Not open for further replies.

=Joel=

Nov 4, 2003
WA
Visit site
✟15,368.00
Faith
Christian
Anyone know the name of the type of music that is like orchestra, but scary?

i was listening to some radio station the other night and they were playing some crazy scary music, it was like orchestra, chamber and techno all mixed in, like screams and demon sounds effects in the background, pretty cool. anyone know some names?

BlackSaab52

Nov 29, 2003
Kentucky
Visit site
✟602.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Zoar is quite eerie (http://www.zoar.com). You can listen to some of their music at their site. Do you play any Silent Hill Games? Any soundtracks from those (they are by Akira Yamaoka, btw) are scary. There are downloads from some of the official SH soundtracks at http://www.silenceisbroken.com . The SH music isn't very orchestral, but still scary.

Upvote 0

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scary? I can point you in the right direction. Start with George Crumb's Black Angels: Thirteen Images From the Dark Land for electric string quartet. Mix in Stockhausen's Gruppen and Mixtur, Xenakis' Kraanerg, maybe Ligeti's Atmospheres for starters... Or just go for anything by the avant-chamber-prog groups ART ZOYD or UNIVERS ZERO. An afterthought: Hearing Solar Winds by David Hykes & the Harmonic Choir is some of the most eerily beautiful a capella vocal music I've ever heard...

Upvote 0

symphonyb

a Blessed with kids member
Feb 8, 2005
United States
✟25,233.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yes & may I suggest you don't listen to it after midnight..:eek: he hit the main freakies here!
spacedout said:
Scary? I can point you in the right direction. Start with George Crumb's Black Angels: Thirteen Images From the Dark Land for electric string quartet. Mix in Stockhausen's Gruppen and Mixtur, Xenakis' Kraanerg, maybe Ligeti's Atmospheres for starters... Or just go for anything by the avant-chamber-prog groups ART ZOYD or UNIVERS ZERO. An afterthought: Hearing Solar Winds by David Hykes & the Harmonic Choir is some of the most eerily beautiful a capella vocal music I've ever heard...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jon_

Senior Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
California
✟18,616.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
=Joel= said:
Anyone know the name of the type of music that is like orchestra, but scary?

i was listening to some radio station the other night and they were playing some crazy scary music, it was like orchestra, chamber and techno all mixed in, like screams and demon sounds effects in the background, pretty cool. anyone know some names?

Not classical, but check out Midnight Syndicate. They have some pretty eerie, atmospheric type stuff. Pretty cool.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kenny C. said:
You want scary? Check out "Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima" by a composer who's last name is Penderecki. I have no idea how to spell is first name.
-Kenny

:thumbsup:
Krzysztof Penderecki is the man, thanks for reminding me of that piece! Did you ever hear the album he did with Don Cherry, Actions (for free jazz orchestra)? It's pretty amazing...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.