Science and Christianity

116-FOTU

May 19, 2011
✟7,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just want to say that i don't understand why people think that science and christianity have to contradict each other. I believe that science is a gift from God that helps us understand what the Bible doesn't tell us. I just think that scientists and other intellectuals have distorted this gift and used it for things that God did not intend. I would greatly appreciate some feedback as to what others think about this. :):groupray:

ashout

As Tall as Goliath and as fearsome too!
Oct 27, 2009
Home
✟10,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Science is fun, interesting, and productive at it's best. at it worst? it is a replacement for God.

also, SCIENCE IS NOT ALWAYS CORRECT. some people are under the impression that if it's been discovered through science, that it cannot be wrong. well the truth is, sceince changes its mind all the time and is really unreliable.

the atheists say "science is better then faith because sceince is right and faith is flimsy" which isn't really an arguement becuase the people who have faith are CERTAIN.

Upvote 0

116-FOTU

May 19, 2011
✟7,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Science is fun, interesting, and productive at it's best. at it worst? it is a replacement for God.

also, SCIENCE IS NOT ALWAYS CORRECT. some people are under the impression that if it's been discovered through science, that it cannot be wrong. well the truth is, sceince changes its mind all the time and is really unreliable.

the atheists say "science is better then faith because sceince is right and faith is flimsy" which isn't really an arguement becuase the people who have faith are CERTAIN.

I agree that science is not always correct. But i greatly disagree with you when you say that it is a replacement for God. Like in the Bible it says that God created plants and animals, But science tells about the processes the plants and animals go through and how they grow. when people try to replace God with science they are incorrect. But i think that science is a great way to explain God's wonders.

But like when people used science to do things that go against God like genetic experiments then its wrong. Science is like an extremely powerful weapon God trusted us with, but we've greatly misused it.

Upvote 0

served

Dec 19, 2010
✟15,329.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Young earthers?
Christians who believe earth is only 6,000 years old. (I think some say 9,000) Some also believe the moon creates its own light and does not reflect it from the sun because the bible says GOD created the light of the day and night. Also some believe the sun revolves around the earth.

Upvote 0

116-FOTU

May 19, 2011
✟7,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
WOW! That's crazy because i can see why they'd believe that, but I think we see the exact opposite. I see it as the bible says that the moon give off light, and science shows how (the reflection of light off of the sun). The Bible doesn't have to tell us that because God bless man with science.

Thank you so much for you post. I am intrigued at the existence of young earthers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 21, 2011
✟7,718.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Science was invented by God, too. Who else commands the universe to act the same way every day, thus obeying mathematical laws to describe gravity, energy, force, mass, acceleration, plus all those complex calculus formulas? If something out of the ordinary does happen, it can be explained by science too, like in the old testament when the sun stood still - scientists have already explained why that happened. Science and God agree totally. On the moral side, God's character is such that He wouldn't try to decieve people with reality not being real. His universe is very complex, and the calculus functions (which have been man's way thru logic and mathematics to describe progression and presentation of detail in reality) hardly are able to sufficiently describe it. But what we see, feel, discover in this world that is real stuff in our hands, we can be assured God isn't trying to say "Have faith spiritually to disbelieve what you see scientifically". That would be absurd for this fact: Jesus descended from the heavens in the Holy Spirit, was born flesh and blood, (science...) and died a real death, shed real blood, and rose again in a glorified body (real science).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Boash1960

May 26, 2011
Muscatine, Iowa
✟15,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will assume you refer to measuring distance to planets using the speed of light to justify old earth. Isaiah 40:22 and Psalms 104:2 tells us God stretched out the heavens like a curtain. Also when Adam was created was he a baby? What about the plants that were his food, are we suppose to assume they were seed and he had to wait for everything to grow and mature before he could eat? I believe the answer is no, everything was created to maturity.

Upvote 0

served

Dec 19, 2010
✟15,329.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I will assume you refer to measuring distance to planets using the speed of light to justify old earth. Isaiah 40:22 and Psalms 104:2 tells us God stretched out the heavens like a curtain. Also when Adam was created was he a baby? What about the plants that were his food, are we suppose to assume they were seed and he had to wait for everything to grow and mature before he could eat? I believe the answer is no, everything was created to maturity.

That kind of goes with science because when the universe was created it stretched out from our galaxy, God created that "big bang" perfectly. Adam wasn't created until long after the earth was created.

Upvote 0

mwood30

Mickey
Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
✟16,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Are you also familiar with the dating methods based on Rubidium/Strontium ratios?

Upvote 0