Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I've had a little time to ponder just why I suffered so much recently. God does not so afflict His people, so it was Satan. So what opened the door to this attack?

Over the last few months, we've become virtually inactive in our work because of the virus. I became much discouraged. I began to think that my useful life was over and it was time to go home. I'm 69 so my "3 score and ten" fast approaches. I see the magnitude of the task ahead and it seems to grow bigger daily. I wonder if the work I thought was for me is actually for someone else. So the negative thoughts and subtle suggestions swirl around, leaving me flat - always a sign of Satan's interference.

Brethren, especially those who are disheartened, please do not go down the path that I have trod. God has a plan and purpose for each of His own people. Satan is intent on thwarting that plan. God will have His way, but we will miss out on our part and God's purpose will be delayed. Premature death is not the answer.

It's ironic that the people who do not know God cling to life while those who know God are anxious to get home. Friends, I do not have to tell you that the Kingdom of God is yet to be revealed on the earth. We have work to do right now, even if it to pray and resist the enemy.

Ephesians 1-3 is a glorious revelation of who were are in Christ and who Christ is on our behalf. Ephesians 4 & 5 show us how to live in the light of 1-3. Chapter 6 describes the spiritual battle going on that all believers should engage in. Sadly, few Christians have any real idea what spiritual warfare is about. God is looking for those who will be spiritual warriors. Satan is defeated. The battle is ours! But it's not automatic. WW2 was not won by soldiers digging foxholes and waiting for someone else to fight. They kept on advancing, relentless, courageous and overcoming all kinds of obstacles. Dare we do less in the spiritual war that we face?

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
I've had a little time to ponder just why I suffered so much recently. God does not so afflict His people, so it was Satan. So what opened the door to this attack?

Over the last few months, we've become virtually inactive in our work because of the virus. I became much discouraged. I began to think that my useful life was over and it was time to go home. I'm 69 so my "3 score and ten" fast approaches. I see the magnitude of the task ahead and it seems to grow bigger daily. I wonder if the work I thought was for me is actually for someone else. So the negative thoughts and subtle suggestions swirl around, leaving me flat - always a sign of Satan's interference.

Brethren, especially those who are disheartened, please do not go down the path that I have trod. God has a plan and purpose for each of His own people. Satan is intent on thwarting that plan. God will have His way, but we will miss out on our part and God's purpose will be delayed. Premature death is not the answer.

It's ironic that the people who do not know God cling to life while those who know God are anxious to get home. Friends, I do not have to tell you that the Kingdom of God is yet to be revealed on the earth. We have work to do right now, even if it to pray and resist the enemy.

Ephesians 1-3 is a glorious revelation of who were are in Christ and who Christ is on our behalf. Ephesians 4 & 5 show us how to live in the light of 1-3. Chapter 6 describes the spiritual battle going on that all believers should engage in. Sadly, few Christians have any real idea what spiritual warfare is about. God is looking for those who will be spiritual warriors. Satan is defeated. The battle is ours! But it's not automatic. WW2 was not won by soldiers digging foxholes and waiting for someone else to fight. They kept on advancing, relentless, courageous and overcoming all kinds of obstacles. Dare we do less in the spiritual war that we face?

Hebrews 12
"7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?"

I believe your chastisement doesnt come from Satan, but from God. He is loving you. He will keep loving us for eternity.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hebrews 12
"7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?"

I believe your chastisement doesnt come from Satan, but from God. He is loving you. He will keep loving us for eternity.
You were not were I was either physically or in location. You do not know the wonderful miracles that happened while I was distressed. I did not just open my bible and pick out a bible verse. I asked God to show me. And He has.

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
You were not were I was either physically or in location. You do not know the wonderful miracles that happened while I was distressed. I did not just open my bible and pick out a bible verse. I asked God to show me. And He has.
"You were not were I was either physically or in location" Self pity will do you no good. We all have hardships. I know our father, and I know he loves us. Everything that happens to us comes for the better of us. This why we pray his will. Even if it comes with hardships.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Give me a break. I'm the happiest man on the planet today. I found peace and joy in Jesus throughout the ordeal. All I am saying is that God did not send this blight on me to teach me a lesson. I by no means feel sorry for myself. While I was going through this trial, I was conscious that others were suffering with no help from God, because they do not know God. I'm not asking for sympathy. I give glory to Lord Jesus for the victory!

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Posted the first of Sept - Several prophetic voices are saying ramp up praying, reading His Word, spending time with God. Get ready for war - armor up.

God's armor is available to us
"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Eph 6

There are plenty of issues going on in the US that could benefit from having Godly warriors. Also, one thing that concerns me is that some other countries will follow the US and we"ve not been a good example in recent years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Posted the first of Sept - Several prophetic voices are saying ramp up praying, reading His Word, spending time with God. Get ready for war - armor up.

God's armor is available to us
"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Eph 6

There are plenty of issues going on in the US that could benefit from having Godly warriors. Also, one thing that concerns me is that some other countries will follow the US and we"ve not been a good example in recent years.
Yes. The Kingdom of God will come, but it is not automatic. It requires a group of believers who will take God seriously and become disciples, not just converts. God may well bypass the Western world (since mostly they have rejected Him) and it will be Christians in Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan or China who will put the West to shame. The Kingdom of God is very simple. It's where Lord Jesus reigns and Satan is driven out. When enough believers take up the fight and take up their cross, Satan will be revealed as the defeated fraud that he is. He is way too smart for people but no match for Lord Jesus. The stagnation and decline of the church has been underway for at least 45 years and I've watched it happen. There is, however, God's "remnant". They are the people like in the day of Elijah, the "7,000" who have not bowed the knee to Baal. God will use these people to bring Satan finally undone. My greatest desire is to be found as one of those who so cooperate with Lord Jesus to bring Satan grovelling under His feet.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, see humanism. Derek Prince defined as - believe anything but the truth and tolerate anything but righteousness.

Amazing how many dont believe we have an enemy. Disregarding Scripture such as:. "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil." This says daily take care of our heart matters.

But praying for revival. The Lord knows I mean converts who will become disciples.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Unfortunately, see humanism. Derek Prince defined as - believe anything but the truth and tolerate anything but righteousness.

But praying for revival. The Lord knows I mean converts who will become disciples.
Yes, Derek Prince warned against the decline in the church in the 70's. Revival will come when enough Christians get real with God. Since the modern gospel revolves around man's need and neglects God's requirements for disciples, it's hardly surprising that spiritual warfare is neglected. I tried to find someone in the US who would be willing to cast out demons. This is Christianity 101. I was amazed at how hard it was. There was no shortage of "Job's Counsellors" ridiculing the idea that people can be oppressed by demons.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Known several John Eckhardt has been doing deliverance for decades. Whether they acknowledge it or not, the enemy has affected every person "...for their minds have been blinded by the god of this age, leaving them in unbelief. Their blindness keeps them from seeing the dayspring light of the wonderful news of the glory of Jesus Christ, who is the divine image of God." II Cor 4:4

For deliverance, think it's viital to tell them to read God's Word because of -
"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." Matt 12 43-45

Another huge problem is this "no repentance necessary after salvation" message. Regardless which ministry is promoting it, it's not Biblical. Rev 2 and 3 - churches were told to repent. Seems a believer who is comfortable not repenting should realize they have a tremendous problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Indeed ....

Ephesians 6:12
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Ephesians 6:11
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Over the last few months, we've become virtually inactive in our work because of the virus. I became much discouraged. I began to think that my useful life was over ...

Maybe we should not make things too complicate. I think all problems comes, when people go astray from God and his word. Basically, God’s work is that we love others as ourselves. That may lead to many different situations, but love remains the same always. I think it is like in card came, what ever cards you get, you make the best out of it. Life is useful as long as it lasts, if you want so.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Maybe we should not make things too complicate. I think all problems comes, when people go astray from God and his word. Basically, God’s work is that we love others as ourselves. That may lead to many different situations, but love remains the same always. I think it is like in card came, what ever cards you get, you make the best out of it. Life is useful as long as it lasts, if you want so.
God's salvation is two-fold. First, He meets our desperate need for eternal life, that we might live right now - after all, we are born dead in trespass and sin. God had intended that Adam and Eve deal with Satan. Satan corrupted Adam and Eve. Those who are born again should be engaging in spiritual warfare. Jesus preached the gospel of the Kingdom, not a happy clappy Christian entertainment scene that keeps us amused until we die. We are at war, the most intense conflict imaginable. Way too few people are aware of this and way too few people are combatants. There is a price to pay. It's worth it.

Upvote 0