G

GuitarHero2

I agree with everything that you said. Awesome post dude you pretty much explained it all!

Upvote 0

Loner

Dec 31, 2005
Mars =)
✟15,954.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Whean the subject of satanic cults come up in metal it depends......if it some one who just doing it for show and shock I will see it more like horro movie, but if they mean it, I out of there!! The bands I avoid are guys like Marylin Manson, Christian Death, Mayhem and other like them becuase they are really evil people. As for Cardal of Filth I never Liked them to begin with so I am not that worried about there muisc. But I try to do reasch on bands that I do like who have darker theams in there music and see if they are real satan woshipers or just trying to scare you for show.

LebZepplin is really Satanic......?.........oh boy.......now I have do my homework on them.

Upvote 0

Theogonia

Jan 9, 2006
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
✟10,109.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
^ Rofl

Dude, old Mayhem owns you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why was my post quoted? I never said Zeppelin were Satanists, nor did I say LaVeyan Satanism had anything to do with the Christian concept of Satan. In my first post in this thread I even said that most 'satanic' bands really only do so for shock value and to play up the metal image and that real Satanic bands get very little mainstream attention because they're too out there.

Upvote 0

Idicious

Nov 14, 2004
The Netherlands
✟8,515.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Opethian said:
The backmasking in Led Zeppelin is not a hoax as far as I'm concerned. If you just reverse the song on your pc you can clearly hear the satanic lyrics and it would just be a far too big coincidence to not be intentional. But anyways who cares?

It's not possible to make backwords lyrics that sound right normally, Led actually has a song in which there is a backwords spoken bit at the end that sounds right when reversed but it sounds like jibberish normally and when you reverse it it says something like congratialations on finding the secret message and thanks for support.

Things you hear when you play music in reverse is just links your brain is laying the jibberish to sounds your familiar with. Like I heard about backwards message in stairway to heaven, I played the bit they sayed it was in but couldn't make anything of it, sounded like nothing, then and I read what it was suppost to say and only THEN could I hear it, your brain a wonderful thing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single

I think you're thinking of Pink Floyd, but I agree with the other things you said - you only hear the "message" once you've been told what it is. I tried it with Another One Bites the Dust, and I'm still not convinced that it really sounds like "it's fun to smoke marijuana".

Also, if Led Zeppelin wanted to stick a Satanic message in Stairway to Heaven, wouldn't they have put in one that makes a bit more sense. I've read what it's supposed to be, and it hardly sounds like a ringing endorsement of Satanism (at least as far as I can remember).

Upvote 0

BoneVulture

In madness ov night, in madness ov day
Jun 19, 2006
Espoo, Finland
✟15,326.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Hobo[IG leader];24223863 said:
How about Behemoth? Or is Satanica just a name ? Just another image thing?

Well, I'd agree to the degree that the lyrics are somewhere between paganic and satanic. Highly poetic, though:

"as the first harlot ov the world
banish'd god from body
carnal divinity she restor'd
as infinite ov nightsky
in our acts is instill'd"

"Inauguration of scorpio dome" from the album Thelema.6. If I ever choose to get a tattoo that contains lyrics, Behemoth's material would be a strong contender.

Well i know there was this Totally lame band that won the Euro Vision song Contest.. i think they name was lordi? and they were confessing to be satanic

Wrong, and you're a sore loser.

Upvote 0