Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,241.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Something that happened to me- I was at a New Years Eve worship meeting at my church that went until around 12am. I left the church and as I was driving away I felt strongly that I needed to pray for protection as I drove home. I got distracted and never prayed but I was about 1/2 way to my house when I looked into the rear-view mirror and saw an SUV going very fast headed straight for me. I cried out to God, saying "JESUS!" and suddenly God took over and I swerved into the next lane and then an SUV blew past me probably doing 60 MPH in a 35 zone. Probably a drunk on the way back from a party. God protected me from a horrible accident!

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Something that happened to me- I was at a New Years Eve worship meeting at my church that went until around 12am. I left the church and as I was driving away I felt strongly that I needed to pray for protection as I drove home. I got distracted and never prayed but I was about 1/2 way to my house when I looked into the rear-view mirror and saw an SUV going very fast headed straight for me. I cried out to God, saying "JESUS!" and suddenly God took over and I swerved into the next lane and then an SUV blew past me probably doing 60 MPH in a 35 zone. Probably a drunk on the way back from a party. God protected me from a horrible accident!

I have had several instances where things like that have happened. I know what you mean when you say God took over…. there is no way that a human could maneuver…. nor is a vehicle capable of maneuvering with the instances I have had…… I have actually driven right through a county V shaped snow plow (when I say I…… I mean God). My brother who was driving behind me watched the whole thing. ….Guess who wanted to hear about God after that.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Those are just the times the Lord lets us know he protected us! I wonder how many times we're not even aware of. I remember about a month back I was headed to the store and turned at the wrong light. I was so frustrated because I would have to U-turn and go back. But then I thought just be patient, maybe there was going to be a wreck ahead and the Lord held me back. Well sure enough, when I got back on the main road and came to the light I was supposed to turn at, there was a wreck! And by the looks of it had just happened (no police) so the timing would have been right.

Reactions: YahuahSaves
Upvote 0

APersonWithNoName

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2022
Auckland
✟90,245.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

it is amazing that you would know that. I never had that experience before, I wish I had.

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Before I was 'saved', I was travelling in my 1980s camper van which had no power steering and the brakes were very touchy. I always had to put my foot on the brakes slowly so the back wheels didn't lock up, this meant I would usually have to mentally prepare to stop before an intersection.

Anyway, I was heading into a city, as I was getting closer, the traffic started getting heavier, it wasn't that fast, about 60kmh and there was a young P plater in the next lane who had an older lady in the car, I sensed she was acting overly cautious like she was a new driver and simultaneously, thought popped into my mind to be careful to avoid her.

I ignored the thought and switched lanes to try to get ahead in the traffic, so I was behind the P plater. We were approaching lights at the intersection, and here the rule for a yellow light is to stop, unless you're too close to the line to stop safely. The light turned from green to yellow, just as her car hit the line and she slammed her brakes on. I wasn't right up behind her, but due to knowing my van, I freaked and reacted by slamming the brakes as well (dumb move!) So my back wheels lock and it's like I go slow motion spinning to the right, a full 180 degrees so I ended up facing the opposite way.

Miraculous thing is, if there had of been anyone in the next lane and right behind I would have hit someone in the spin for sure. I was absolutely mortified and everyone had come to a complete stop behind me, with one guy in a 4WD laughing hysterically at me as I did my best to turn my hunk of junk around as fast as I could and high tale it outta there!

Suffice to say, I've never taken a risk near an intersection like that again. :prayer:

Upvote 0