Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have thought, many times before, that the only real purpose these "Satanists" have is to denigrate the Christian Faith (which, given the devil's purpose, perhaps shouldn't be surprising). They are a reactive group, twisting the good purpose of societal laws and norms in order to inflict damage on something they find annoying (i.e., Nativity displays in public spaces).

But oddly, I find it hard to hate these people. If anything, I feel an enormous amount of sadness and pity for them. They're being duped, and they are acting as useful idiots for the devil's agenda. They get a big kick out of "sticking it" to the Christians, but they have absolutely no clue what awaits them at the end of their lives. When they arrive at the abode of the one they claim to "worship", the full consequence of their folly will come crashing down on them, and they will be facing an eternity that will be horrifying indeed.

A few weeks ago, I bought the DVD of "Nefarious", and so far I have watched it twice. I had heard that it was a movie that will make you think, and it certainly is. You have this atheist psychiatrist talking to a serial murderer, but he gets very little chance to speak with the actual murderer---most of the time, he's talking directly to the demon who is possessing the body of the murderer. At one point, the demon tells the doctor about sinister eternal realities, and the psychiatrist smirks and says, "Well, I might find that threatening---if I weren't an atheist." The demon laughs at him and then says, in a voice dripping with contempt, "You ignorant sack of meat! Do you actually think your lack of belief shields you from us???" A bit later, the demon explains to the doctor, "We did it bit by bit, James. Through your movies, your TV, your media. We desensitized you. And now, we've reached the point where you don't even recognize evil even when it's staring you in the face. You don't recognize evil even when you're doing it."

That's exactly where these "Satan worshippers" are. They think they're being clever and cute, but they're just being used---and eventually, they will learn that, in a most horrible, horrible way. :(