Horn was Apollyon 2012 when everyone was going crazy on the 2012 stuff.

He has some really interesting ideas in that book even though 2012 came and went. I think the ideas about changing our RNA via viruses is realistic and terrifying. They could engineer a virus and require a vaccine that permanently alters our DNA.

My opinion is that this transhumanism is no different that what the Nephilim were doing before the flood.
Yup They're simply using a different technique. If you can, watch Marzulli's Watchers series.

Reactions: Doulosiesou
Upvote 0