Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A middle school principal in Kentucky adopted a girl who was acting out after she had spent her whole life in and out of foster homes. Sent to his office after being suspended, he realized that she just needed, perhaps one time, for “something to go in her favor.”

Kentucky school principal Jason Smith walked out of his office one day and saw a girl from the 6th grade sitting on a chair by the door—suspended for throwing a cup of yogurt during lunch.

One can only imagine how much delinquency and mischief Smith had seen throughout his 14 years in charge of the school, but something about the girl struck him that day. Asking whether she thought such behavior was acceptable at a restaurant, Raven Whitaker replied she had never been to one.

Where she had been was in and out of foster homes for most of her life, where foster moms and dads had made plenty of promises they were unable to keep.

“At that point, I had felt like she just needed a hand, needed help,” Smith told Good Morning America. “I recognized that she needed something to go in her favor, maybe for once, that it hadn’t gone in her favor in the past, but she just needed somebody to help her.”

Continued below.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟80,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A middle school principal in Kentucky adopted a girl who was acting out after she had spent her whole life in and out of foster homes. Sent to his office after being suspended, he realized that she just needed, perhaps one time, for “something to go in her favor.”

Kentucky school principal Jason Smith walked out of his office one day and saw a girl from the 6th grade sitting on a chair by the door—suspended for throwing a cup of yogurt during lunch.

One can only imagine how much delinquency and mischief Smith had seen throughout his 14 years in charge of the school, but something about the girl struck him that day. Asking whether she thought such behavior was acceptable at a restaurant, Raven Whitaker replied she had never been to one.

Where she had been was in and out of foster homes for most of her life, where foster moms and dads had made plenty of promises they were unable to keep.

“At that point, I had felt like she just needed a hand, needed help,” Smith told Good Morning America. “I recognized that she needed something to go in her favor, maybe for once, that it hadn’t gone in her favor in the past, but she just needed somebody to help her.”

Continued below.
Aww, so sweet. Finally, some wholesome news in the sea of negative news. Good News Network is a good source for positive news. It is sad that this girl had to live in multiple foster homes, but this principal had great Christian principles, and helped save someone in need. :)

Upvote 0