• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Scared of not worrying

Status
Not open for further replies.

PARCmd

Nov 27, 2007
✟7,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is said that those who committed the Unpardonable Sin do not worry if they had committed it or not. If I don't worry about it nowadays (about my previous accidental blasphemies) does it mean that I have committed it or not? Must I keep worrying? This sounds silly but I'm sort of feeling bad about the prospect of having committed it.

HeatherG

Oct 20, 2006
✟7,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Worrying about not worrying is a common trick of the religious OCD mind. I have certainly experienced this. Ignore it; it's typical OCD. Not to mention that you obviously are worrying since you are posting here!

Forgetting about your past thoughts that you thought were blasphemous is a good thing that will help to stop the OCD cycle. You don't have to feel guilty about it. Instead, praise God that you are able to break free from these meaningless thoughts and forget about them.

God bless,
Heather

Upvote 0
P

picassoui

PAR Im going through something like this right now and its not even ocd related for me .

But regarding youre dilemna .. Heather is exactly right the fact that you are concerned about not beinmg concerned means that you are indeed concerned though it may be that the normal feeling of worry/terror isnt present . This does not mean you have anything to worry about .

Upvote 0

gracealone

Apr 5, 2007
Michigan
✟18,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ditto's to what Pica. and Heather said!! When I got to the place with my OCD where I would stop obsessing/worrying about a particular thought challenging the validity of my salvation then I would worry that I wasn't worrying because that might mean that I really didn't care and therefore might not be saved. And then... Uh OH!! Maybe this means I'm becoming an atheist! Horror's!! (Of course it's an Oxymoron to be a God Fearing athiest but OCD can hide that from us.) Any way..on and on these accusations would come but they all led right back to the original theme. Am I really saved??
So looks like your OCD is pretty much abnormally - normal Parc. That's not to say that it's not severely distressing but just to let you know that you aren't alone in this experience.
Love and Prayers,
Mitzi

Upvote 0

all4C

Jun 4, 2008
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey I am going through the kinda same thing. maybe this will help. Faith, hope and love are things we should have. (1st Corinthians 13:13)

To help our faith:
"Do you believe that Jesus died for all your sins? Jesus said whoever comes to me I will no wise cast out." (john 6:37)

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, NO ONE can snatch them from my hand." (John 10:28)

"Therefore there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1

To help our Hope:

God is all knowing. think about it. Don't you think He would know we would go through this? We have hope in God to bring us out of this.

"take no thought of your life..." Matt 6:25 KJV
"Do not worry..." Matt 6:25 NIV

This is the kind of attitude I had...I tried to handle this on MY own...not thinking that He COULD bring me out of this...without hope for my situation...
Then today I changed that...or im still in the process...Now im aiming for..

"wonder what He will do to help me get out of this" (not hopelessly but excitedly)

and here are some great words by our Saviour.

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28 KJV
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" Matt 11:28 NIV

I give my problems to Jesus (fear/worry/doubt) and in that time im thinking about Jesus words "I will give you rest".

How to help your Love:
well u didn't say anything about having trouble loving...but here some scripture "we love because he first loved us" 1st John 4:19

Praise God.
Ill pray for you. :prayer:
Hope that helped. :)
Your not alone. :groupray:

:)

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know it is so difficult sometimes to keep pressing on, but sometimes I stop and laugh at myself. I have gotten up in the morning and found my brain was quiet so I would start rummaging through my mind files to recall what I was obsessing about the night before:) So I sometimes try to treat the obsessive thought like I do my VeRy active baby girl when she makes me nuts. I just stop and try to see the silliness of the way my brain reacts as apposed to others with normal thought patterns.

I don't always beat the OCD that way, but it sure wins hands down over letting myself be completely miserable with the thought.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.