Baton Rouge, Louisiana
✟15,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is my testimony, and how the Lord saved me from the depths of an I.V. drug addiction.

I went to a Christian church when I was very young, with my parents. I was never baptized with water, but I believed I was saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit because I knew in my heart that YES, Jesus was very real, and that he died for our sins. -- I had a wonderful childhood, but as I grew older, and became a high school student I fell away from God and Jesus and started using drugs and drinking. I was having sex and partying constantly! My life was slowly spinning out of control, but I was having so. much. FUN. The recreational drugs and alcohol turned into a full blown I.V. heroin addiction at the age of 17. I almost died more than once during this dark period in my life, and had several drug buddies who did in fact lose their life to heroin. I struggled with that demon for 3 full years before I had the guts to finally turn back to God. Oh how sorry I was... I did the most horrible things over those 3 years, and I was almost ashamed to even ASK for forgiveness. But... By the grace of God, I quit using and never looked back. *Not to say I haven't been tempted in the past 7 years, but I have never used another drug since then.*

At this point in time in my life, I was 20 years old... and this verse was constantly in my mind. Jonah 2:2-4 I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. 3 For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.4 Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.

Now, when I asked the Lord to help me, I was in my most desperate state. I had lost everything. I lost my job, my friends, dropped out of college for the 2nd time, stole everything from my parents, and lost their trust. I moved away from where I grew up to start a new life. I met a man and fell in love. We were married, and I had the most beautiful son whom I named Jonah.

Sadly, the man I had married was physically and verbally abusive towards me. He would hit me when I was pregnant with our son, and would berate and humiliate me on a day to day basis. Through that dark time, I turned again to God, and he heard me crying out to Him. When our son was 2 months of age, just a newborn, I finally had the strength and courage (Thanks to the Lord!) to leave him and get a divorce. That was 5 years ago.

I cannot tell you how much the Lord has blessed me, and how fortunate I am to have the beautiful family that I have today. I am happily married with two beautiful children, who love Jesus as much as I do!

Praise the Lord because He is GREAT :bow: