Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will have to conclude, then, that your theology teaches that good people get saved.

John 5:28- “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,742,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
John 5:28- “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.
Are you affirming what I said then? I don’t want to assume your purpose for posting this.

Upvote 0

xxkingskidlmxx

He died for you, why not live for Him
Sep 8, 2006
✟15,293.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
as the closet opens and replaces as the stomach turns ... turn right on 4th

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟85,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry you're offended I didn't lean on your every word, but there is a reason for that...I did not agree with much of anything you said. ;)

Glad you think you have it so right over others because you have this great teacher...but the more you speak the more l'd dearly love to know who this teacher you speak of is? :) Care to point us in their direction?

You already have my stance, and you won't be changing that today...far from it.

Get this straight... You are an odd type. You are not one of the "others." They do not think like you. I once met someone like you in a church. He bugged the pastor and anyone he could get to listen to him.

You are not "others." For there are many more than you who really want to know what the Scriptures teach. And, God hears their prayers and provides good teachers. If you are not in that prayer list you will keep thinking you are naturally smarter than the "others." But, God operates by grace, and He can make even the simplest believer to understand the deep things of God by means of His Spirit.

Have a nice day. Enjoy that seat in the corner.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Get this straight... You are an odd type. You are not one of the "others." They do not think like you. I once met someone like you in a church. He bugged the pastor and anyone he could get to listen to him.

You are not "others." For there are many more than you who really want to know what the Scriptures teach. And, God hears their prayers and provides good teachers. If you are not in that prayer list you will keep thinking you are naturally smarter than the "others." But, God operates by grace, and He can make even the simplest believer to understand the deep things of God by means of His Spirit.

Have a nice day. Enjoy that seat in the corner.

:) love it.

And what about that proper teacher you were going on about? Nothing, eh? And I was so looking forward to that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟894,382.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But do you HAVE to do those things? The bible says, beyond any doubt, we do...or else.

Yeah yours seems to be popular consensus among some, but there are many I know personally that hold to "faith only", who live like the devil and still think they are saved. Yet one will say, "But they were never saved to begin with" but no one I know has ever proven that. There are plenty that were saved to begin with who fall away.

Yes, you have to do good works. But even if you do all these things Jesus says in Matt 25, you might still not be saved. It may be something that you have disciplined yourself to do without having been born again.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, you have to do good works. But even if you do all these things Jesus says in Matt 25, you might still not be saved. It may be something that you have disciplined yourself to do without having been born again.

Mathew 25, what verse?

Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟894,382.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mathew 25, what verse?

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

What particular verse there or anywhere covers what you said here:

But even if you do all these things Jesus says in Matt 25, you might still not be saved. It may be something that you have disciplined yourself to do without having been born again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟894,382.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What particular verse there or anywhere covers what you said here:

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.

We need a new birth. Even a Buddhist or a Muslim can do what Jesus said in the quoted verses (Matt 25:35-36).

35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.

We need a new birth. Even a Buddhist or a Muslim can do what Jesus said in the quoted verses (Matt 25:35-36).

I know we must be born again, but what makes you think that some aren't born again and just discipline themselves? I disciplined myself after I was born again.

I'm honestly trying to find out if you got that from the bible or exactly what, if any bassis in fact your comment has.

35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Yet one can be converted and never do any good and not get in. It is all up to God who gets in and who doesn't

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟894,382.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know we must be born again, but what makes you think that some aren't born again and just discipline themselves? I disciplined myself after I was born again.

I'm honestly trying to find out if you got that from the bible or exactly what, if any bassis in fact your comment has.

As far as I know there is no verse in the Bible that says that unsaved people can do these good works. It's just obvious they can.

There are Hindus that give everything away to the poor etc. I have met people like that, that aren't Christians.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I was thinking you were gonna quote Matthew 7:23.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As far as I know there is no verse in the Bible that says that unsaved people can do these good works. It's just obvious they can.

There are Hindus that give everything away to the poor etc.

OK I see what you are getting at now...fair enough.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Surely we are not saved by works alone anymore than we are saved by grace (or faith) alone.

In regards to what we need to worry about:
I believe we are saved by:

God’s grace through faith (Justification)
+
Sanctification.

Upvote 0