Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
In the intreast of a positive post, say some things nice of the other side. I'll go first.

I admire the left concern for animals, we shouldn't allow animal cruality for the shake of being selfish. I disagree with the Extremism of groups like PETA or the Animals rights extremists , who just want humans to die , however I do admire the left support of animals, I just wish there sadly needs to be some hunting in rural areas, that probably should be regulated.

I admire their concern for the death Penalty , a strict Pro-life view should include the Death Penalty, along with Abortion, assistant suicide , and Euthasia.

I admire some of their economic stances, I could probably find common ground with them on breaking up monopolies, outlawing usuary, banning excessive intreast fees, credit defualt swaps , etc. And could probably find common ground on breaking big Agra Monopoly in farming, and supporting competitive family farms.

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In the intreast of a positive post, say some things nice of the other side. I'll go first.

I admire the left concern for animals, we shouldn't allow animal cruality for the shake of being selfish. I disagree with the Extremism of groups like PETA or the Animals rights extremists , who just want humans to die , however I do admire the left support of animals, I just wish there sadly needs to be some hunting in rural areas, that probably should be regulated.

I admire their concern for the death Penalty , a strict Pro-life view should include the Death Penalty, along with Abortion, assistant suicide , and Euthasia.

I admire some of their economic stances, I could probably find common ground with them on breaking up monopolies, outlawing usuary, banning excessive intreast fees, credit defualt swaps , etc. And could probably find common ground on breaking big Agra Monopoly in farming, and supporting competitive family farms.

I don't consider myself a Dem or Republican. There are issues I agree and disagree with in both. The extremism on both sides disturbs me. It has made America so divisive that our very Pledge of Allegiance rings hollow.

So kudos for the attempt.

Upvote 0

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't consider myself a Dem or Republican. There are issues I agree and disagree with in both. The extremism on both sides disturbs me. It has made America so divisive that our very Pledge of Allegiance rings hollow.

So kudos for the attempt.
Thank you for the kind words.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I admire their concern for the death Penalty, a strict Pro-life view should include the Death Penalty, along with Abortion, assistant suicide , and Euthasia.
Hello James, are you saying that the Pro-Lifers should be ~against~ the death penalty, but ~for~ death by abortion and euthanasia (doctor assisted suicides)?

If not, what did you mean instead?

If so, why do you believe that those three views should be considered to be "Pro-Life"?

Thanks!

--David

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello James, are you saying that the Pro-Lifers should be ~against~ the death penalty, but ~for~ death by abortion and euthanasia (doctor assisted suicides)?

If so, why do you believe that those three views should be considered to be "Pro-Life"?

Thanks!

--David
True ProLife includes concern for children after birth and all the way to the end of life. It’s not really pro life to place obstacles to healthcare and to advocate abandoning safety net programs, Medicare and Social Security.
Affording Health Care Without Rationing | National Right to Life

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

A kind gesture.

I admire the left concern for animals, we shouldn't allow animal cruality for the shake of being selfish. I disagree with the Extremism of groups like PETA or the Animals rights extremists , who just want humans to die ,

Well, you tried.

however I do admire the left support of animals, I just wish there sadly needs to be some hunting in rural areas, that probably should be regulated.

Reasonable positions -- "pro-life" should encompass all life.

And I admire the Right's support of capitalism... to a point. The Right acknowledges that competition is a powerful driving force behind innovation: When company A strives to build a better and cheaper product than company B, the customers benefit.

I also appreciate the Right's support of nationalism and national defense, although I do believe that they take it too far at times. And while I disagree with how and how much emphasis they place on the role of religion and morality in public figures, they serve a vital purpose in reminding us of their role... albeit inconsistently.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I looked up the 2012 Republican platform to find some good things (because the leadership of the Republican Party went way downhill in 2016.) Here are some interesting things I never knew:
Include internet inappropriate content in enforcement of obscenity laws.
Countervailing duties against China on intellectual property.
Invest in cutting-edge cybersecurity technologies.

inappropriate contentography destroys lives and relationships. China should not violate our patent laws by stealing formulas and designs it took our companies many years and dollars to produce. And we all saw what a lack of cybersecurity did to our 2016 elections :( Wonder if that is still part of the Republican platform.

Upvote 0

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship

Thanks!

--David
I think I'm misunderstood,I mean pro-life across the board.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Thanks!

--David
I believe he is saying that someone who considers themself "Pro-Life" should oppose abortion, euthanasia, and the death penalty. A pretty large portion of the "Pro-Life" crowd continues to support the death penalty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe he is saying that someone who considers themself "Pro-Life" should oppose abortion, euthanasia, and the death penalty. A pretty large portion of the "Pro-Life" crowd continues to support the death penalty.

A significant part of the "pro choice" crowd wants to deny people choices of all kinds.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
A significant part of the "pro choice" crowd wants to deny people choices of all kinds.

Choice is an extremely nebulous word. Life is rather more specific. If you take the stance that all human life is sacred, then its difficult to see support for the death penalty as anything other than hypocritical.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Choice is an extremely nebulous word. Life is rather more specific. If you take the stance that all human life is sacred, then its difficult to see support for the death penalty as anything other than hypocritical.

I agree that supporting the death penalty is not a pro life position. However, the word choice is as specific as the word life.

• Agree
Reactions: jardiniere
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I appreciate a number of the ideals underpinning conservative ideology: efficiency, straightforwardness, decisiveness, personal liberty, personal responsibility, respect for family, respect for order, being slow and measured vs being impetuous and revolutionary.

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2019
United States
✟17,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I agree that supporting the death penalty is not a pro life position. However, the word choice is as specific as the word life.

In my experience, pro life people are very much in favor of the death penalty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In my experience, pro life people are very much in favor of the death penalty.

I am pro life therefore I am against the death penalty. I don't personally know anyone that claims to be pro life and still be for the death penalty but I only have had a normal set of acquaintances in my 65 years so my anecdotal experience would not include that many of the people in a world of 7 billion human beings. I do personally know some people that are for choice only on one thing and wish to keep people from having choices on a variety of other subjects.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm against the death penalty, but not out of any moral defense for guilty parties. It's purely due to the imperfect process of condemning someone to death.

One innocent person executed is too many, and it has happened many times.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm against the death penalty, but not out of any moral defense for guilty parties. It's purely due to the imperfect process of condemning someone to death.

One innocent person executed is too many, and it has happened many times.

I agree I am against it for multiple reasons.

Upvote 0

jardiniere

Oct 14, 2006
✟152,266.00
Faith
Pantheist
I am a reluctant Democrat, only because the Republicans have seemingly been take over by anti-government far right. As a believer in the ethical goodness of democratic government, I have long thought the Republicans have the better arguments for governing capitalism, up until about 40-30 years ago. Because we must exist in a world with competing countries, we need a government that recognizes that it must find ways to help its population compete, and that means reduction in barriers to business. The EPA was established by a Republican, because he recognized that a country can't prosper while degrading the environment. Thus, a recognition that government plays an important role in optimizing a country for a competitive world.

Upvote 0