Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
That's funny coming from someone who actually uses nonconformity as an excuse to say they might be the opposite sex. We are conservatives are tge ones pushing against that nonsense.it the conservative that says just because a boy plays with my little ponies it doesn't mean he's a girl. It's the leftist that actually makes the claim he might be.
You need to look in the mirror.
Children go through phrases, that doesn’t mean they are the opposite gender. Although it has been studied many boys who play with traditional girl toys actually end up gay and vice versa, not trans.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟933,617.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I mean this sincerely and want an honest answer. I mean no disrespect whatsoever.

How does a trans person know what it’s like to be the opposite sex if they were born as the sex they were assigned at birth?

I have no idea. You would likely have to ask a trans person. What I can tell you is when I asked him how he came to the conclusion he was Trans he said that all his life he felt "wrong". Then when he started talking to some of his gay friends it clicked for him. He knew at that point and then went on a multi year process to look at transitioning.
Just because they follow stereotypes of the opposite gender and “feel” like they are the opposite gender doesn’t mean they really are the opposite gender.
No. That is controlled by the brain which has been shown to be close to the opposite genders in trans individuals.
Getting a “sex change” doesn’t change your genetics or chromosomes. It’s only changing your appearance and pumping your body full of hormones.

That’s how I see it.
As long as you treat people decently and do not try to impose your views on others we have no quarrel.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟263,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I have no idea. You would likely have to ask a tans person. What I can tell you is when I asked him how he came to the conclusion he was Trans he said that all his life he felt "wrong". Then when he started talking to some of his gay friends it clicked for him. He knew at that point and then went on a multi year process to look at transitioning.

No. That is controlled by the brain which has been shown to be close to the opposite genders in trans individuals.

As long as you treat people decently and do not try to impose your views on others we have no quarrel.
I believe in treating people right, regardless. That does not mean, I should be forced to accept all their choices.

I do not accept trans ideology because from my perspective it's not possible for a man to be a woman or vice versa. It's a biological fact determined at birth.

Sorry, that's just how I see it. I mean no disrespect to absolutely anyone, whatsoever.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟157,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Simply put, they are MEN and don’t know what it’s like to experience life as a woman. To say otherwise is being dishonest, in my opinion.

For a man to say he’s actually a woman is disgusting and misogynistic.
If we aren’t more than just what “parts” we have then we’re machines.
I reject that.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟263,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
If we aren’t more than just what “parts” we have then we’re machines.
I reject that.
Can you elaborate a bit more?

Essentially...are "parts" do not define who we are? or am I missing something?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟933,617.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I believe in treating people right, regardless. That does not mean, I should be forced to accept all their choices.

What do you mean "accept their choices"? Their choices are not yours to accept or reject. Just like we have nothing to do with your choices.

I do not accept trans ideology because from my perspective it's not possible for a man to be a woman or vice versa. It's a biological fact determined at birth.

Then you should probably look at biology because there are multiple sex variable conditions that exist.

Xxy
Xxx
Xyy

And even a single X chromosome just to name a few. Make and female is not as clear cut as you state.

As far as I am aware the only "Trans ideology" that exists is their desire to be treated the same as everyone else. Feel free to delineate what you feel it includes.
Sorry, that's just how I see it. I mean no disrespect to absolutely anyone, whatsoever.
Claiming you have some sort of involvement in their choices seems rather disrespectful but perhaps you can clarify what you mean by it.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟263,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What do you mean "accept their choices"? Their choices are not yours to accept or reject. Just like we have nothing to do with your choices.

Then you should probably look at biology because there are multiple sex variable conditions that exist.

Xxy
Xxx
Xyy

And even a single X chromosome just to name a few. Make and female is not as clear cut as you state.

As far as I am aware the only "Trans ideology" that exists is their desire to be treated the same as everyone else. Feel free to delineate what you feel it includes.

Claiming you have some sort of involvement in their choices seems rather disrespectful but perhaps you can clarify what you mean by it.
You’re right.

It doesn’t matter how I feel about trans people or the choices they make, I’m still going to treat people fairly and compassionate regardless of how I feel about them.

Yes, I’m aware of different sex chromosomes. I have a BA in Psych, after all.

I’m not claiming I have an in involvement in their choices. I believe gender dysphoria is a very real thing that must be studied further.

(No, I’m not claiming gender dysphoria is a choice anymore than being gay is a choice.)

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟157,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Can you elaborate a bit more?

Essentially...are "parts" do not define who we are? or am I missing something?
Okay, lemme put it this way, “where does the human soul reside?”

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟933,617.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You’re right.

It doesn’t matter how I feel about trans people or the choices they make, I’m still going to treat people fairly and compassionate regardless of how I feel about them.

Yes, I’m aware of different sex chromosomes. I have a BA in Psych, after all.

I’m not claiming I have an in involvement in their choices. I believe gender dysphoria is a very real thing that must be studied further.

(No, I’m not claiming gender dysphoria is a choice anymore than being gay is a choice.)
Then I do not understand your stance but as long as you agree they should be respected and their condition should continue to be researched and treated I don't suppose I need to.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟345,586.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What does it feel like to be a man? What does it feel like to be a woman? None of knows what it feels like to be anything but ourselves. I am a woman and I don’t know what it feels like to be a woman because I can’t compare my experience to anything thing else. I feel what society defines for me as a woman’s role and I can agree or disagree that I fit with that definition. If someone born genetically male feels more aligned with how so defines a woman, who are we to tell them their feelings are incorrect? They feel what they feel.
I agree with everything you said. Since you, a woman, don't know whatbit feels like to be a woman, a man cannot feel.like a woman either. He has no idea.

Now you can absolutely disagree with whatever gender roles you want to disagree with. I've got no issues with that either.

And if a man wants to disagree with whatever gender roles he wants to disagree with he's entitled to that as well.

Absolutely none of that has anything to do with what they really are. Just cause yo might like to hint and fish or mow the lawn or pound nails or whatever, it doesn't make you a a man. And you are not entitled to be called a man nor should you have full access to men's spaces. Just like no matter what I like or don't like I have no entitlement to be called a woman nor have full access women's spaces.

No if a man wants to wear dresses and make up, go ahead. I don't think anyone should prevent him from doing so. But just because he doea so still doesn't make him a woman nor should anyone be compelled to call him such or allow him into women's spaces.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟345,586.00
Faith
Pentecostal
That is contrary to historical fact. The US and the UK had laws against animal abuse long before they had laws against child abuse. Spare the rod...
Sorry I didn't mean for all eternity past. I mean right now. If a parent is doing harm to their child it's called child abuse and it's against the law.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟345,586.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Then I do not understand your stance but as long as you agree they should be respected and their condition should continue to be researched and treated I don't suppose I need to.
I can't think of any mental illness that's a choice.

The concern we have where it comes to children is that the vast majority of them who claim to be trans do NOT have dysphoria.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟345,586.00
Faith
Pentecostal
long as you treat people decently and do not try to impose your views on others we have no quarrel.
As long as they don't impose their views on us we won't have a quarrel either as long as we are talking adults.

Children are a different matter. No child should be transitioned. Period. No if the US wants to create a research center like other countries have then okay. All other treatments should stop. Completely.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟157,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't think of any mental illness that's a choice.

The concern we have where it comes to children is that the vast majority of them who claim to be trans do NOT have dysphoria.
I will admit to being a bear-of-little-brain but my parsing of this renders down to:
they’re not mentally ill in the ‘correct’ way”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟157,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh? Can't kids have mental health issues that have nothing to do with gender dysphoria?

Transgender people are mentally ill, but if they do not have dysphoria, over this condition, they just need…?

Upvote 0

Foamhead

I like water
Aug 27, 2005
✟46,937.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Children go through phrases, that doesn’t mean they are the opposite gender. Although it has been studied many boys who play with traditional girl toys actually end up gay and vice versa, not trans.
Firstly that isn't what any studies have said. The only study on the subject said PERSISTENT gender non-conforming behaviour indicated a child was more likely to grow up gay. Secondly the study only examined gay men and women and did not study all adults who engaged in such play as a whole regardless of sexuality.

Upvote 0

Foamhead

I like water
Aug 27, 2005
✟46,937.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others

Nobody is interested in yours or anyone else's appeals to nature or biology. As I said in this thread, unless one is against all forms of plastic surgery, eyeglasses, cochlear implants, corrective surgery i.e. cleft palate or clubbed feet, then you don't really believe your own argument.

If you really have a BA in psyche from an accredited school, then you'd know full well much of gender behaviour is learned and an artifact of culture and society. Almost everyone who is "opposed", i.e. hostile to LGBT people are evangelical Christians. The same people fighting tooth and nail against gay marriage, abortion, whatever. I'm starting to wonder if you guys are ever passionate about any social issue that isn't related to sex. You would also know, if you really have such a degree, about the numerous studies done on people with gender dysphoria including the structural differences in their brains. You would yet also know that it is incurable and reparative therapy does not work.

The word "ideology" essentially means a set of beliefs or opinions. Saying "I'm against trans ideology" is simply saying "we are against your opinions"... we know that, we just don't care. You can be against whatever you want, at the end of the day this is a secular society and your religion stops at the the church's door. If you don't like LGBT people then don't interact with them and leave them alone. I don't like Catholicism... you don't see me trying to nail the church doors shut. You guys do you, as they say.

Out of curiosity I did a search to see if you have ever mentioned this degree before.

You left college in 2018: Do most millennials spend their time alone?

Here you claimed here to have a degree in religious studies:

Here you're a Spanish minor: learning a new language

That's a lot of degrees for one so young. Not impossible, but that's a pretty tight schedule. It's takes 4 years average for a single BA and you were only in school for 4 years. What school did you get these degrees at?

I mean this sincerely and want an honest answer. I mean no disrespect whatsoever.

How does a trans person know what it’s like to be the opposite sex if they were born as the sex they were assigned at birth?

Just because they follow stereotypes of the opposite gender and “feel” like they are the opposite gender doesn’t mean they really are the opposite gender.

Getting a “sex change” doesn’t change your genetics or chromosomes. It’s only changing your appearance and pumping your body full of hormones.

That’s how I see it.

You are asking a question about an intangible that is nearly impossible to describe, and what does it matter if you understand or not? If you don't have OCD, ADHD, Bipolar, whatever... you're never going to understand what it's like. Nor do you need to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟933,617.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
As long as they don't impose their views on us we won't have a quarrel either as long as we are talking adults.

Children are a different matter. No child should be transitioned. Period. No if the US wants to create a research center like other countries have then okay. All other treatments should stop. Completely.
I don't find you to be able better judge of what is correct for children then parents and health care professionals.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟263,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Nobody is interested in yours or anyone else's appeals to nature or biology. As I said in this thread, unless one is against all forms of plastic surgery, eyeglasses, cochlear implants, corrective surgery i.e. cleft palate or clubbed feet, then you don't really believe your own argument.

If you really have a BA in psyche from an accredited school, then you'd know full well much of gender behaviour is learned and an artifact of culture and society. Almost everyone who is "opposed", i.e. hostile to LGBT people are evangelical Christians. The same people fighting tooth and nail against gay marriage, abortion, whatever. I'm starting to wonder if you guys are ever passionate about any social issue that isn't related to sex. You would also know, if you really have such a degree, about the numerous studies done on people with gender dysphoria including the structural differences in their brains. You would yet also know that it is incurable and reparative therapy does not work.

The word "ideology" essentially means a set of beliefs or opinions. Saying "I'm against trans ideology" is simply saying "we are against your opinions"... we know that, we just don't care. You can be against whatever you want, at the end of the day this is a secular society and your religion stops at the the church's door. If you don't like LGBT people then don't interact with them and leave them alone. I don't like Catholicism... you don't see me trying to nail the church doors shut. You guys do you, as they say.

Out of curiosity I did a search to see if you have ever mentioned this degree before.

You left college in 2018: Do most millennials spend their time alone?

Here you claimed here to have a degree in religious studies:

Here you're a Spanish minor: learning a new language

That's a lot of degrees for one so young. Not impossible, but that's a pretty tight schedule. It's takes 4 years average for a single BA and you were only in school for 4 years. What school did you get these degrees at?

You are asking a question about an intangible that is nearly impossible to describe, and what does it matter if you understand or not? If you don't have OCD, ADHD, Bipolar, whatever... you're never going to understand what it's like. Nor do you need to.
I was a double major in psych and religious studies with a Spanish minor. I won’t say which school I went to because it would be very easy to get my information because it was very small.

Upvote 0