Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abigale

From my post in "An Habitate of God"

Jesus showed us HOW TO overcome Satan

The 3 temptations of Christ

1st temptation
Turn the stones to bread. The devil's idea of privelege is that of selfish gratification. The first temptation was wholly in the physical realm and was an attempt to suggest unkindness of the father. An attempt to cloud intelligence by mixing priveleges and responsibility.
Satan's purpose is to lure to position outside of God's will. Jesus overcame being secure in his knowledge of god and in submission to god's will. Jesus' fortress is in acting only on God's will. His quite peaceful strength rested in the will of God , triumpph over all circumstances.

Temptation= over emphasis priveleges
Overcoming= stay in Father's will and wait for provisions

2nd temptation
Satan now attacks Jesus' confidence in God; His principal source of strength; His place of safety. Satan brought Jesus to the temple, the heart of all that appealed to the sence of godly trust. It was a direct attempt to make Jesus act on principal of trust and loving care of the Father.
Satan acknowledges that the spiritual life needs to be strong to exercise faith, that spiritual life is only strong as it feeds on the Word.
Jesus reveals the fact that he is still living upon the Word of God, and that as the physical being was content to be conditioned by the law of God, so also it is that law that defines his spiritual responsibility. He trespasses not on limits set by God.
Jesus gives true balance to Satan's isolated text. Jesus could trust God perfectly so long as He remained within the sphere of His revealed will, but that if He passed out of that sphere of His revealed will, then he had no right to trust and in fact, could not.
To tempt God is to reveal the death of trust. Such experiments are evidence of timidity.

3rd temptation
Attack on Jesus' mission..Satan's most daring bid for the Fortress..
Based on all the victories horribly won in the history of the human race, Satan boldly asks for the homage of Jesus. Satan's objective- a shortcut to divine destination.
Satan offered a gift- on condition.
Thus, for the winning of victory in the pathway of specific service, He took His place as man; and declared it impossible that he, abiding in the Divine will, should worship or serve any but God. To worship is always to serve, To pay homage is ever to recognise an obligation.

To overcome Satan the mind soul and will must all be working for God. In all thy ways, love the Lord with all your heart, mind soul, strength. In this way you overcome.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
before jesus began his earthly ministry, he was tempted by satan in the wilderness(mattthew 4:11)having withstood satan, jesus can help us resist the devil and temptation that come from him(hebrew 4:15,16 :)
Our Compassionate High Priest

Hebrews 4:14-16 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

There is a two-fold temptation to sin, inward and outward; inwardly Christ was not tempted to sin, outwardly he was. We have the added temptation to sin coming from the flesh. Adam (male and female) were tempted only outwardly just as Jesus was.

His mind, or human soul, being free from all sin, being every way perfect, could feel no irregular temper, nothing that was inconsistent with infinite purity. In all these respects he was different from us; and cannot, as man, sympathize with us in any feelings of this kind: but, as God, he has provided support for the body under all its trials and infirmities, and for the soul he has provided an atonement and purifying sacrifice; so that he cleanses the heart from all unrighteousness, and fills the soul with his Holy Spirit, and makes it his own temple and continual habitation. He took our flesh and blood, a human body and a human soul, and lived a human life. Here was the likeness of sinful flesh, Ro 8:5; and by assuming human nature, he was completely qualified to make an atonement for the sins of the world.

His abiding gives us the mind of Christ.

Romans 12

1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
devil.... it is written! My Father said ! ; therefore I say ...

ephesians 6.10 our enemy and our armor ...the Word of God that we understand and utilize ...

I am special 1 Peter 3.4
I am fearfully and wonderfully made ps 139.14
I am a success ... romans 8.37
I have a purpose .. ephesians 1.5,11
I am to be the head ... Deuteronomy 28.13
I can do all with Jesus ... Philippians 4.13
what is impossible for me .. God can do Mat 19.26
In my pain if I call out He will hear and answer me Ps. 118.5
I am never alone .. Psalm 139
I am to be blessed at all times Deut. 28.1-6

Upvote 0
Status