Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been reading threads about Jesus's return and all this stuff about September 23 and it's been giving me great anxiety. I have been feeling good because I've been doing a bible study and have been praying everyday, but I haven't been doing as much as I should. I mean couldn't we all do more? Anyways that wasn't what I wanted to touch on. I see so many people so ready for Jesus to return and can't wait, that's the opposite of me. I'm terrified for him to return because I'm not ready and I don't think I will be raptured or taken into heaven and that terrifies me.

I actually got the cold sweats thinking about it. It's very terrifying for me. I just really need God but I feel lost. Like there's so much spiritually that is messed up in me I think. Like my thought pattern and they way I process things that it makes me trying to having a relationship with God harder. I've been praying for God to help me to stop accossiating him with my feelings because I do that SOOO much and I know it's hurting me spiritually. It's hard :/ It feels (there we go with that word) like I'll never get there. UGH other people make it sound so easy to just stop feeling and to know that God is there and he loves you.

You know where it says in the Bible those who come to Jesus must first believe he exists etc.. I start to think, do I really believe in God, do I really believe in Jesus and then I start to get scared like what if I'm just pretending to try and have a relationship with God but I'm not actually. Not saying that God doesn't exist I'm saying like what if I'm not chosen or what not and I spiritually can't have a relationship with God.

Also I'm just upset that I have so much wrong with me. It would take an actually miracle for me to have a real personal relationship with Jesus. But how that miracle will take place is beyond me. I'm in a very scary place. Coming to terms with my spiritual needs is honestly horrifying.

(sorry this was long, I just needed to vent)

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been reading threads about Jesus's return and all this stuff about September 23 and it's been giving me great anxiety. I have been feeling good because I've been doing a bible study and have been praying everyday, but I haven't been doing as much as I should. I mean couldn't we all do more? Anyways that wasn't what I wanted to touch on. I see so many people so ready for Jesus to return and can't wait, that's the opposite of me. I'm terrified for him to return because I'm not ready and I don't think I will be raptured or taken into heaven and that terrifies me.

I actually got the cold sweats thinking about it. It's very terrifying for me. I just really need God but I feel lost. Like there's so much spiritually that is messed up in me I think. Like my thought pattern and they way I process things that it makes me trying to having a relationship with God harder. I've been praying for God to help me to stop accossiating him with my feelings because I do that SOOO much and I know it's hurting me spiritually. It's hard :/ It feels (there we go with that word) like I'll never get there. UGH other people make it sound so easy to just stop feeling and to know that God is there and he loves you.

You know where it says in the Bible those who come to Jesus must first believe he exists etc.. I start to think, do I really believe in God, do I really believe in Jesus and then I start to get scared like what if I'm just pretending to try and have a relationship with God but I'm not actually. Not saying that God doesn't exist I'm saying like what if I'm not chosen or what not and I spiritually can't have a relationship with God.

Also I'm just upset that I have so much wrong with me. It would take an actually miracle for me to have a real personal relationship with Jesus. But how that miracle will take place is beyond me. I'm in a very scary place. Coming to terms with my spiritual needs is honestly horrifying.

Salvation is that miracle. Jesus left us the Holy Spirit as our comforter and teacher. Pray and let the Holy Spirit help you cry out to God. God delights in hearing our prayers. God knows our needs before we know our needs; He searches our heart. Seek God in His Word, the Bible. There is only one who knows the day and the hour of when Christ Jesus will return:

—Matthew 24:36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

:praying: You're in my prayers. God bless you and keep you near.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Psalm 23
23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Matthew 24
36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I use to fear a lot. I got tired of it and decided that my life is in Gods hands, and no amount of fear will save me. If i live i live, and if i die i die. I became dead to fear.

• Agree
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Romansthruphilemon

Feb 6, 2017
Concord, NH
✟59,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have you put all your trust in Christ? Do you believe that he died for your sins, was buried, and rose again? If the answer is yes than you are ready.

The teachers that teach you will be left behind based on your works are false teachers. It's real easy to pick out false teachers - they try to put the focus on you instead of on Christ.

Philippians 1:6 Being confidant of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Please, just concentrate on God. Don't worry about 'dates' that people bring up or end of times discussions.

Only God knows the future. Don't worry.

You are doing well. You love God. You pray, you try to be a good person. You accept Jesus as your Saviour.

Don't get bogged down in what you read or see about people fretting about dates etc.

Jesus came to save sinners. To heal the weak. To cure the blind. He came for the ordinary person who loves Him from their heart, not from empty words. God knows you love Him. He knows what is in your heart.

Be strong. Ask God for guidance. Don't worry.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi,
You are overthinking it. If you accept the Lord Jesus as our saviour, that he died for our sins and rose again and is alive and reigns in heaven, then you are safe. Be joyous that you belong to Christ. Of course you do not have to be perfect, not one of us is or can be. Just pray for guidance and strength in all aspects of your life. Especially ask to receive the peace, you will be amazed.

Reactions: -GodsGirl-
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

-GodsGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you put all your trust in Christ? Do you believe that he died for your sins, was buried, and rose again? If the answer is yes than you are ready.

The teachers that teach you will be left behind based on your works are false teachers. It's real easy to pick out false teachers - they try to put the focus on you instead of on Christ.

Philippians 1:6 Being confidant of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ

Truthfully speaking I have not put all of my trust in Jesus. I am trying to, but I feel like I don't know how to fully trust him. That's why I've been reading and studying his word more often. And no preacher I have ever encountered in my personal life has ever talked about salvation or anything being based on works. It's just a personal struggle I'm dealing with. It's been something that's really hard for me to overcome but I pray about it.

Upvote 0

-GodsGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lake Stevens
✟21,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please, just concentrate on God. Don't worry about 'dates' that people bring up or end of times discussions.

You are doing well. You love God. You pray, you try to be a good person. You accept Jesus as your Saviour.

Don't get bogged down in what you read or see about people fretting about dates etc.

Jesus came to save sinners. To heal the weak. To cure the blind. He came for the ordinary person who loves Him from their heart, not from empty words. God knows you love Him. He knows what is in your heart.

God bless you.

I have become less worried since I posted this! I have been reading the bible more and studying it. And praying a lot. I've been praying that I can truly love him cause I don't think that I do. I mean I don't even really know God and that's why I've started spending more time with him. Cause how can I love someone I don't know? I'm hopeful my relationship with him with be really strong one day. I can only hope.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi,

You are doing the right things. Be encouraged. Do you have freeview? Try watching TBN UK, wonderful Christian programs, I am inspired and learn from it daily.
Pray to Jesus to help you have faith. Say the Lord's Prayer and really think dwell on every word.

Pray to ask for strength, peace and understanding. Tell Jesus that your life belongs to Him, ask Him to guide you in all things. Take all your worries and place them at His feet. Thus unburdened, get on with your day. Talk to people, actually, listen to people, smile, be kind and gentle so that you are living as Jesus encourages us to do.
Do you go to church? If not, start going. You will discover a brilliant new source of mutual encouragement, fellowship among Christians is vital. My church family helped me through the hardest times of my life, when I lost my husband to cancer.

Try praying about specific problems and then have faith that Jesus will deal with them and the solutions will come but not in the ways you expect!God thinks differently from us, He sees the whole wider picture, He knows what is best for you. All things work out for the best for those who believe and trust in Jesus. I've never had a prayer unanswered. It's a matter of prayer with patience and faith.
Give me your thoughts please. How old are you ? I imagine you are young. God bless you.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

In truth, you are probably in a better place with God than those who make it sound so easy.
Never doubt Gods unfailing love for you. The older I get, the more I cling to it, as King David did.
If our christianity hinges on us overcoming our often negativities, heaven would be sparsely populated.
And no one knows the day, or the hour of Jesus return. I would ignore those who consider they can best guess that day

Upvote 0

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟74,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just look at your username: GodsGirl. That should make doubt look like a joke. Why would you title yourself such a thing if you did not believe God was true?

You must understand God is also just. He will not allow any of his children to suffer the depths of hell- or even meet their ends in the lake of fire. He simply would not allow it.

We are all sinners. We all make mistakes. If God judged people on actions alone, we would all burn in eternal flames. You believe. God is telling me you do. You have no reason to worry, sister. Your place is in heaven :oldthumbsup:

• Friendly
Upvote 0